14 Assisted Living Facilities near Simpsonville, SC
With an average cost of $3,800 in Simpsonville, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 20 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 3 facilities in Simpsonville.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Simpsonville, SC
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Simpsonville, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Simpsonville
Located in Greenville County, the city of Simpsonville, SC, is home to a substantial population of seniors — more than 24 percent of the population is age 55 and over. Simpsonville is also home to three assisted living facilities with a further 22 located nearby. These facilities, also dubbed community residential care facilities, are both regulated and licensed by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Simpsonville
- Seniors concerned about saving on monthly expenses may be relieved to learn that Simpsonville's cost of living index of 97 is less than the national cost of living index of 100. This is a good thing because South Carolina's average cost of living is higher than the national average. Seniors should expect to find lower prices on groceries and other necessities. However, health care costs average higher than both the state and national median.
- The state of South Carolina does not tax social security checks. This may leave seniors with more funds in their budgets to help pay for assisted living costs.
- The Simpsonville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hillcrest Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Simpsonville features an array of resources for seniors, including the Simpsonville Activity and Senior Center, which offers fitness activities, games, Bible study, line dancing and trips to area restaurants and events.
- There are multiple cultural attractions in the Simpsonville area that seniors may enjoy visiting such as the Heritage Park Amphitheater and the Golden Park Recreation Center.
- The average crime rate in Simpsonville is 3,939 crimes per 100,000 people. This may be noteworthy to some seniors who are concerned about community safety as the national average crime rate is 2,837 crimes per 100,000 people.
Paying for Assisted Living in Simpsonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Simpsonville start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Simpsonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Simpsonville
Qualifying seniors may be eligible for public financial assistance to help pay for their care at an assisted living facility in or around Simpsonville. The Home and Community-Based Services waiver can provide some financial assistance to seniors if they qualify for support. In addition, seniors who receive SSI benefits may also be eligible to receive a state supplement to help pay for assisted living facility care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Simpsonville
Simpsonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Simpsonville, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Simpsonville
Simpsonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Simpsonville, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Simpsonville
Review of Harmony at Five Forks
We went to Harmony at Five Forks. It's good, I can see it as a very comprehensive independent living, assisted living, gradual change type. We visited the assisted living, but it was kind of hotel ... Read more
Review of The Springs at Simpsonville
We went to the Springs at Simpsonville. It was very nice, it was a little older, but the staff was excellent. The dining room was a good size, and it looked inviting enough. They didn't have as muc... Read more
Review of Fairview Park
We toured Fairview Park and we liked it. It's very nice. As soon as we walked in, two beautiful dogs greeted us, and that's so welcoming for the elderly. That was a big thing, and I thought that wa... Read more