Greenville County is a vibrant community in the Upstate region of South Carolina. It’s home to approximately 520,000 residents and has a senior community that accounts for about 16% of its population. This sunny city has many attractions that may interest seniors, such as the 14-acre Greenville Zoo and Marci Jo’s Olde Mountain Store, which features fresh-baked goods. The region also boasts beautiful state parkshistory tours and public art displays.

There are approximately 40 licensed assisted living facilities in Greenville County with enough beds to accommodate 2,461 seniors. This region is an affordable option for assisted living, with fees coming in 4% below the national rate at $3,806 monthly. Costs for individual facilities may vary, depending on the location and the services and amenities provided.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Greenville County, SC

Food staff and wellness program are great,

2020, 2021

Quillen Manor

709 Quillen Ave, Fountain Inn, SC, 29644

Quillen Manor was perfect, unfortunately, just not in our price range. It’s still a good price though. They were amazing, I like everything about it. It felt like it would be a perfect place for my da … (read more)

Greenville Place

2006 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Nestled in Greenville, South Carolina, Greenville Place offers residents relaxation and southern charm with wrap-around porches and plenty of Southern-style rockers. Greenville attracti … (read more)

The Parker

12 Boyce Ave., Greenville, SC, 29601

I thought The Parker was adequate and clean. The staff who showed me around didn’t take a whole lot of time with the tour. She mainly told me verbally what they had. It looked like it had just been re … (read more)

The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

23 Southpointe Drive, Greenville, SC, 29607

I was really impressed with The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. To me, it was a very nice place. They greeted me as I walked in and there were residents around. They introduced me to a couple of the resi … (read more)

The Springs at Simpsonville

214 E. Curtis Street, Simpsonville, SC, 29681

We went to the Springs at Simpsonville. It was very nice, it was a little older, but the staff was excellent. The dining room was a good size, and it looked inviting enough. They didn’t have as much a … (read more)

Palmettos of Mauldin

810 E Butler Rd, Greenville, SC, 29607

Palmettos of Mauldin is located in the southern Greenville suburb of Mauldin, approximately nine miles south of downtown Greenville. It sits just west of Interstate 385, making it easy for loved ones … (read more)

Fairview Park

544 Harrison Bridge Road, Simpsonville, SC, 29680

We toured Fairview Park and we liked it. It’s very nice. As soon as we walked in, two beautiful dogs greeted us, and that’s so welcoming for the elderly. That was a big thing, and I thought that was v … (read more)

2015

The Gardens at Eastside

275 Commonwealth Dr, Greenville, SC, 29615

Conveniently situated in a residential neighborhood just minutes from Interstate 85 in Greenville, South Carolina, The Gardens at Eastside regularly receives praise from residents and visitors alike f … (read more)

Harmony at Five Forks

345 Five Forks Rd, Simpsonville, SC, 29681

Harmony at Five Forks was very nice in every way. The staff who toured us was very accommodating to us. The place was pristine and clean. The room we saw was very nice and very attractive. I would say … (read more)

Pendleton Manor

414 Summit Drive, Greenville, SC, 29609

Pendleton Manor is located in the northern part of Greenville, South Carolina, approximately two miles north of downtown. Residents enjoy the facility’s cozy feel and personal charm as well as th … (read more)

The Gables on Pelham

1306 Pelham Rd, Greenville, SC, 29615

It was excellent, they were really good, and I didn’t have any complaints. My mom is in there. They are friendly, and I would recommend them to anybody. They sing, they play piano, someone comes in th … (read more)

The Legacy at Hawthorne Park

20 Hawthorne Park Court, Greenville, SC, 29615

I liked The Legacy at Hawthorne Park, but it’s a little more than what my mother can afford. They were remodeling part of the memory care at that time. The apartments were nice, but they only had the … (read more)

Waterstone on Augusta

1004 Augusta Street, Greenville, SC, 29605

Waterstone on Augusta is a brand new place, and it is very nice. It has terrific staff, and residents are just beginning to come in. There are 30+ residents now that have moved, and we’re very happy. … (read more)

The Blake at Hollingsworth Park

360 Woodruff Rd, Greenville, SC, 29607

Spring Park

925 N Main Street, Travelers Rest, SC, 29690

I am in Spring Park now. It’s nice, they keep it clean. People that visit have remarked about the cleanliness of the place. I think the staff do a good job. We haven’t had anyone here with the virus. … (read more)

Windsor House

1931 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC, 29615

Just a few short minutes from Interstate 85 in Greenville, South Carolina, Windsor House provides assisted living for 50 residents over the age of 55. Residents and their loved ones agree that Windsor … (read more)

Oakview Park

100 Hood Road, Greenville, SC, 29611

The rooms are roomy and the families are aloud to decorate and bring things from the residences home. A little advice a single serve coffee make would be the best for fire safety reasons. Also make su … (read more)

The Phoenix at Greer

715 South Buncombe Road, Greer, SC, 29650

They are attentive to the clients. If you notice something that needs to be done, they take care of it right away.

