5 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, SC
Also serving communities of Laurens.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clinton area, with 4 in Clinton and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clinton is $1,425 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clinton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clinton 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Clinton, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton
Located in upstate South Carolina approximately 45 minutes south of Greenville, Clinton is a small city rich with history and wineries for tasting. There are also plenty of parks, like the Musgrove Mill State Historic Site Park for seniors who enjoy hiking and being outdoors. Seniors who need help with daily living tasks who want to retire in the area will find 14 assisted living facilities close by. Regulated by the South Carolina Board of Health and Environmental Control, these facilities provide room and board and a degree of personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton
- The Clinton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Laurens County Memorial Hospital, in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- Clinton has an array of community resources for seniors, including VisionLink, an organization that promotes the well-being of aging persons living in the area, as well as one senior center.
- The Piedmont Area Agency on Aging provides transportation for individuals over the age of 60 to and from doctor’s appointments, grocery stores, the bank and for other errands at discount fares. A four-day notice must be given.
- The cost of living in Clinton is 80.8, which is much lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 94. Seniors living in the city may find that their budget goes further here.
- Crime in Clinton is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is 61.4, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is 71.6, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. The overall crime rate should be a concern for seniors living in the area.
- Seniors trying to escape the cold and the snow from northern cities experience short winters in Clinton with a low of 31 and only a small chance of snow throughout the year. Summers are hot and humid with highs around 91.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Clinton start around $1,425 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton
Financial help is available for seniors who qualify for the Medicaid State Plan. Those who are eligible must meet all Medicaid program criteria and must currently receive the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to the Federal Supplemental Security Income program (SSI). Family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton
Clinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton
Clinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clinton
Review of Langston Place
Yesterday, we signed up with Langston Place. My dad will be moving in soon. The place was very clean and nice. The director and all the employees I met were courteous and respectful. They have answ... Read more
Review of Langston Place
My grandmother has moved into Langston Place. We did it straight from the hospital to there because I didn't have the expertise to take care of her. There's also talk about a foley catheter, so the... Read more
Review of Langston Place
This is a wonderful community! Because of the smaller size it really has allowed all the staff/care providers to gain a personal relationship with all of the residents, and you can see it right awa... Read more