North Pointe

Reviews of North Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for North Pointe

August 19, 2021

By Travis

My mom is at North Pointe assisted living in Anderson. I'm just not satisfied with it. We're still looking for another place. She's receiving memory care there, and as far as the nurses being good to her, I'm OK with that. I'm not really happy with the administration though. You can never get anybody on the phone, and their visiting hours are from 10:00 to 5:00 through the weekend. That's work hours, so I don't get to go other than on the weekend, and there's no Sunday visit whatsoever. My time is to go out there on Saturday morning. I think if they know you're coming, they're a little bit better on their toes. She was sick one day last week and they wanted her to wait three or four days before their doctor came in, so I took her to the doctor. She had a double ear infection. Nobody's going to take care of her as I would, but I do want the very best care that I can get. She says the food's not that great. She lost a good bit of weight since she moved in there. They do have activities, but not a whole lot. I also have not seen anything that I was really impressed with. We're paying $1,800 a month and there are three beds in that room, so it's just like a little corner.

Travis, we truly appreciate your honest feedback. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us to discuss this further.

August 15, 2021

By Reviewer#GD0714b

We toured North Pointe for my daughter, and the place itself was fine. The spacing was nice in terms of all the Covid regulations. The spacing appeared that they were following the guidelines. The place was clean, but it had to be a rush to visit. It was almost a not interested kind of visit (not on our part) on their part. Maybe it was a bad timing. We agreed on the time, but it was just rushed. The facility itself was nice. They talked about activities, but we did not see any. They were just sitting at the table, but maybe that had something to do with Covid though.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our touring process to ensure this issue does not happen again. If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by.

August 06, 2021

By Hague

The residents all seems happy and were enjoying an activity when I visited. Staff were very helpful and answered all my questions about my sister.

July 23, 2021

By trotterlisa

When I come to visit the staff is amazing and I’ve never been treated less than family . I would totally recommend this exceptional caregiving establishment ♥️

May 11, 2021

By Marinea

My grandmother moved into North Pointe. We chose them because they were very transparent. When we were asking them questions, they really went above and beyond to try to help us, and it had just about everything that we needed for her. It had the assisted living side and then the option to change the level of care over into the memory side. It had a lot of activities and things, and it wasn't too far away from us. It was just what worked out best for our family. They were really accommodating and helpful. They had made her this special room tag, and they did this little welcome thing for her. They let my mom and me come in and set up her room for her, and while we were working on moving all of her furniture and stuff in, they had an activity planned to integrate her into the community and meet people. They were very comforting and accommodating, and they made sure that it was a positive transition for her. The food is good. She actually has a restricted diet where she has a dairy intolerance. Even before she was a full-time resident, they had bought special things to make for her, so that she will be able to have the kind of food that she likes, along with everyone else. If they have pasta, she can have pasta and things like that. Some things were a little bit confusing during the process though. They provide transportation to the appointments, but they still expect the family members to drive out there for every appointment and everything, and I don't feel like it was really well communicated at the time. They have a nurse there who will go for some appointments. If you choose not to use their on-site physicians or their specialists, they'll just take them and drop them off at the appointment. They don't have a special team to go and have someone sit with the patient, so their family still has to go to these appointments. I feel like for the amount of money that you're paying, that's not good. When she was living with me, I was already taking her to all of these appointments, and it's actually more inconvenient because she's twenty-seven minutes in the opposite direction. The facility is nice and very spacious, and they have this special courtyard, really spacious rooms, and a big activity-and-game room. They constantly have someone coming up and down taking care of everything for her. They're really big about their COVID precautions. They have special temperature-checking and sign-in/sign-out sheets. They make sure that they're on top of everything.

November 16, 2019

By PE

I like North Pointe. It's a very good facility, but it's pricier than what I wanted. The staff was excellent. They had very nice rooms, and they had a lot of very good activities inside the place. It's very clean. The rooms were big and they were going to provide me with a chifforobe to put my father's clothes in. They're very nice people, and they went out of their way.

November 14, 2019

By BurtonMary639

I recently moved my mother there and found it to be very warm and cozy. I feel like everytime I go visit my mother that I am visiting family. I have nothing but great words to say about how I feel when I leave knowing that my mother is feed, kept clean and has her best interest in mind at all times! We understand there is alot of new staff and they were updating. Great place for seniors! Mary

March 28, 2018

By Max

My wife moved into North Pointe, and I think it's very good. It doesn't look as fancy as the other ones, and it is the only one I could afford. The staff is very good. The room has two people inside, with beds and personal belongings. That's all we need. They do drawings and put puzzles together. The food and dining area are excellent.

