Summit Hills

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

110 Summit Hills Drive, Spartanburg, SC 29307
Summit Hills (864) 591-2222

Reviews of Summit Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Summit Hills

July 31, 2015

By Alice46

My mom is a resident in the assisted living unit at Summit Hiils. The staff there goes above and beyond. always willing to help, very friendly and open to suggestions on care, food and etc. Great group indeed!

June 15, 2015

By Nancy105629950

Summit Hills is very nice. It was quite good, and I was impressed. The rooms and apartment were nice looking and comfortable. They have a lot of activities, which was anything you would want. They have therapy activities and reading games. The dining room was very nice. It was like any dining room, but it was very attractive. They could improve the pricing though. As for security, it appears to be very good. They were very helpful. I went to both the assisted living and independent living, so I can see the difference. I thought they were both very nice.

February 10, 2015

My mom has been in Summit Hills for a month now, and so far everything has been fine. Everyone was very accommodating and friendly. They have a pool there which is nice. They can do water aerobics. They have community rooms and lots of activities.

December 16, 2014

I visited Summit Hills. The staff was very nice. The room was acceptable, and it looked clean. The dining area was very nice. The environment was very good.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you enjoyed meeting our members, our staff, and seeing our community. We hope to see you again! Let us know if we can be of any more assistance by calling us at 864-582-5561 or emailing us at info@Summit-Hills.com.

March 20, 2013

By Caring 6430

I love Summit Hills. It's a great place but it's just disappointing that they didn't call me to give me information about the costs. They've got a good reputation though, and people that have lived there have liked it.

Independent Living Reviews for Summit Hills

By Bar Misty

I came to Summit Hills 13 years ago not knowing anyone except my daughter. I was welcomed by the residents living here and the employees of Summit Hills. Everyone is very friendly and caring. Living near Washington D.C. for a large portion of my life, I looked in Charlottesville, Richmond, Bethesda, etc. for a retirement community. I was looking for a friendly and homey place. I liked Summit Hills because Spartanburg was the right size city for me. I also heavily evaluated the financial aspect. I wanted to make sure I could afford to live my lifestyle in retirement. I like to travel. I have actually been on train trips and cruises with my fellow residents. Living here I have made many friends and have kept “well” with the many activities available. I have joined many activities such as knitting, sewing, Bible study, Wellness, and Walking Club. I also volunteer in the Assisted Living, the Hospital, Church, and am very involved in the community. The atmosphere is fun and easy living.

By Pleased as Punch Judy

I moved to Summit Hills 4.5 years ago. I can think of many things about Summit Hills that I have experienced at here- good, friendly, kind, and helpful residents and personnel. The latter are well trained and regularly working to improve the community. What is especially attractive to me is the Wellness Program, providing a wide range of programs for all residents. These programs for exercise, games, and all forms of health programs are for every type of living situation.

By D. Ballard

I came to Summit Hills a year ago last Halloween for the same reason that probably 80% of the other residents did- a family member lives here in Spartanburg. We moved here to be close to them. They were informed that Summit Hills was a great retirement community. I was concerned about leaving all of my friends at home and not knowing anyone here. After two or three days of getting settled in my apartment, I was visited by several residents at my apartment and welcomed with open arms. I learned the residents’ names by eating dinner with different residents each night. I soon learned that we all have so much in common. I tell everyone that we are just one big happy family. We take care of each other. It doesn’t take very long to meet someone you can call your best friend- just like you had at home. This is my home now. I love all of the people here at Summit Hills. The people who work here call each one of us by our name and are included in our family. Come to Summit Hills- you will love us too!

By FazeOne

My husband and I moved to Summit Hills March 1, 2014 (almost to the year mark.) It was the best decision we have made for our “Golden Years.” We have met many people from different careers and truly enjoyed their stories of family, professions, etc. The staff at Summit Hills is cheerful; helpful and always ready to meet your needs. They are one “One Caring Bunch.” We are happy.

By lottathighs

I have lived at Summit Hills since July 1998, and I enjoy it more each day. Summit Hills is a loving community, not just a place to pass time until you pass away. The residents are very friendly and really care about each other. It is truly a great place to live. Although I live by myself I have never felt afraid one minute. We have a night watchman who tours the neighborhood once an hour and is ready to be of assistance if one should have a medical emergency in the middle of the night. We have a stellar Maintenance crew who comes to help shortly after called- "not when they have to get around to it." The food is very good and the food service department works hard to prepare good, balanced meals but the greatest part is I don't have to cook it- it's like eating out every meal- no clean up and no dishes! I have a two- member housekeeping crew who make sure my house is clean and the linens are changed weekly. If you are bored, it is your own fault because there is always something going on. We have an outstanding Wellness Program featuring everything from physical exercise to water aerobics. There are classes to keep your mind fit also= everybody loves Jeopardy! Fortunately I can still drive but for those who can't, transportation is available four days a week, and trips to the grocery store, the bank, and to the mall are scheduled each week. To feed our cultural appetites, transportation is provided to the Symphony, to events at the Cultural Center, to special presentations given by many colleges and churches in Spartanburg. If it takes a village to raise a child as Hilary Clinton says, it also takes a village to Keep Grandma Going Too! And Summit Hills is that village for me!

By SH Mickey

Summit Hills provides a great lifestyle for all members. When I was looking for a place to call home in retirement, I wanted to live with colleges and cultural events. Thanks to Summit Hills we have transportation. We go to stage plays, jazz concerts, ballet and even athletic events. I love the cultural aspects of Spartanburg. Summit Hills makes that readily available to us. The second thing is that I am a person who enjoys working out. As I got older, I learned to swim. I learned this in retirement. We have a pool and a superb skill trainer. Our Wellness Director is very wonderful in setting up personalized workout programs for every resident which meet their every needs. In addition, the members enjoy on-campus lectures, card games, jeopardy, and music and art classes. What more could we ask for- a pool? A gym? Skilled trainers? –We have those also.

Memory Care Reviews for Summit Hills

Costs for Summit Hills

Photos of Summit Hills

Services and Amenities of Summit Hills

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: CRC-1113

About Summit Hills

summit-hills.com

Spartanburg's Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Summit Hills of Spartanburg, South Carolina. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives. As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, Summit Hills takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term

Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals.

Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an elegant environment.

Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national avera

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Summit Hills