5 Assisted Living Facilities near Gaffney, SC
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gaffney area, with 2 in Gaffney and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gaffney is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Boiling Springs with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 25 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gaffney. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gaffney 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boiling Springs with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gaffney, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Gaffney, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gaffney
Listed as one of the best places to retire in South Carolina, Gaffney is a town in Cherokee County in the upstate region. Also nicknamed the Peach Capital of South Carolina, Gaffney is home to the Gaffney Outlet Marketplace and a variety of antique stores, which is ideal for seniors looking for a deal. The city also has one assisted living facility and 37 nearby for seniors who want to retire in the area and require some degree of assistance with personal care.
Also known as community residential care facilities, assisted living facilities in Gaffney are regulated by the Board of Health and Environmental Control. Designed for at least two or more seniors, these facilities offer room and board and daily personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gaffney
- The Gaffney Senior Center offers transportation services to and from the senior center for meals and activities. American TransMed also provides rides to and from medical appointments.
- Gaffney has an array of community resources for seniors, including the United Way of Piedmont, an organization that works to provide meaningful activities to individuals 55 and older within the community as well as having one senior center.
- The Gaffney area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Gaffney Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Gaffney is 77, which is considerably lower than the national average of 100 and the state's average of 94. This makes Gaffney an excellent place to live for seniors on a budget.
- Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), crime in Gaffney is ranked 49.4 for violent crime compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime in the city ranks 46.1 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- Summers are long and hot and winters are short and cold in Gaffney. This provides plenty of warm days for seniors to get outside and get some exercise. The average summer high is around 90 while January lows are around 29. The city only gets about two inches of snowfall per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gaffney
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Gaffney start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gaffney and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gaffney
Seniors on a limited income may receive assistance paying for a community residential care facility through the Medicaid state plan. In order to be eligible for assistance, an individual must meet all of the Medicaid program criteria and must be receiving the optional state supplement (OSS) to the federal Supplemental Security Income program (SSI). While room and board are covered through the OSS, family supplementation is not permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gaffney
Gaffney and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gaffney, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gaffney
Gaffney-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Gaffney, SC
Other Options in Gaffney, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gaffney
Review of Magnolias of Gaffney
I am a Pastor & I visited a resident there who is very sick. I was not asked to sign in or anything. The person I visited had someone who had been sitting with the resident for hours & no o... Read more
Review of Magnolias of Gaffney
The staff at Magnolias of Gaffney was super friendly. The lobby was what you would expect in a 5-star hotel. It was super nice and everything was so clean. They had a spaghetti family dinner night,... Read more
Review of Magnolias of Gaffney
My children were afraid of me living alone. I've lived in Gaffney my whole life and it was important for me to stay local. Magnolias has been home for almost eight years. My children visit me often... Read more