Quillen Manor

Reviews of Quillen Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Quillen Manor

January 09, 2019

By Karen

Quillen Manor was not too bad but it wasn't right for my mother. The place had an odor. The staff seemed to be fairly nice. They had a garden and a wonderful little screened-in area to sit out on and rock in which I liked.

July 30, 2018

By Lisa

The people at Quillen Manor were fantastic, they sat with us, and talked to us. They were great, we sat and complained and they listened to me. The only complaint I had was that the office where they do the interviewing is really tight. But it was clean, and all the people there seemed to be happy. The building for the assisted living was the main building, and they have small houses on the side for the independent living residents. The place was clean, they had refreshments, and everybody stopped and talked to us on our way. We looked at three rooms, one was a private room, and there was one with two rooms separated by a bathroom. We also looked at a transition room where they go while waiting on their permanent room, but the bathroom there wasn't conducive to my mom since she doesn't have a lot of mobility left. The last time we went, they were doing some exercise activities in one of the meeting rooms, and it was really kind of neat. They also had the residents sitting out on the screened-in back porch and they were talking about different kinds of birds. They were pretty active.

October 23, 2017

By Roger D.

We visited Quillen Manor, and I wouldn't mind being there myself. They took care of us, showed us around, and told us some future developments which would be ready next year. The staff was very informative, polite, and very nice. We're interested in the cottages.

Independent Living Reviews for Quillen Manor

August 10, 2016

By Caring_2643552

Quillen Manor is amazing. All of the caregivers are so sweet, caring, and accomadating to the residents. My dad was a resident and he felt very loved and cared for. They are also very supportive of the families of their residents . Quillen Manor has events like Thanksgiving dinner that you can go to with your family member. It's really fun for the residents! Also, if your family member likes really good southern cooking, this is the place for them. And you can also have a pet, which is really important to some elders when leaving home to live somewhere else. I'm very thankful that Quillen Manor was suggested for my dad when he was in a rehabilitation center after being in the hospital.

November 04, 2013

This facility is a medium size assisted living facility. My mother is a resident there. My brother and I visited numerous assisting living places before making the decision to move our mom there. The care givers at Quillen are superb. Working at Quillen is not just a job to them. They genuinely care for the residents there and they are top notch when it comes to taking care of their charges. My mother did not want to go into assisted living but because of TIAs and other medical problems she could no longer live in her home. She has been at Quillen a little over 4 weeks now and she loves it. We are so happy that she has adjusted to her new home. She receives 3 cooked meals a day, there are qualified medical personnel on staff and this facility hires qualified employees for cooking, maintenance, caregiving, housekeeping and executives. You can't go wrong if you live near Greenville SC and you choose Quillen for assisted living care.

August 26, 2013

By Gary H

My mom has moved into Quillen Manor about three or four months ago. The people are very nice and it's a very nice apartment; we're very pleased with it and it's affordable. She loves it there and they've made her transition a lot better. They have maintenance 24/7, if anything goes wrong; they're there to take care of it. All she has to do is pay the rent and everything else is provided for her. Another great feature is that it's about five minutes away from my house, which makes things a lot easier as well. Also, they have security there as the police monitoring the area really well; they have a small town police department and they patrol the area during the night and early morning hours. They keep a good eye on it, which makes is very reassuring because you don't have to worry about it.

Questions about Quillen Manor

What transportation services does Quillen Manor offer to assisted living residents?

15 miles within community to appointments

What makes the chef or dining program at Quillen Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Anytime menu, giving our residents options. They can choose from soup, sandwich or salad.

If Quillen Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets in our independent living. There is a one time non-refundable pet fee of $250.00

Costs for Quillen Manor

Photos of Quillen Manor

Services and Amenities of Quillen Manor

• Companion Suites: Private And Shared Rooms For Assisted Living And Memory Care
  • Housing Extra: Private And Shared Rooms For Assisted Living And Memory Care

• Low Salt

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Lic CRC-1321

About Quillen Manor

At Quillen Manor, you’ll feel the difference in our warm, family-focused environment of care. Quillen Manor is owned by Louis and Lori Garrard, not by a corporation or senior care conglomerate.

The Quillen Manor team, residents and their families get to know each other personally, building close relationships that foster a fullness of care that feels like home. At Quillen Manor, residents are members of a large extended family. Visitors and residents immediately feel the warmth and care we provide.

Active Living:

Residents of The Villas at Quillen Manor enjoy independent living with the best of both worlds. Designed for active seniors, Quillen Manor features well-appointed villas and an array of community amenities. Retired seniors living in The Villas enjoy one complimentary meal each day, monthly housekeeping and the peace of mind that comes with knowing assistance is available if needed. While offering privacy and independence, Villa residents have access to all Quillen Manor amenities and activities.

Assisted Living:

If you or your family member is having difficulty managing day-to-day activities, assisted living care is an excellent option. At Quillen Manor, we cater to seniors who want an active, independent lifestyle but need a little help with daily tasks such as meals, self-care, and housekeeping. Assisted living residents to receive three nutritious and delicious meals per day, plus snacks. Our residents enjoy a homelike environment and as much independence as they want, with the comfort and security of knowing that care and support are available if they need them. We provide a full range of care, so our residents stay with us as the level of care they need increases.

Memory Care:

Quillen Manor is a community that meets the unique needs of individuals with memory disorders. By creating a simpler world that moves at a slower, more structured pace, we minimize confusion and anxiety. Quillen Manor is designed to enhance residents’ social, cognitive, physical and emotional abilities through innovative therapy, social interaction with others at the same stage of progression, and appropriate environmental features. In our memory care wing, we provide care through all stages of dementia, Alzheimer’s and other memory disorders, including hospice care. Memory care residents receive three nutritious and delicious meals per day, plus snacks.The apartments at Quillen Manor are designed to provide our residents with a comfortable and gracious senior living environment. Apartments are generously sized, well-equipped, clean and modern. We offer a variety of floor plans ranging from cozy suites to spacious one- or two-bedroom apartments. We also have an entire floor with double suites dedicated to resident couples.

Each apartment is furnished with a refrigerator, granite countertops, plantation blinds, custom-built closets, crown molding and individual air conditioning units. All rooms have carpeting and nonslip flooring with a moisture barrier. Our apartments also have large bathrooms, complete with walk-in showers, emergency pull cords and grab bars.

Our residents move in with their favorite furniture, personal items and decorative pieces to personalize their homes and make them comfortable. They also may choose a fully furnished suite or a combination of their furnishings and ours.

At Quillen Manor, we believe that the financial aspect of providing care for a family member should be as straightforward as possible. For this reason, we offer an all-inclusive, flat monthly fee, that ensures predictability for families, rather than the more common tiered payment structure based on a resident’s ever-changing needs.

Map of Quillen Manor