July 09, 2017

By CaringReviewer140652

My Mother was placed there and her stay was very short due to.... In the beginning, we noticed a horrible odor that came from the her bathroom, almost unbarable. It was possibly coming from sewer gases. We complained and smell would come and go. Many of these places really brag on their menus and food choices, did not see it there. Some days were good others "questionable" and by the time the residents sat down to eat, they seemed to be hurried out I was not impressed at all with the "activities" there, as it seemed that the more mobile residents were involved but the less mobile ones were not. The activities director there was not my favorite either as far as interacting with some of the residents and visiting family members. But the most shocking incident that happened there was that my Mother was given something that was suppose to be given to another resident, thank God it did not effect her. My Mother has since been removed from this so called "assisted living" facility.

June 01, 2017

By j-aiken

My Mom was placed at North Pointe and very soon into her stay, she was given something that should not have happened. Of course I was very upset being that she was just placed there and families do rely on the facility providing safety and the very best care for residents. Right after the incident, I voiced my concerns to the lady who handles the new residents who come to live there with room assignments, payments etc. after our conversation, she started calling me a BUTT HOLE every time she would see me there . To her I guess it was funny, but I wasn't amused not to mention she would say it in the front of residents there. I found it to be very unprofessional as she knew that the incident with my Mom could have had a bad outcome. Days after this, you could tell they wanted my Mom out of there and fast. She has been moved from there and we have no regrets. I will say the residents there were very sweet and we enjoyed being around them during visits.

May 31, 2017

By paul337345

I visited North Pointe. The lady that headed that was very thorough. They had a little library and a salon.

May 22, 2017

By denise-t

I would not advise......My aunt was here in the memory care, and was a disaster for our family. Constant falls, no calls. Staff, below average some just looking for an easy job. Food, very poor for what family was paying. Happy feeling at first placement and down hill from there.

April 15, 2017

By somewhere warm

Poorly trained and inconsiderate staff. The food quality declines towards the end of the week. Expect things like "sloppy joes", soup, or a piece of meat on a slice of white bread. Investigate before placing your loved one here.

December 16, 2016

By Trey166011

North Pointe was a nice place with a nice layout, and offered a lot of the same amenities as the other places. The rooms were comparable, and I liked everything that I saw. The location was not that convenient, and the price seemed equal or just a little higher than other places, with maybe a $200 difference. I checked on the residents. They have various programs. That was one of our criteria: to find a place with a lot of activities. I was very pleased with the activities they have in-house and outside activities, like taking the residents to the movies and to the mall or taking them to different activities outside of the assisted living place.

November 07, 2016

By Varena

My sister has been over at North Pointe for several months, and I liked it. She is actually eligible for VA, but she is still mobile, so she has to be in a secured unit. The apartment is really nice. Right now, she is in a room by herself, but it is supposed to be semi-private. It has a bathroom and a TV. It’s nice and clean. They have been really good, and we make it really easier on her. We are happy with it. She does do a lot of activities. I have eaten with her several times; the food has been good, and the dining area is nice.

November 02, 2016

By Donna218378

My mom is at North Pointe, and it's lovely. It's very pretty, and everything is spotlessly clean. They have a grand piano, and a lot of entertainers come out and sing or perform. We've had a family barbeque and entertainment, which was lovely. My mom is treated very well, she loves the people out there, she feels that they love her, and she gets hugs constantly. The grounds are really pretty. There are flowers and tables and chairs set around everywhere and there are walkways if they want to walk around outside. My mom had a couple of problems with a couple of people when she first moved in. I called, and they immediately addressed it and took care of it so she was happy as she could be again. It's just been a great experience, everybody there is just super nice and helpfu,l and her surroundings and environment are just great. I've eaten with her several times, and the food's been really good. It's not fancy food, just regular good old food, like chicken, corn, rice, peas, and gravy and stuff that she likes to eat. We're just very pleased.

September 30, 2016

By PK040151

My mom is at North Pointe, and it was clean. They have good activities. The staff seemed to be attentive.

July 27, 2016

By Justine455286

North Pointe seemed nice and new but not visually fancy. The people were really nice. We talked to several of the residents who seemed to be very happy. I was impressed with the tour. The lady that presented the tour was very informative, but she was too exuberant, and I was not able to ask questions. She was perfectly nice. They had fairly good activities.

June 18, 2016

By Daughter-in-law04837272

The staff at North Pointe was very friendly, and the rooms were spacious. I didn’t like the shower facility because you have to step up to get into the shower, and my father is in a wheelchair. It’s a little older but appears to be clean and well maintained.

April 25, 2016

By George99925650

My dad has been in North Pointe for two weeks now. It's not that bad, but very time I go in there, Dad's clothes are in the other guy's drawer and other people's sheets are on his bed. Sometimes they don't check and see where his clothes are. They helped me out when I first came in and didn't charge me right away for the doctor's fee. Basically, they're pretty good. The place has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, it's clean, and the people are very nice and friendly. They put names on their stuff, like his clothes, but sometimes I would come in and he's wearing somebody's pants. I would look at the name tag, and his name is not in there. Considering everything, I don't have any complaints.

