12 Assisted Living Facilities near Little Rock, AR
Also serving communities of North Little Rock, Sherwood, Cabot, Lonoke.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Little Rock area, with 10 in Little Rock and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Little Rock is $4,014 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 81 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Little Rock. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Little Rock 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Maumelle with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Little Rock find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Little Rock, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Little Rock, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Little Rock
Located in the center of Arkansas on the banks of the Arkansas River in Pulaski County, Little Rock has much to offer seniors in the way of local attractions. Seniors can visit the River Market District, Clinton Presidential Center & Park, Central Arkansas Nature Center, The Clinton Presidential Park Wetlands to name a few.
There are 10 assisted living facilities in Little Rock, with another six in neighboring areas such as North Little Rock, Maumelle and Sherwood. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Little Rock are licensed and inspected by the Arkansas Department of Human Services, Office of Long Term Care. The Department categorizes the facilities as Level I and Level II, with Level II facilities providing services for those who need a higher level of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Little Rock
- The Little Rock area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CHI St. Vincent Infirmary and University of Arkansas Medical Sciences Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Little Rock has excellent air quality. For 24-hour particle pollution, the American Lung Association rated it first for cleanest metropolitan areas in the country, which is good news for seniors with respiratory illness.
- The cost of living in Little Rock is 11 percent lower than the United States average. The reduced cost of groceries, health care and transportation all allow a fixed income to stretch further.
- Arkansas does not tax social security payments, which leaves more money in your budget. Income from public and private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts are partially taxed. Arkansas also has a high sales tax, which needs to be factored into your budget.
- Little Rock gets around 51 inches of rain each year, around 12 inches more than the national average. Summer weather can be humid, with the July high averaging 92 degrees. The January low is around 31 degrees.
- Little Rock has a very high crime rate, with both violent crime and property crime occurring more regularly than similarly sized cities. The violent crime rate in Little Rock is around three times higher than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Little Rock
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Little Rock start around $3,965 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Little Rock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Little Rock
The Arkansas Division of Aging and Adult Services administers the Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver program, which may provide financial help to eligible seniors entering Level II assisted living facilities that are enrolled with the program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Little Rock
Little Rock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Little Rock, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Little Rock
Little Rock-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Little Rock, AR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Little Rock
Review of The Manor - Senior Living Community
The appearance of The Manor - Senior Living Community is great. It has great facilities for seniors, it has a lot of activities, and it's reasonably priced. The people there were very nice too, but... Read more
Review of Brookdale Chenal Heights
Brookdale Chenal Heights looked like a nursing home, but the room was clean. The person who assisted me was very kind, very helpful and willing to share her own personal anecdote. They have a laund... Read more
Review of Woodland Heights
I saw all the levels of care of Woodland Heights. It was too independent and too high functioning for my mother. The rooms were very homey, very spacious and well laid out. The person who assisted ... Read more