Brookdale Brushy Creek

Reviews of Brookdale Brushy Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Brushy Creek

June 17, 2014

By caring78033450

Sterling House looks and smells like a nursing home. There are people that sit around in the common areas asleep. They aren't being engaged at all. The rooms are adequate, but they don't have a warm feeling. The staff is very nice. They were social with me, but they didn't get personally involved with me.

October 28, 2013

By Cathy32

My mom was in respite care at Sterling House. She actually will be going there again. We chose this facility at that time because they had a bed available when we needed it and probably the biggest plus for us was that they're one mile from our home, so it was most convenient in terms of location. The staff was very much accommodating. Their rooms were very nice. She was in a studio apartment and it met her needs at that time. I think they have some even larger rooms but, actually, too much room would be more confusing for people with dementia like my mom. The food was great there too.

June 16, 2011

Caregivers here seem like they really care about the residents. There wa no bad smell when I first visited this facitlity as sometimes I have been overcome with horrible smells upon entering asst. living homes and nursing homes. My relative's room is not kept as clean as I would like it though, there is always trash on the floor and her dirty clothes are just left lying around and not always put in her hamper. They bring her clean clothes to her room, but lately I have to hang them all up and put them away in hr drawers because they are not doing that - she has dementia and cannot do this. They are making us pay for them to hand feed my relative, but I have yet to see them do it. I feed her snacks when I come to see her, and she seems to be starving!

Photos of Brookdale Brushy Creek

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Brushy Creek

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: CRCF

About Brookdale Brushy Creek

Brookdale Brushy Creek provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Brushy Creek