13 Assisted Living Facilities near Greer, SC
Also serving communities of Lyman.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greer area, with 4 in Greer and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greer is $3,232 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 141 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greer. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greer 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greenville with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greer, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greer, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greer
Greer is part of the Greenville–Anderson–Mauldin Metropolitan Statistical Area in Upstate South Carolina. Its 12-acre city park is located in the historic downtown area and provides many recreational opportunities for seniors. Greer also has a total of 13 assisted living facilities, with four in Greer itself and nine in nearby cities like Greenville. The Department of Health and Environmental Control regulates assisted living facilities in South Carolina, where they’re officially known as community residential care facilities. In addition to a residence, these facilities provide personal care services, such as assistance with eating and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greer
- The climate in Greer is particularly comfortable for seniors, given its large number of sunny days during the year. Its annual snowfall is only four inches, and the average low temperature in January is about 31 degrees. The average high temperature for July is 89 degrees.
- Greer’s overall cost of living is about two percent less than the national average, so seniors on a budget shouldn’t have any general concerns about expenses. The highest essential expense is healthcare at four percent over the national average. All other expenses in Greer are within three percent of the national average, except for housing.
- The crime rate in Greer compares favorably with other cities in South Carolina. The overall crime rate in this city is 28.62 crimes per thousand people per year, whereas the average for South Carolina is 37.46. Seniors should feel safe in Greer, provided they take normal precautions.
- Greenlink Transit provides offers 11 fixed routes to destinations in Greenville County, including Greer. The regular buses are wheelchair accessible, and the Greenlink system also includes paratransit service. Seniors 65 and older pay half the standard fare on Greenlink buses.
Greenville CountyRec manages the parks in Greenville County and hosts a number of activities specifically for seniors 50 and up, including pickleball. It also partners with local organizations to provide other services to seniors, including health education, exercises and games. Special events for seniors include the Senior Games and Turkey Trot.
- The Greer area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Greer Memorial Hospital and Bennett Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greer
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Greer start around $3,232 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greer and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greer
Anyone looking for financial assistance with assisted living in South Carolina will want to consider the Community Choices Waiver. This Medicaid program provides assistance with daily living for seniors who would otherwise require a nursing home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greer
Greer and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greer, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greer
Greer-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Greer, SC
Other Options in Greer, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greer
Review of Manning Place
My mom is living at Manning Place in Greer. They have excellent service. I haven't been able to go in there since she went in because of the Covid restrictions. I was able to see the place when I m... Read more
Review of Oakleaf Village at Greenville
My father-in-law has been in Oakleaf of Greenville for a year now. It's been OK. The main concern is the food is not sufficient, plus they had a lot of lockdowns. His room is adequate, but the show... Read more
Review of Manning Place
We found Manning Place for my sister. I think she's happy there. They're under strict COVID rules, they don't let people just come in and walk around their street, and they don't let people come an... Read more