The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Reviews of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Assisted Living Reviews for The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

July 14, 2021

By Steven

I was really impressed with The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. To me, it was a very nice place. They greeted me as I walked in and there were residents around. They introduced me to a couple of the residents, showed me the rooms, and introduced me to the chef and several members of the staff. It's very, very clean and very spacious, and Keisha, the staff who showed me around, was extremely nice and extremely professional. I saw the dining area and a place where they go and gather for activities. I was checking out the assisted living, but they also showed me the memory care area, which I was not able to go in. They walked me around the grounds as well. They weren't currently doing any kind of activities, but they told me that they actually had a list on the door about what was coming up. It was very nice. They have a room that's dedicated for people with a military background where they can sit and talk about their past, I guess. The food looked really good too. According to them, everything is prepared fresh, and they try to accommodate the residents. They were really, really prepared with the tour. The place was really clean and nice. She even offered to show me other places just to make sure that I wasn't being presented with what they wanted me to see, which I thought was extremely nice and important, because I know there are a lot of places that only show you what they want you to see, and I get that. If anyone has a chance to put their relatives there, they should, because it's a really nice place.

November 06, 2020

By D Williams Family

Legacy has become a family to our family. And this is exactly the situation you hope for. The staff listens out for input. They are warm and caring. During COVID-19, they have taken actions to keep residence safe. They have a newly painted lovely facility in a convenient location. We can easily pick up snack groceries just across the way to bring for our mom to keep in her efficient kitchenette. A lovely caring lady, Joni, makes her bed and puts away her laundry. Our mom is so grateful for her. During normal times, there are wonderful activities that she thoroughly enjoys such as exercise, games, music, worship, Wine and cheese, and exceptional Holiday events all organized by their most wonderful activity director, Courtney. Everything Courtney plans is fun and puts a smile on your face. Families feel very included. There is excellent communication with families. And they are quite approachable to discuss any questions. We feel very blessed to have found this wonderful location and home.

August 14, 2020

By LNE

The rooms are spacious and this allowed my mom to bring more of her own personal items with her She has connected well with various staff members who oversee her care and needs She loves the activity director and they keep her very engaged in the daily activities there at the facility Their outdoor sitting area is like your own front porch and the back has an open, peaceful feeling

October 01, 2019

By Dennis

The care that my mom has been receiving at Brookdale Southpointe Drive has been really good. It's a very nice piece of property. There's another care facility just past it, and on the backside there are apartments. They have a nice courtyard, the whole inside of the building is decorated nicely in fresh new carpet and furniture in the common areas. So it's well-taken care of, there's been a few issues but it was not bad. Most of the staff members are good, they just have issues trying to keep a good chef or meal planners. I haven't eaten there lately but I heard that the food has gotten better. I think that the executive director himself is just young and inexperienced as far as that goes, but that's about it. Everybody else is very confident and very helpful.

December 05, 2016

My parents haven't been super pleased with the care at Brookdale Southpointe Drive. For starters, what is advertised on the menu is almost never served, and the cook doesn't generally show up on the weekends, so somebody from administration has to throw together a quick meal which is sometimes served on time and sometimes not. My parents have sat there for as long as an hour and a half waiting for lunch only to be told that the pork chops were not cooked through and everybody would have to have a sandwich instead. Also, in South Carolina state law, snacks have to be accessible to residents of assisted living, but all they have is a bowl of fruit for snacks and everything else has to be purchased from a vending machine. They have to have free snacks available. You can't have an iron in the room, so if you want to press your shirt, you can't. There is no way to iron your clothing, and you have to go rumpled. It's supposed to be a place where they're encouraged to live as independently as possible, but they can't even iron their shirt before they go to the doctor's office. They have absolutely zero privacy. If your door is locked, and any employee comes to your room for any reason, they give one quick courtesy rap on the door, and then they unlock it and come in. We have tried talking to the executive director multiple times, and they got a really screwy medicine policy. They’ve mixed my parents' medicine up with each other, and when they give them their medicine, they don't tell them what they're giving them. It would help if they did so at least my parents would have a clue if they're getting what they're supposed to be getting. My mom was in pain in the middle of the night, and her prescription was written that she could have it as needed. She called for them to bring her something in the middle of the night but they told her that they bring it twice a day and she can't have it now, so she lay there, hurt at night. The sales department oversold it. We told them both our parents were on walkers, and they have 2 floors, but we wanted the first floor. They put them up on the second floor, and we said they're going to have difficulty getting to their meals, but they told us the elevator will let them off right at the dining room -- which it did -- but the walk to get to the elevator from their room was so extensive that my parents were missing their meals because they couldn’t get down to the dining room, and meals were not brought to you. They do their laundry every Tuesday, and they’ve given my mom back other people's clothing. As a positive, both my parents have said that anybody who works there have been extremely kind to them. Also, as far as price point, it's about $2500 per month per person which is not an expensive per person price for assisted living.

