Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

201 Overland Drive, Greenwood, SC 29646
Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 27 days

We are offering $400 off Room and Board through March 31st and 1/2 off our Community Fee.

Reviews of Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

May 08, 2017

By Cindy248401

Emerald Gardens of Greenwood is beautiful. They have a lot of activities. They have bingo, and they have a band come playing. They have a nice cafeteria. They have the right kind of food that my mother is supposed to eat. The rooms are nice, clean, and kept up. The staff is nice and friendly. There are a lot of things they do for her. The community is well kept up. My mother loves it there.

August 03, 2016

By jd7720

Other

My father was there in May on a 2 week stay. (my father used no devices to walk, ate on his own, showered on his own very independent) On the second week went to go visit him in the evening and he did not seem ok asked to speak to someone and a girl with a stethoscope came in and said he was fine. I had mentioned he sounded congested she listened to his chest hit him on his back and said he was all clear. After we let the next morning I could not rest so I went there grabbed my dad and took him to GHS he was in full kidney failure ,pneumonia and had lost 12lbs. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LOVED THERE oh and they also put in diapers which he has never worn in his life. We have been going thru a lot of struggles since this and he has been hospitalized for 9 weeks after that now we are going into rehab they are horrible I would not let them watch my dog

February 29, 2016

By Happy Visitor120933850

I went and looked at Emerald Gardens. This one I can’t say I was impressed with. It was alright, but I don’t think they have any apartment, and the rooms weren’t all that large. It is an older facility and they did make a point of saying that they’re in the process of updating it. However, for what I want, it is not what I would choose. They were pleasant as far as the tour that they gave us, but what I saw didn’t really suit my wants. The facility was clean. The location was good; it was also near a hospital.

May 13, 2015

By Susan106192250

She is at Emerald Gardens, and it is a very nice and caring facility. Along the time that my mother has been there -- which has been a short time -- they were in the process of remodeling, so they've done some updates throughout the activity area, the dining room area, and along the common areas also. The staff communicates with me, and I live in Georgia, so my mother's assisted living is in her hometown, and they have no problems communicating back and forth with me. And the director -- if I had any questions -- he'll either send me a text message or call me. They've been very cooperative. Their med-tech has worked with me hand-in-hand through my phone just to make sure that my mom is acclimating to the facility. My mom didn't move in until March, but we started setting up her room in February, so we spent the daytime there. I got to see things that were going on, and everything seemed to be fine. I've been to visit my mom several times since then at all different times of the day, and everything seems fine. My mom has family there that goes often, and they haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. For the activities, they have several different common areas that provide the fireplace area and two other places. At one area -- which is more of a nicer area -- they would have like churches come in or choirs that come in or just a group that organizes time with them that do singing there. They also have Bible studies there. There are different preachers that come, and I guess they alternate Sundays depending on who is assigned that day. They have outings on the bus, and they go to the local Walmart, Rite Aid, or Kmart, but they also have assigned activities or outings that they do, and as I understand it, it is going to get broader in the warmer months. They also play a variety of games; the biggest deal for seniors is Bingo, but in different areas and depending on where, there are like two activities, and they have tables set up so the residents can do crossword-puzzles or board puzzles. They have laze trails -- as they call them -- where the activity director will walk them down the hallways, and it is like an exercise. There are a lot of activities going on. It was a big deal for me because I am a Certified Nurse Assistant, and I wanted to know where my mom was staying and what was going on, so I did my homework. In all honesty, I would give it a five. We've been over-the-top excited. We visited several places, and we felt more at home and comfortable at Emerald Gardens.

Memory Care Reviews for Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Questions about Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Quarterly Educations programs are provided

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age of our residents is 75-80 years old. Our residents enjoy socializing with each other during daily meal times, onsite activities or off campus outings.

What programs or activities does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have daily exercise programs provided for all residents along with daily activities which include spiritual enrichment gatherings, crafts and games.

What places are near Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our campus in is the medical district of Greenwood. We are surrounded by our local hospital, various doctor offices, dialysis center and optimum life therapy center.

What transportation services does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

We provide our residents with transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping outings and community events that are locally held

What makes the chef or dining program at Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining experience is superb. We have an inhouse Dietary Manager who plans and coordinates with our chefs to provide our residents with the finest selection of quality and well presented meals that are well balanced and desirable.

What safety features or security measures does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

We provide all of our residents with personal emergency pendants that can be used as a necklace or a watch style. All of our rooms have emergency call centers that can be activated by the resident at anytime. We have safety rails in all of our bathrooms, included inside the showers and along the walls.

How does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We inform our resident families through various correspondence which include, calling, emailing or texting. We mail out monthly our Resident Monthly Newsletter which keeps families up to date with upcoming important activities, events or gatherings. All families are welcome to participate in all events that we offer.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care during daytime and nighttime hours?

Assisted Living ratio of staff to residents is 1 to 8 Memory Care ratio of staff to resident is 1 to 4

If Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes accept pets (dogs and cats). We have several outdoor areas that included cover and uncovered porches and garden areas to enjoy the outdoors.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Quarterly Continuing Education class are conducted for all of our staff.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

4-5 Daily 2-3 Overnight

What safety features or security measures does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care provide to protect residents who wander?

Assisted Living - Alarms are on all of our side exit doors Memory Care - we have locked and alarmed doors on interior and exterior doors

What programs or activities does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Daily Exercising and Walking Programs are offered. Games and crafts suitable for MC residents are provided daily to engage their minds and bodies.

Our physician/ nursing staff assess all residents on a daily or weekly base depending on health care changes.

What techniques does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Memory Care dining is held in a specific dining hall seperated from our Assisted Living residents . All mealtimes are monitored by staff for both AL and MC residents.

How does Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our medical staff which included a Physician, Nurse, CNA's and Resident Caregivers contact families as needed for Health related changes that are observed.

Describe the neighborhood around Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in the medical district of Greenwood. Our campus is 1 block from our local hospital, many doctor's offices, Dialysis Center and Therapy facilities.

Is Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes, we partner with our local hospital at Self Regional Healthcare Hospital to provide extended care if need for our residents.

Costs for Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: CRC-1378

About Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care

Brick, one level. Great front porch for rocking, Beauty shop/barber salon, library, elegant dining room where three nutritious meals are served daily; fun life enrichment activities; nurse on staff; great reputation, quality care. We provide assistance with medication management, bathing, dressing, toileting, ambulation, and dementia-need for memory care. Assisted Living and secured Memory Care are in separate neighborhoods.

Quality care; staff on duty 24-7; great reputation in area, great state survey scores. Regional VP's own grandmother lived here.

Map of Emerald Gardens of Greenwood Assisted Living & Memory Care