Givens Estates

Nursing Home Reviews for Givens Estates

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Givens Estates

April 10, 2016

By Beth on waiting list

I'm on the waiting list. I recommend taking their tour, where you can talk with residents. I know several people who love living there. If you're low-income, need to be careful to check their rules. Some residents are in a special program for lower-income folks, plus Givens is building a separate facility near Gerber Village, which has grants for helping retirees who have less income.

March 18, 2016

By Kiki1

My parents moved to Given Estates two weeks ago. It’s a very clean and pretty facility that didn't smell like a nursing home. The rooms are nice, and the food is very good. They have physical therapy, activities, card games, and book clubs. We like the staff so far. I love the food; we were able to eat with my parents. The common areas are nice, very clean, and beautifully decorated with fireplaces. However, my parents complained that there wasn’t a bank on site, so they have to drive to the bank. They wish that it was closer to stores, so that they shop.

April 13, 2015

By Michael0604

My mother and I went down to North Carolina last week, and she has found a place and is all set. Givens Estates is the name of the place. They just seemed very helpful, and everyone who lived there really liked it. It is a beautiful place. So far, everything looks great. Everything appears to be very good. They seem to really care about the people and would go out of their way to make sure everything is the way that people wanted it. They had plenty of activities and lots of nice grounds.

July 26, 2014

By sunnysouth

Other

We were looking at this place and since it is advertised as being built by the Methodists and supposedly for 'low income', we did not expect to see a monthly fee in the thousands of dollars. What type of a low income person do they think could afford this? Apparently it is overpriced like everything else in the "San Franciso of the south.'

July 20, 2014

I liked Givens Estates a whole lot. It was one of those communities where you could advance to what you needed to once you were in the facility. If you were in the assisted living and needed to go to skilled nursing, you had the option to do that. They had a lot of amenities there as well, and it was a beautifully well-kept area. The people there were very nice, very helpful, and very friendly. I thought the only problem with that was that it was a one-room thing instead of apartments. So, it was a lot smaller, and that's not quite as amenable to what my mother was looking for.

September 11, 2013

By Caring Girlfriend

Givens Estates offers the same services as with the other CCRCs I visited. They have many levels of care. People living there are well attended to on all levels. I have had friends there. Their food is fine. They have a number of activities for their residents. I would recommend this place.

May 14, 2013

By Mrs. P1

Givens Estates is a very nice place. My friend can do whatever she wants. She can take exercises in an indoor pool, get massages, go to lectures, she can go to dances, and even walk her dog. There's tons to do and she can do as little or as much as she wants. She can live there for the rest of her life. If anybody wants to move there in retirement age, it's a good place to be. It's expensive though.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (12) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Givens Estates

• Entry Fee Cost: 311600

• Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Rooms; Casual Bistro: Full Service Or Self Serve; Grab And Go Program; Carry Out And Delivery Services; Catering Program

• Pool

About Givens Estates

Refund Plan: 50% of Entrance Fee. Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Givens Estates