2015

Manning Place

10 Companion Court, Greer, SC, 29651

Manning Place is located in Greer, South Carolina, close to Walmart, Hillview Plaza and numerous health clinics. Visitors describe the facility as nice and clean, and they’re impressed by the wonderfu … (read more)

Paying for Assisted Living in Greenville County

The Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey discloses that seniors in Greenville, the seat of Greenville County, pay approximately $2,800 per month for assisted living, making it one of the most economical options for senior care in the region. Fees in this city are nearly $1,200 lower than the state median of $3,988 and approximately $1,500 lower than the national rate of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

The Greenville County region is among the most cost-effective options in South Carolina for assisted living at $2,800 monthly. The only city where care is cheaper is Sumter, which is about 160 miles to the southeast. Here, monthly rates are well below state and national averages at $2,200. In Spartanburg, care costs are considerably higher at $4,095, and in Florence, fees come in at $4,163. In the capital city of Columbia, care costs are on par with the national average, and in Myrtle Beach, seniors pay an average of $4,620 per month for this level of care. The most expensive city for assisted living is Hilton Head Island, where monthly rates come in at $5,475.

$2800

Spartanburg

$4163

Florence

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenville County

In South Carolina, seniors who need help paying assisted living costs can apply for the South Carolina Community Choices Medicaid Wavier. The state also offers supplemental SSI payments.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenville County

ResourceContact Service
Senior Action(864) 467-3660Senior Action is a local nonprofit agency that supports older adults through a broad range of services and programs. Its wellness program fosters a high quality of life and provides older adults with the information they need to make informed decisions for their physical and mental health. It has financial services to help seniors with future planning. The agency offers nonemergency medical transportation throughout the Greenville region. It operates eight outreach centers in the county where it provides a variety of social and recreational activities, including games and crafts, as well as congregate meals.
Appalachian Council of Governments(864) 242-9733The Appalachian Council of Governments is the Area Agency on Aging that serves Greenville County residents aged 60 and over. It provides a broad array of services, including a long-term care ombudsman program that advocates on behalf of those in assisted living. Seniors can contact their local ombudsman for information about resident rights and for assistance with resolving interpersonal issues. The ombudsman also fields and investigates reports of abuse or neglect. Other programs that the agency provides include information and assistance with accessing local services and supports, congregate meals and nonemergency medical transportation.
Greenville County Veterans Affairs(864) 467-7230The Greenville County Veterans Affairs Department helps qualifying veterans and their dependents obtain the services and benefits that they’re entitled to. Through this office, veterans get help with applying for benefits that may help cover assisted living expenses, including the Aid and Attendance benefit and the VA pension. Officers can also help veterans determine whether they qualify for veterans’ home placement or VA healthcare services.
Greenville County Parks and Recreation | Senior Programs(864) 288-6470The county’s Parks and Recreation Department hosts a variety of activities for those aged 50 and over, fostering a fun and social environment for older adults in the community. The department hosts two annual events for seniors, including Senior Games, where participants compete in sports such as miniature golf and table tennis, and the Harvest Ball, which features a dinner and dancing. The department also operates a senior center with daily programs for those aged 60 and over.
SENIOR Solutions(864) 332-5424SENIOR Solutions is a local nonprofit agency that serves older adults through a range of programs. Its SENIOR Access Program is an information and referral service that helps older adults connect with local resources that meet their needs, including assistance with paperwork for insurance and applying for Medicaid. It also provides insurance and transportation services.
South Carolina Legal Services(864) 679-3232South Carolina Legal Services is a statewide agency that provides free civil legal aid for seniors aged 60 and over. At its Greenville location, visitors get assistance with applying or getting recertified for public benefits, such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income. It also assists seniors with creating simple wills and assigning powers of attorney.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenville County

Greenville County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.