Summit Hills

Reviews of Summit Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Summit Hills

July 31, 2015

By Alice46

My mom is a resident in the assisted living unit at Summit Hiils. The staff there goes above and beyond. always willing to help, very friendly and open to suggestions on care, food and etc. Great group indeed!

June 15, 2015

By Nancy105629950

Summit Hills is very nice. It was quite good, and I was impressed. The rooms and apartment were nice looking and comfortable. They have a lot of activities, which was anything you would want. They have therapy activities and reading games. The dining room was very nice. It was like any dining room, but it was very attractive. They could improve the pricing though. As for security, it appears to be very good. They were very helpful. I went to both the assisted living and independent living, so I can see the difference. I thought they were both very nice.

February 10, 2015

My mom has been in Summit Hills for a month now, and so far everything has been fine. Everyone was very accommodating and friendly. They have a pool there which is nice. They can do water aerobics. They have community rooms and lots of activities.

December 16, 2014

I visited Summit Hills. The staff was very nice. The room was acceptable, and it looked clean. The dining area was very nice. The environment was very good.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you enjoyed meeting our members, our staff, and seeing our community. We hope to see you again! Let us know if we can be of any more assistance by calling us at 864-582-5561 or emailing us at info@Summit-Hills.com.

March 20, 2013

By Caring 6430

I love Summit Hills. It's a great place but it's just disappointing that they didn't call me to give me information about the costs. They've got a good reputation though, and people that have lived there have liked it.

Independent Living Reviews for Summit Hills

By D. Ballard

I came to Summit Hills a year ago last Halloween for the same reason that probably 80% of the other residents did- a family member lives here in Spartanburg. We moved here to be close to them. They were informed that Summit Hills was a great retirement community. I was concerned about leaving all of my friends at home and not knowing anyone here. After two or three days of getting settled in my apartment, I was visited by several residents at my apartment and welcomed with open arms. I learned the residents’ names by eating dinner with different residents each night. I soon learned that we all have so much in common. I tell everyone that we are just one big happy family. We take care of each other. It doesn’t take very long to meet someone you can call your best friend- just like you had at home. This is my home now. I love all of the people here at Summit Hills. The people who work here call each one of us by our name and are included in our family. Come to Summit Hills- you will love us too!

By FazeOne

My husband and I moved to Summit Hills March 1, 2014 (almost to the year mark.) It was the best decision we have made for our “Golden Years.” We have met many people from different careers and truly enjoyed their stories of family, professions, etc. The staff at Summit Hills is cheerful; helpful and always ready to meet your needs. They are one “One Caring Bunch.” We are happy.

By lottathighs

I have lived at Summit Hills since July 1998, and I enjoy it more each day. Summit Hills is a loving community, not just a place to pass time until you pass away. The residents are very friendly and really care about each other. It is truly a great place to live. Although I live by myself I have never felt afraid one minute. We have a night watchman who tours the neighborhood once an hour and is ready to be of assistance if one should have a medical emergency in the middle of the night. We have a stellar Maintenance crew who comes to help shortly after called- "not when they have to get around to it." The food is very good and the food service department works hard to prepare good, balanced meals but the greatest part is I don't have to cook it- it's like eating out every meal- no clean up and no dishes! I have a two- member housekeeping crew who make sure my house is clean and the linens are changed weekly. If you are bored, it is your own fault because there is always something going on. We have an outstanding Wellness Program featuring everything from physical exercise to water aerobics. There are classes to keep your mind fit also= everybody loves Jeopardy! Fortunately I can still drive but for those who can't, transportation is available four days a week, and trips to the grocery store, the bank, and to the mall are scheduled each week. To feed our cultural appetites, transportation is provided to the Symphony, to events at the Cultural Center, to special presentations given by many colleges and churches in Spartanburg. If it takes a village to raise a child as Hilary Clinton says, it also takes a village to Keep Grandma Going Too! And Summit Hills is that village for me!

By SH Mickey

Summit Hills provides a great lifestyle for all members. When I was looking for a place to call home in retirement, I wanted to live with colleges and cultural events. Thanks to Summit Hills we have transportation. We go to stage plays, jazz concerts, ballet and even athletic events. I love the cultural aspects of Spartanburg. Summit Hills makes that readily available to us. The second thing is that I am a person who enjoys working out. As I got older, I learned to swim. I learned this in retirement. We have a pool and a superb skill trainer. Our Wellness Director is very wonderful in setting up personalized workout programs for every resident which meet their every needs. In addition, the members enjoy on-campus lectures, card games, jeopardy, and music and art classes. What more could we ask for- a pool? A gym? Skilled trainers? –We have those also.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Summit Hills

Costs for Summit Hills

Photos of Summit Hills

Services and Amenities of Summit Hills

• About Summit Hills

Summit Hills is a preferred retirement community in the Spartanburg, SC area. Located on 50 acres, Summit Hills is a full CCRC offering independent living cottages and apartments, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory care with rehabilitation services on site.

With a focus on wellness, Summit Hills enjoys a research partnership with Wake Forest University and was a recipient of the 2010 and 2011 Best of the Best Award for wellness programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Summit Hills is a community for people who wish to live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Featuring a community clubhouse that includes dining services, pub, Internet cafe, game and activity rooms, multi-media center plus a wellness center with heated therapy pool and exercise equipment, Summit Hills offers more social and fun opportunities than one could receive in their current house and at an affordable price. With Summit Hills taking care of all the house and lawn upkeep, the paying of bills, the cooking of meals, and the planning and set up of parties and events, Members get to spend more time enjoying their family, friends and interests.

Experience Summit Hills and experience a maintenance-free lifestyle in a fun and exciting gated community. Living here could indeed impact your life by helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Apartment Features

Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Map of Summit Hills