October 11, 2016

By N. Farrell

Brookdale (Brookdale Southpointe Drive) in Greenville is a really big facility. It’s a great big facility that I did not care for because it was more like a hotel than home. It’s beautiful, and they have nice grounds, but it’s not homey enough, and it is way too big. It really is beautiful, but it doesn’t seem the fit for my mother. It is way too big, and everybody seemed to be in a rush.

September 15, 2016

By Nikki176780

My mother’s already been placed in assisted living at Brookdale Southpointe Drive. It is a clean, happy, and bright facility with large rooms, very friendly staff, and excellent food.

August 20, 2015

By Disappointed 2

Understaffed in the Memory Care unit, No Activity Director, Very Few Activities, Food is mediocre, Upper Management doesn't care to correct issues.

May 05, 2015

Bellaire Place is very clean, and they have a lot of activities for the residents. My sister has been living there for about a month now. They have good sized rooms that come in different prices. The food was very good, and the staff is very friendly. They do bingo, take them to local stores for shopping, and take them to doctors' appointments. They need to improve on meeting price expectations.

March 31, 2015

My dad is at Emeritus at Bellaire Place and it's a bigger facility with outdoor area that you that the residents can walk around. Dad also likes the food. The staff is very friendly too.

September 23, 2014

I liked the nurses at the Bellaire Place (Emeritus at Bellaire Place). The director was able to visit with me though it was a late visit. The nurse -- I think her name was Jackie -- was extremely nice and she made us feel really comfortable during the tour. The only thing that I didn't like wasthe age bracket. My mom was 53, but it seemed like most of them were 60 and older. They had rooms that were connected with someone else's room. They had a game room and an activity room. I knew they had games. However, when I was there, they hadn't opened the Alzheimer's wing, so there were people walking around that kind of had memory issues and dementia. So, I thought the atmosphere seemed a little hectic. I would recommend them and I thought they would be good for someone who were older.

April 11, 2014

By Nancy82829350

We toured Emeritus, and the rooms were real nice and clean. You can actually have a suite with a little sitting area. I liked the location. It had many dining areas, it had two or three floors, and they had big rooms. The lady who gave the tour was really nice. They told us they had different activities, and they had them posted on the bulletin, but we didn’t see it.

March 29, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus for my mother. We liked everything we saw. It was extremely clean. The whole facility was extremely nice as well as the rooms, dining room, and the people. I didn't meet any of the staff at that time, but when we were introduced, they seemed very nice and capable. There's nothing that I could pick out from this place.

January 22, 2014

By City

I agree with doublescotch. Also, they paint a good picture to get that money coming in, then after they are in......they won't even read a doctor's orders or address a family that has very serious issues with their service. We are looking at new locations this week. All I can say is I wish we would have shopped around more. It is sad that people take advantage of the elderly and their family. And all these people speaking of their restaurant atmosphere.....try eating there. Even the juice is watered down, but I guess they think the residents don't notice.

December 10, 2013

By Doublescotch52

I would not recommend this facility unless your parent is free from any disability, totally self-dependent and requires no assistance. They claim they can take care of elderly with disabilities with dementia but their solution is to keep them in their room. They also don't do a good job in assisting with hygiene, making sure they are eating properly, etc. if the resident needs it. We are still trying to get them to refund money after we parted ways and we gave them advance notice of termination of service. They, nor their corporate office return calls or written correspondence-months later. We are having to file complaints with BBB, Council on Aging and seek legal advice.

June 19, 2013

By Trina3

My dad had friends staying at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. We had a pleasant visit there. I liked it that they had both independent and assisted living facilities. The place was clean and if I will make a decision to where he will go, I will say it's Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

May 28, 2013

By Carol 2

My mom is going for a respite care at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. When I visited the place, the staff and the residents were very nice. Dining rooms look like a restaurant. Their security was good. The environment was very clean and very nice. I can see no problems placing my mom in their facility.

October 29, 2012

By monkeyface1

The first thing I noticed when I entered the facility was how clean it was and how friendly the staff is. The tour we were given was very thorough, and it generally felt like the lady who was giving us the tour genuinely cared about my parents, which, given some of the other experiences we'd had, really put my mind at ease. The dining room area was set up like a real restaurant and didn't feel like a cafeteria at all. The staff was exceedingly friendly, patient and helpful. The amenities and facilities itself weren't the best we'd seen (though they were very nice), but it seemed like a very good place to live especially considering the price. The only bad part about this facility was that it was full and that, to move them in, we'd have to sign up on a waiting list. I would feel very comfortable with my parents living here.

