13 Assisted Living Facilities near Boiling Springs, SC
Also serving communities of Inman.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Boiling Springs area, with 2 in Boiling Springs and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Boiling Springs is $3,050 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 136 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Boiling Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Boiling Springs 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Forest City with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Boiling Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Boiling Springs, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Boiling Springs
Boiling Springs is a fast-growing, census-designated community about eight miles north of Spartanburg, South Carolina. It offers seniors a small-town Southern environment with natural beauty, including 110-acre Va-Du-Mar Park. A 0.6-mile paved loop trail is perfect for leisurely strolls at sunset and power walking at dawn.
About 16.7% of Boiling Springs' population of 8,200 is comprised of adults aged 65 and over. To support seniors who need help with shopping, transportation, cooking and medications, Boiling Springs offers two community residential care facilities (CRCFs). Nearby cities, including Spartanburg and Greer, provide another 10 facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Boiling Springs
- Seniors living in Boiling Springs may find that their dollars go further since the state of South Carolina does not tax Social Security retirement benefits. Additionally, seniors receiving other types of retirement income may qualify for a $15,000 deduction.
- Boiling Springs has an array of resources for seniors, including Fifty Upstate, an organization that offers engaging programs and support services for 50+ adults in Spartanburg County, such as transportation, meals, trips and social events.
- Active seniors who enjoy outdoor recreation should know that the American Lung Association grades Boiling Springs and all of Spartanburg County a “C” for ozone pollution and an “A” for particle pollution. This could pose a health hazard to those with respiratory or cardiac conditions.
- The Boiling Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Spartanburg Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Older adults who are sensitive to humidity may struggle with the muggy climate in Boiling Springs, which is characterized by about 48 inches of rain every year and an average summer high of 91 degrees in July.
- The high crime rates in Boiling Springs may give seniors and their families pause. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high violent crime, Boiling Springs’ 35.7 rating is much higher than the U.S. average of 22.7. The community’s property crime score of 66.4 is nearly double the national average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Boiling Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Boiling Springs start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Boiling Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Boiling Springs
Boiling Springs seniors who meet all of the qualifications of the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program except for the maximum income limit may be eligible for South Carolina’s Optional State Supplementation Program (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Boiling Springs
Boiling Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Boiling Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Boiling Springs
Boiling Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Boiling Springs, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Boiling Springs
Review of Lakewood Senior Living
My grandmother was in Lakewood Senior Living, and it's really nice. The people were great, it was very clean, and the staff were wonderful. It was really nice. Sometimes the medicine was a little l... Read more
Review of Wesley Court Assisted Living
My mother moved into Wesley Court Assisted Living. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Everyone there seems to be extremely nice. They were spot on with every aspect we had with the m... Read more
Review of Lakewood Senior Living
My mother-in-law was at Lakewood Senior Living. It's the best place. I would recommend anybody with memory issues go there because you will not find a better place. They're awesome. The staff is ri... Read more