8 Assisted Living Facilities near Rutherfordton, NC
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rutherfordton area, with 4 in Rutherfordton and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rutherfordton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rutherfordton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rutherfordton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Rutherfordton, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rutherfordton
A smaller city in North Carolina, Rutherfordton has plenty to offer its residents, including a golf club and a senior center. There are over 4,200 people living in the city, and more than 20% of them are at least 65 years old. Some of these seniors may be looking for assistance with the tasks of daily living.
There are four assisted living facilities in Rutherfordton to support these seniors, with four more in nearby communities. Adult care homes with seven or more individuals and multi-unit assisted housing facilities in Rutherfordton and all of North Carolina are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rutherfordton
- The cost of living in Rutherfordton is 87.5, much lower than the national base of 100 and nearly 10 points lower than the state average. This is due mainly to lower housing and transportation costs.
- Compared to the U.S. mean of 22.7, Rutherfordton's violent crime rate is 6.0, which may help seniors feel safer when running errands in town. However, the town's property crime rate of 48.9 is 13 points above the national average of 35.4.
- With an annual temperature spread of 27-89 degrees, Rutherfordton's climate is moderate. The town receives 52 inches of rain per year, whereas the US mean is 38 inches. However, seniors with conditions sensitive to the cold may be happy to learn that Rutherfordton averages just 2 inches of snow per year. There are about 213 sunny days a year here, eight more days than the US mean.
- At 61, Rutherfordton's air quality is on par with the US average of 58. This means that seniors with COPD and other respiratory conditions may breathe a little easier here than in many US cities of similar size.
- The Rutherfordton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Rutherford Regional Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- North Carolina exempts all Social Security retirement benefits. This means that seniors in Rutherfordton and all of NC don't pay taxes on SSI, but other forms of retirement income are taxed at a flat rate.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rutherfordton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Rutherfordton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rutherfordton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rutherfordton
Seniors in Rutherfordtown and all of North Carolina may be eligible for financial assistance through the Medicaid State Plan. Eligibility is based on the federal Supplemental Security income payment and other sources of income. Family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rutherfordton
Rutherfordton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rutherfordton, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rutherfordton
Rutherfordton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rutherfordton
Review of Oakland Living Center, Inc
Excellent facility. Caring management and staff. Exceptionally well maintained. Provides for a safe, friendly home with great care, very well prepared meals and patient care. I feel comfortable tha... Read more
Review of Holly Springs Senior Citizens Home
My father has been a resident at Holly Springs for 8 months. He has consistently received compassionate and competent care. The staff and administrator are responsive to the unique needs of each ... Read more