July 13, 2015

I got my mom in North Pointe. They are very nice, they take good care of her, they have activities, and she seems to be well-adjusted. She has a bedroom with her own personal bed and dresser, her pictures, TV, and walkers, they have a room too where she can sit and visit, and there is another lady that has the bedroom next to her. This is a little suite with two bedrooms. The facility has all kinds of sitting rooms, TVs, and all kinds of activities. They have Bingo, and yesterday they had some children coming inside and being there with them. And then, they played dominoes, and some form of basketball where they can sit and play. They take very good care of mom, and we can go in anytime. They always call me -- because I'm her POA -- before anybody takes her away from the facility for anything, and if anything happens or they need me for anything, they would call. The day mom moved in, my baby sister and I had lunch with her, and the food was very good.

February 04, 2015

By Lusk14

We put my grandmother here and in four days time her health declined rapidly. She came in walking on her own, using the bathroom, and feeding herself. When we went to check up on her, her glasses were falling off her face and she was severely dehydrated. The nurse over the memory care unit lied to us about what was going on with my grandmother. She had also fell in that time frame and had broken her hand and her hip and they let her sit there without having it checked out for who knows how long. When we were moving her out of the residence we heard a women in her room yelling for help, but no caregivers went to check in on her. This place was horrible and understaffed in the memory care unit, only having two people for twenty or more memory care patiences.

October 28, 2014

By Tom100992150

We visited North Pointe Assisted Living. It seemed to be well managed. It seemed to be patient-oriented. The facility seemed to be updated. It seemed to be that they were in the process of completing some updates while we were there. They have a secured ward and a non-secured ward. What they could improve on, in my opinion, was the master front door. The entrance/exit should be affixed with the buzzer system. The main entrance was not secure. During business hours, from 8 to 5, there was a gentleman that manned the desk there, but anytime after 5, a resident who is in a non-secure portion can enter and exit at their will. The only weakness I found in the whole facility was the main entrance was not secure.

Memory Care Reviews for North Pointe

Questions about North Pointe

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff is required to take online classes monthly and receive on-site in-service regarding dementia care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at North Pointe. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 65 where we have residents from all walks of life both male and female including those with disabilities. They all enjoy our home cooked meals and daily activities!

What programs or activities does North Pointe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer an enriching program at our community with ongoing activities that keep our residents fulfilled occupied. We offer on and offsite activities from arts, crafts, puzzles, music, devotion, games, yummy food decorating and eating. Always lots planned for all holidays.

What places are near North Pointe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Nothing in walking distance. We are located just off the main road to the hospitals, shopping and grocery stores.

What transportation services does North Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

We offer a North Pointe Van where we have certified driver.

What makes the chef or dining program at North Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents have healthy and hearty food selections for every meal. Breads, desserts and other treats are baked onsite.

What safety features or security measures does North Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

We are fully staffed with not only care staff attending to the residents, but all managers are involved with the safety and security of all residents at all times. Our have a safety lock feature once the sun goes down they can't get out.

How does North Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We contact via phone, email and mail

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at North Pointe during daytime and nighttime hours?

3 care staff to every 15 residents

If North Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept small pets. They are allowed in our center courtyard area as long as they are on a leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly required Relias training that covers everything in detail from every level required by our state regulations.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

There is ratio of 1:7 on first and second shifts and 1:20 on third shift.

What safety features or security measures does North Pointe provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care wing has security locks and alarms as well as a secure outside courtyard.

What programs or activities does North Pointe offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our activities director does several activities daily with our memory care wing that engages our dementia residents in a way that they understand and benefit from.

Our Wellness director assesses every six months or unless there is a change in condition.

What techniques does North Pointe use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer a family style open dining room where our care givers sit with the residents to encourage eating in a tranquil environment.

How does North Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Wellness Director will contact families directly.

Describe the neighborhood around North Pointe. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are off the beaten path where we can offer security and serenity. Not much traffic, lots of lush trees, flowers and grass.

Is North Pointe affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated, but just around the corner from Anmed Hospital and Health Campus Out Patient Surgery Center.

Photos of North Pointe

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: None

• State Licenses: CRC-1454

About North Pointe

Feel the electricity at North Pointe, where exciting amenities, world-class services and myriad recreational and social opportunities keep our residents energized and buzzing. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Anderson, South Carolina, feels like one big family that shares meals together in our tastefully decorated dining room and worships together every Sunday regardless of faith. Residents have the freedom, though, to live life in private and semi-private one-bedroom apartments with spacious bathrooms and plenty of safety features such as emergency response systems and assist rails. Caring and professional staff members will provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with the activities of daily living, including courtesy transportation for shopping and dining outings, housekeeping and personal laundry services and medication administration. With Greenville less than 35 minutes away, our residents are afforded big-city services with the feeling of small-town living.

Map of North Pointe