7 Assisted Living Facilities near Fountain Inn, SC
Also serving communities of Woodruff.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fountain Inn area, with 1 in Fountain Inn and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fountain Inn is $2,295 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 59 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fountain Inn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fountain Inn 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boiling Springs with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fountain Inn, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Fountain Inn, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fountain Inn
Fountain Inn is a small city nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in upstate South Carolina. From hikes in Cedar Falls Park to tours of the local attractions such as the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum, there are plenty of activities to keep seniors busy and engaged. Seniors who want to live in the area and require assistance with daily living tasks can choose between one assisted living facility in the city itself and 15 others in cities nearby.
Also referred to as Community Residential Care Facilities (CRCF), assisted living facilities in Fountain Inn and within the state are regulated by the Board of Health and Environmental Control. Each facility provides room and board and a degree of personal care assistance for two or more individuals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fountain Inn
- Fountain Inn has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Simpsonville.
- An array of community resources for seniors are available in Fountain Inn, including Senior Action, an organization that helps seniors live life to the fullest while surrounded by family and friends as well as one senior center.
- The Fountain Inn Activity Center provides seniors with transportation to and from doctor’s appointments and for various other scheduled activities in the area. The service is available for individuals who live within an eight-mile radius of the center and do not drive.
- Seniors who live in Fountain Inn have a one in 49 chance of becoming a victim of crime. This is higher than 32 percent of other cities and towns in the state that are the same size.
- The cost of living in Fountain Inn is ranked 94.2, which is lower than the national average of 100. At about the same cost of living as other comparable cities in the state, this makes it easier for seniors on a budget to manage their money.
- Fountain Inn has four distinct seasons, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy both the sunshine and the cold. Summer highs are around 90 degrees Fahrenheit, while January lows are around 31 degrees. Fountain Inn gets about three inches of snow per year and 48 inches of rain.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fountain Inn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Fountain Inn start around $2,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fountain Inn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fountain Inn
South Carolina's Medicaid State Plan helps seniors who live in Fountain Inn to pay for an assisted living facility. Eligible individuals must meet all Medicaid program criteria and must be receiving the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to the federal Supplement Security Income program. Family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fountain Inn
Fountain Inn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fountain Inn, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fountain Inn
Fountain Inn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fountain Inn
Review of Quillen Manor
Quillen Manor has superseded our expectations. I could not ask for more and they could not give more as they give their absolute all to love my mother like their own. I do not live in town so I’m o... Read more
Review of Quillen Manor
Pretty and quaint community. Very warm, homey and cozy. They do a fantastic job taking care of my dad. Great nursing staff, very helpful. Food is good. Very busy and fun activities through out the ... Read more
Review of Quillen Manor
My father is in Quillen Manor. Their price range was what I wanted, but the communication about medication is a little bit of a problem. The food looks fairly good. He's always playing bingo there,... Read more