13 Assisted Living Facilities near Easley, SC
With an average cost of $3,190 in Easley, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 36 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Easley.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Easley, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Easley
Southern hospitality and the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains appeal to some residents in Easley, South Carolina. Just over 24 percent of the population in Easley, South Carolina is age 60 or over. Some of these individuals live in the five assisted living centers here, and there are 45 similar facilities in surrounding areas, including Greenville and Seneca. Assisted living facilities are formally known as community residential care facilities, which are governed by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Easley
- Mild winters and warm summers in Easley may appeal to some senior citizens. There are around 222 sunny days per year, which is more than the 205 average for the country. The average low in January is 31 degrees Fahrenheit and the city only gets about one inch of snow per year. Summer temperatures top out at around 89 degrees Fahrenheit in July. There is a chance of hurricanes during the June through November season.
- The air quality in Easley should be suitable for the average senior citizen. It is on par with the national average air quality of 58.
- Some seniors might find Easley to be financially pleasing. The city has a cost of living index of 93.3, which is slightly below the national index of 100. The downside to this is that the health index, which indicates the cost of health-related expenses, is slightly higher here with a score of 106.
- Senior citizens may not feel safer in Easley than in the average U.S. city. The violent crime rate in the city is 37.8, which is a bit higher than the national average of 31.1. The property crime rate here comes in at 66.2, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Fine Arts Center of Easley has a variety of activities that senior citizens can enjoy. Music lessons are one option. There is also a theatre company for children and adults alike.
- The Easley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baptist Easley, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Easley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Easley start around $3,190 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Easley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Easley
The Community Choices Waiver and South Carolina's supplemental SSI payments can help some senior citizens to pay for part of their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Easley
Easley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Easley, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Easley
Easley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Easley, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Easley
Review of The Willows of Easley
My mother, my aunt and my friend were all residents of The Willows. I have had several years of experience with this facility, about 5 years. All three have passed now. My sister and I chose thi... Read more
Review of The Willows of Easley
We chose The Willows of Easley for my mom because I like the people there. She has a standard room, the food is average, but the staff was superb, that was the defining factor. They have a whole bu... Read more
Review of Easley Place
The staff that too care of my mother was great, she had her favorites of course, but they all were good too her. She was there a year, I visited at least 3 times a week, lengthy stays. I “NEVER” sa... Read more