The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Reviews of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

Assisted Living Reviews for The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

April 11, 2014

By Nancy82829350

We toured Emeritus, and the rooms were real nice and clean. You can actually have a suite with a little sitting area. I liked the location. It had many dining areas, it had two or three floors, and they had big rooms. The lady who gave the tour was really nice. They told us they had different activities, and they had them posted on the bulletin, but we didn’t see it.

March 29, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus for my mother. We liked everything we saw. It was extremely clean. The whole facility was extremely nice as well as the rooms, dining room, and the people. I didn't meet any of the staff at that time, but when we were introduced, they seemed very nice and capable. There's nothing that I could pick out from this place.

January 22, 2014

By City

I agree with doublescotch. Also, they paint a good picture to get that money coming in, then after they are in......they won't even read a doctor's orders or address a family that has very serious issues with their service. We are looking at new locations this week. All I can say is I wish we would have shopped around more. It is sad that people take advantage of the elderly and their family. And all these people speaking of their restaurant atmosphere.....try eating there. Even the juice is watered down, but I guess they think the residents don't notice.

December 10, 2013

By Doublescotch52

I would not recommend this facility unless your parent is free from any disability, totally self-dependent and requires no assistance. They claim they can take care of elderly with disabilities with dementia but their solution is to keep them in their room. They also don't do a good job in assisting with hygiene, making sure they are eating properly, etc. if the resident needs it. We are still trying to get them to refund money after we parted ways and we gave them advance notice of termination of service. They, nor their corporate office return calls or written correspondence-months later. We are having to file complaints with BBB, Council on Aging and seek legal advice.

June 19, 2013

By Trina3

My dad had friends staying at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. We had a pleasant visit there. I liked it that they had both independent and assisted living facilities. The place was clean and if I will make a decision to where he will go, I will say it's Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

May 28, 2013

By Carol 2

My mom is going for a respite care at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. When I visited the place, the staff and the residents were very nice. Dining rooms look like a restaurant. Their security was good. The environment was very clean and very nice. I can see no problems placing my mom in their facility.

October 29, 2012

By monkeyface1

The first thing I noticed when I entered the facility was how clean it was and how friendly the staff is. The tour we were given was very thorough, and it generally felt like the lady who was giving us the tour genuinely cared about my parents, which, given some of the other experiences we'd had, really put my mind at ease. The dining room area was set up like a real restaurant and didn't feel like a cafeteria at all. The staff was exceedingly friendly, patient and helpful. The amenities and facilities itself weren't the best we'd seen (though they were very nice), but it seemed like a very good place to live especially considering the price. The only bad part about this facility was that it was full and that, to move them in, we'd have to sign up on a waiting list. I would feel very comfortable with my parents living here.

June 26, 2012

By Tina Smith

When we needed to find an assisted living facility for one of my mom's friends we were lucky enough to discover Emeritus at Bellaire Place in Greenville, SC. This is within driving distance of our home in Charlotte, NC and Emeritus allows some pets to share the living quarters with their owners. This was a major concern because the woman has a 14 year old Yorkie named Bobo that she could not bear to part with. We have visited weekly during the past 3 months and were quietly surprised to find that this is a senior community that really does stand behind its promises of service, care and quality. The food always looks delicious and from personal experience I can tell you that it tastes as good as it looks. The staff members must surely be busy throughout the day but they take the time to give us updates and answer questions as much as possible. Sometimes we have to wait until they have a moment to spare but they have never made us feel as though we were unwelcome or intrusive. Our mom's friend is delighted with the care and assistance that is available around the clock, and Bobo seems to have settled in and made new friends as well. I guess their happiness and well-being says it all.

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Visited this facility

May 16, 2011

By liamcamille

Friend or relative of resident

My husband's grandparents were both residents at Emeritus at Bellaire Place. His grandmother had mild Alzheimer's when she moved in, his grandfather had Parkinsons. The two of them were able to mostly live on their own, but as their diseases progressed, they needed more help. Emeritus at Bellaire Place was great. The facilities were always perfectly clean, the staff was always friendly. They frequently had events for the grandchildren of the residents, and so my husband's grandparents had a chance to show their great-grandchildren off to their friends. It was a tough decision, putting them in an assisted living facility, but we felt great about Emeritus at Bellaire Place.

Questions about The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Learning Management System training classes and Continuing Education

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age 85. We love to play games, enjoy going shopping, going out to lunch on Fridays.

What programs or activities does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Library visits, Bingo, Trivia, Brain games, outings, continuing education, exercises classes, church services, entertainment.

What places are near The Legacy at Southpointe Drive or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Lidi grocery store, Haywood mall, Wal-mart, Five Forks Library.

What transportation services does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to doctors appts, weekly lunch outings, opportunities for shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a 5 star dining, chef prepared, fresh ingredients.

What safety features or security measures does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to assisted living residents?

A pendent system for residents to alert us when they are in need.

How does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Letters, phone calls, open door policy.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Legacy at Southpointe Drive during daytime and nighttime hours?

1 to 8

If The Legacy at Southpointe Drive accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly and we have huge backyard for our furry friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly inservices, yearly CPR training and continuing education

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Always will have 2 staff members at all times

What safety features or security measures does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive provide to protect residents who wander?

Care plan and Dementia/Alz, Clare Bridge (which is our Memory Care) for those who wander

What programs or activities does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer the Clare Bridge Daily Path. Offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. Daily path activities include morning mental workout, daily physical activity, daily life skills, person-centered programming. The staff engage and meet every resident where they are. We offer the Clare Bridge Daily Path. Offers a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) choreographed with a minimum of six programs per day. Daily path activities include morning mental workout, daily physical activity, daily life skills, person-centered programming. The staff engage and meet every resident where they are.

Health Wellness Director / Quarterly; or any change of condition

What techniques does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Dementia-friendly Menus, Individualized Dining Assistance, Supportive Dining Environment

How does The Legacy at Southpointe Drive keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Individualized care plans quarterly or any change of condition

Describe the neighborhood around The Legacy at Southpointe Drive. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Business district

Is The Legacy at Southpointe Drive affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Costs for The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• About The Legacy at Southpointe Drive

The Legacy at Southpointe Drive is a senior living provider in Greenville, South Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact The Legacy at Southpointe Drive for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Legacy at Southpointe Drive