June 26, 2012

By Tina Smith

When we needed to find an assisted living facility for one of my mom's friends we were lucky enough to discover Emeritus at Bellaire Place in Greenville, SC. This is within driving distance of our home in Charlotte, NC and Emeritus allows some pets to share the living quarters with their owners. This was a major concern because the woman has a 14 year old Yorkie named Bobo that she could not bear to part with. We have visited weekly during the past 3 months and were quietly surprised to find that this is a senior community that really does stand behind its promises of service, care and quality. The food always looks delicious and from personal experience I can tell you that it tastes as good as it looks. The staff members must surely be busy throughout the day but they take the time to give us updates and answer questions as much as possible. Sometimes we have to wait until they have a moment to spare but they have never made us feel as though we were unwelcome or intrusive. Our mom's friend is delighted with the care and assistance that is available around the clock, and Bobo seems to have settled in and made new friends as well. I guess their happiness and well-being says it all.

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Visited this facility

May 16, 2011

By liamcamille

Friend or relative of resident

My husband's grandparents were both residents at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. His grandmother had mild Alzheimer's when she moved in, his grandfather had Parkinsons. The two of them were able to mostly live on their own, but as their diseases progressed, they needed more help. Emeritus at Bellaire Place was great. The facilities were always perfectly clean, the staff was always friendly. They frequently had events for the grandchildren of the residents, and so my husband's grandparents had a chance to show their great-grandchildren off to their friends. It was a tough decision, putting them in an assisted living facility, but we felt great about Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

Memory Care Reviews for The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Questions about The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Learning Management System training classes and Continuing Education

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age 85. We love to play games, enjoy going shopping, going out to lunch on Fridays.

What programs or activities does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Library visits, Bingo, Trivia, Brain games, outings, continuing education, exercises classes, church services, entertainment.

What places are near The Legacy at Southpointe Drive or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Lidi grocery store, Haywood mall, Wal-mart, Five Forks Library.

What transportation services does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to doctors appts, weekly lunch outings, opportunities for shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a 5 star dining, chef prepared, fresh ingredients.

What safety features or security measures does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to assisted living residents?

A pendent system for residents to alert us when they are in need.

How does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Letters, phone calls, open door policy.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 8

If The Legacy at Southpointe Drive accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly and we have huge backyard for our furry friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly inservices, yearly CPR training and continuing education

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Always will have 2 staff members at all times

What safety features or security measures does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive provide to protect residents who wander?

Care plan and Dementia/Alz, Clare Bridge (which is our Memory Care) for those who wander

What programs or activities does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer the Clare Bridge Daily Path. Offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. Daily path activities include morning mental workout, daily physical activity, daily life skills, person-centered programming. The staff engage and meet every resident where they are. We offer the Clare Bridge Daily Path. Offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. Daily path activities include morning mental workout, daily physical activity, daily life skills, person-centered programming. The staff engage and meet every resident where they are.

Health Wellness Director / Quarterly; or any change of condition

What techniques does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Dementia-friendly Menus, Individualized Dining Assistance, Supportive Dining Environment

How does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Individualized care plans quarterly or any change of condition

Describe the neighborhood around The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business district

Is The Legacy at Southpointe Drive affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Costs for The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Photos of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Services and Amenities of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3000

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: CRC-2108

About The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

At The Legacy at South Pointe Drive, we’re redefining senior living.

Our Assisted Living and Memory Care services offer seniors in Greenville, South Carolina, the highest quality of care in a top-notch residential environment. At The Legacy at Southpointe Drive, our innovative approach to senior living combines personal freedom with the care and support older adults sometimes require.

Our caring and professional team provides convenient services designed to free up your time. Say goodbye to yard work and laundry, and explore new interests at your leisure. Our team is on hand around the clock, ready to tackle any maintenance issues that may arise. We help residents connect with the people, places, and activities that bring purpose and meaning to their lives.

Experience more than you ever thought possible—every day—at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive.

Moving from a private home to a senior care community can be a life-altering event. Older adults often see the transition as a threat to their independence. But with the burdens of home maintenance and other time-consuming chores removed, our residents have more freedom to choose how they spend their time. And those needing a little help with activities of daily life enjoy the peace of mind that comes from being in a supportive care environment.

Independence through assistance.

Assisted living is the ideal choice for individuals who currently—or will eventually—need help with the basic tasks of daily life, such as cooking, bathing, or getting dressed. Professionally trained staff is available around the clock to help make everyday life as easy and stress-free as possible. The Legacy at Southpointe Drive accommodates residents with varying levels of ability, needs, and personal preferences.

At The Legacy at Southpointe Drive, we offer assisted living and memory care in a family-owned, high-quality residential environment. Residents receive unparalleled support from our specially trained—and carefully chosen—professional caregivers.

Map of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive