Greenville County is a vibrant community in the Upstate region of South Carolina. It’s home to approximately 520,000 residents and has a senior community that accounts for about 16% of its population. This sunny city has many attractions that may interest seniors, such as the 14-acre Greenville Zoo and Marci Jo’s Olde Mountain Store, which features fresh-baked goods. The region also boasts beautiful state parkshistory tours and public art displays.

There are approximately 40 licensed assisted living facilities in Greenville County with enough beds to accommodate 2,461 seniors. This region is an affordable option for assisted living, with fees coming in 4% below the national rate at $3,806 monthly. Costs for individual facilities may vary, depending on the location and the services and amenities provided.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Greenville County, SC

Food staff and wellness program are great,

2020, 2021

Quillen Manor

709 Quillen Ave, Fountain Inn, SC, 29644

Quillen Manor was very nice inside. They had activities, a community room, a nice dining room (they just had a new chef), and games like bingo. The lady that toured me around was also nice. They had a … (read more)

The Parker

12 Boyce Ave., Greenville, SC, 29601

We’re in the process of moving my parents to The Parker. They seem very professional, caring, and quite helpful. The rooms and the facility were very, very clean. The residents there were easy to talk … (read more)

The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

23 Southpointe Drive, Greenville, SC, 29607

I visited three different communities in person, and we’re just trying to figure out what was the best one for my friend’s needs. I felt like The Legacy at Southpointe Drive had a lot going on. They h … (read more)

The Springs at Simpsonville

214 E. Curtis Street, Simpsonville, SC, 29681

Of all the assisted living, we would’ve picked The Springs at Simpsonville. I love the fact that the family that built this facility is still a part of it and their presence there is just evident ever … (read more)

Pine Grove Senior Living

2006 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Nestled in Greenville, South Carolina, Greenville Place offers residents relaxation and southern charm with wrap-around porches and plenty of Southern-style rockers. Greenville attracti … (read more)

Oakview Park

100 Hood Road, Greenville, SC, 29611

The staff at Oakview Park was wonderful. I got to meet a lot of the people that were there, and they were very friendly. It was all on one level, which was nice. The staff was very helpful. They were … (read more)

Harmony at Five Forks

345 Five Forks Rd, Simpsonville, SC, 29681

Harmony at Five Forks was a very nice place and they’ve got very friendly people. The communication was open and answers to my questions were given without hesitation. I like it. The staff was very fr … (read more)

Windsor House

1931 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Just a few short minutes from Interstate 85 in Greenville, South Carolina, Windsor House provides assisted living for 50 residents over the age of 55. Residents and their loved ones agree that Windsor … (read more)

The Blake at Hollingsworth Park

360 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC, 29607

My wife moved into The Blake at Hollingsworth Park. I liked that it was conveniently located, and we are less than a mile from the facility. It is a well-kept facility. The staff comes across as being … (read more)

Spring Park

925 N Main Street, Travelers Rest, SC, 29690

I went to Spring Park. The people seemed very genuine, and they had activities going. When we got there, there was an activity going on. When we were leaving, there was an activity going on. Every oth … (read more)

The Legacy at Hawthorne Park

20 Hawthorne Park Court, Greenville, SC, 29615

My mother has moved into The Legacy at Hawthorne Park. I like that they know the residents very well. They get to learn their likes and dislikes and what their interests are and how to best take care … (read more)

Waterstone on Augusta

1004 Augusta Street, Greenville, SC, 29605

I toured Waterstone on Augusta. I got a full tour of everything. It was beautiful. The staff seemed wonderful. The rooms were spacious. It was very nice. They have a lot of activities that go on. They … (read more)

The Gables on Pelham

1306 Pelham Rd, Greenville, SC, 29615

Just moved my mother-in-law out of the Gables. I’ll stick to the facts: -her room was consistently over the allowed temperature by DHEC. Temps for several weeks exceeded 74 degrees. I had to pick … (read more)

2015

Manning Place

10 Companion Court, Greer, SC, 29651

Manning Place is located in Greer, South Carolina, close to Walmart, Hillview Plaza and numerous health clinics. Visitors describe the facility as nice and clean, and they’re impressed by the wonderfu … (read more)

Oaks at Chanticleer

355 Berkmans Lane, Greenville, SC, 29605

As far as the Oaks at Chanticleer is concerned, it is one of the best places my husband has been. It’s bright, cheery, and not gloomy. He’s just now beginning to come out of his room but I would say e … (read more)

Greenville Glen

1101 Garlington Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Greenville Glen was very nice. They were super accommodating and very nice people. What I liked best about it was that it was small and there were a lot of caring individuals concerned for each reside … (read more)

Brookdale Brushy Creek

2010 Brushy Creek Road, Greer, SC, 29650

Brookdale Brushy Creek is located in Greer, South Carolina, just minutes from the Eastside Family YMCA. Family members appreciate this facility’s accommodating staff and its clean, furnished rooms. Re … (read more)

The Residences of Greer

715 South Buncombe Road, Greer, SC, 29650

I loved everything about them. I told my family that when I’m at an age where I need to go to assisted living, I need to go there. It was awesome, it’s fairly new and all the rooms had hardwood floors … (read more)

Patriot Living of Greenville

120 Roper Mountain Road Extension, Greenville, SC, 29615

Before Covid, my dad and sister kept my grandma’s room clean and free of bugs. As of March, when family could no longer go in, her room became roach infested. We moved her out of the facility and went … (read more)

Paying for Assisted Living in Greenville County

The Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey discloses that seniors in Greenville, the seat of Greenville County, pay approximately $2,800 per month for assisted living, making it one of the most economical options for senior care in the region. Fees in this city are nearly $1,200 lower than the state median of $3,988 and approximately $1,500 lower than the national rate of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

The Greenville County region is among the most cost-effective options in South Carolina for assisted living at $2,800 monthly. The only city where care is cheaper is Sumter, which is about 160 miles to the southeast. Here, monthly rates are well below state and national averages at $2,200. In Spartanburg, care costs are considerably higher at $4,095, and in Florence, fees come in at $4,163. In the capital city of Columbia, care costs are on par with the national average, and in Myrtle Beach, seniors pay an average of $4,620 per month for this level of care. The most expensive city for assisted living is Hilton Head Island, where monthly rates come in at $5,475.

$2800

Spartanburg

$4163

Florence

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenville County

In South Carolina, seniors who need help paying assisted living costs can apply for the South Carolina Community Choices Medicaid Wavier. The state also offers supplemental SSI payments.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenville County

ResourceContact Service
Senior Action(864) 467-3660Senior Action is a local nonprofit agency that supports older adults through a broad range of services and programs. Its wellness program fosters a high quality of life and provides older adults with the information they need to make informed decisions for their physical and mental health. It has financial services to help seniors with future planning. The agency offers nonemergency medical transportation throughout the Greenville region. It operates eight outreach centers in the county where it provides a variety of social and recreational activities, including games and crafts, as well as congregate meals.
Appalachian Council of Governments(864) 242-9733The Appalachian Council of Governments is the Area Agency on Aging that serves Greenville County residents aged 60 and over. It provides a broad array of services, including a long-term care ombudsman program that advocates on behalf of those in assisted living. Seniors can contact their local ombudsman for information about resident rights and for assistance with resolving interpersonal issues. The ombudsman also fields and investigates reports of abuse or neglect. Other programs that the agency provides include information and assistance with accessing local services and supports, congregate meals and nonemergency medical transportation.
Greenville County Veterans Affairs(864) 467-7230The Greenville County Veterans Affairs Department helps qualifying veterans and their dependents obtain the services and benefits that they’re entitled to. Through this office, veterans get help with applying for benefits that may help cover assisted living expenses, including the Aid and Attendance benefit and the VA pension. Officers can also help veterans determine whether they qualify for veterans’ home placement or VA healthcare services.
Greenville County Parks and Recreation | Senior Programs(864) 288-6470The county’s Parks and Recreation Department hosts a variety of activities for those aged 50 and over, fostering a fun and social environment for older adults in the community. The department hosts two annual events for seniors, including Senior Games, where participants compete in sports such as miniature golf and table tennis, and the Harvest Ball, which features a dinner and dancing. The department also operates a senior center with daily programs for those aged 60 and over.
SENIOR Solutions(864) 332-5424SENIOR Solutions is a local nonprofit agency that serves older adults through a range of programs. Its SENIOR Access Program is an information and referral service that helps older adults connect with local resources that meet their needs, including assistance with paperwork for insurance and applying for Medicaid. It also provides insurance and transportation services.
South Carolina Legal Services(864) 679-3232South Carolina Legal Services is a statewide agency that provides free civil legal aid for seniors aged 60 and over. At its Greenville location, visitors get assistance with applying or getting recertified for public benefits, such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income. It also assists seniors with creating simple wills and assigning powers of attorney.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenville County

Greenville County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.