Located across the Arkansas River from the state capital, North Little Rock is a city of 65,903 residents, making it the seventh-largest city in the state by population. Baptist Health Medical Center North Little Rock and Arkansas Surgical Hospital are among the area’s favored medical care providers, and with the city’s abundance of physicians and low cost of health care, North Little Rock’s 9,094 seniors have plentiful options for receiving treatment.

After its hospitals, North Little Rock’s nursing homes have the highest level of care, with medication management, assistance with activities of daily living, wound care and injections among the most common services provided. Most nursing facilities also offer physical and occupational therapy, and in addition to the caregivers, nurses and physicians are on-site 24/7 to monitor residents’ health. With semiprivate rooms in the city’s nursing homes averaging $6,083 a month, higher than the statewide average, seniors may want to consider assisted living or home care, assuming it meets their needs.

This guide covers the cost of nursing home care in North Little Rock and includes a list of resources that may help seniors pay for care, resolve issues at nursing facilities or delay nursing home placement with in-home services.

Directory of Nursing Homes in North Little Rock, AR

The Waters of North Little Rock

2501 John Ashley Drive, North Little Rock, AR, 72114

I was here two years ago. I had extensive surgery, so I was there for long-term care. It’s beautiful. They made sure that the outside was just as nice as the inside. They just did a total uplift on ev … (read more)

Premier Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

3600 Richards Road, North Little Rock, AR, 72117

Why my family member was there they never got a bath. My dad ended up getting cold while he was there and they tried to make me pay for that time. My family member had a roommate that was blind and th … (read more)

Lakewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

2323 MCCAIN BOULEVARD, North Little Rock, AR, 72116

I selected Lakewood for my post-operative care to make it easier for my family to visit. I was a resident for a little over a month following a series of abdominal surgeries. I found that the care an … (read more)

Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

519 DONOVAN BRILEY BLVD., North Little Rock, AR, 72118

I am very Disappointed in this nursing home, The staff is poor! they are more interested in there social life then the residents that live there. We have found so many CNA hiding out in my Grandmother … (read more)

Baptist Health Medical Center Nlr

3333 Springhill Drive, North Little Rock, AR, 72117

ARKANSAS STATE VETERANS HOME AT NORTH LITTLE ROCK

2401 JOHN ASHLEY DRIVE, North Little Rock, AR, 72114

Maumelle Health And Rehab

103 Alexandria Drive, Maumelle, AR, 72113

The staff at this facility go above and beyond accommodating their patients, and the facility is kept immaculately clean.

The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove

7801 Kanis Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72204

My mother needed rehab for her hip, and she went to get it at The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove in Little Rock. It was great, so I would recommend it to anybody. She was there for about three w … (read more)

Woodland Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation of Ja

1320 Braden St, Jacksonville, AR, 72076

I came here on June 18, 2021 after surgery for a broken hip sustained after a fall. This was a HUGE transition for me as I was accustomed to independent living prior thereto. Today, is August 29, 2021 … (read more)

Sherwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

245 INDIAN BAY DRIVE, Sherwood, AR, 72120

Loving, caring staff. They remembered our names and our family member’s name and circumstances when we saw them in the hallways. Impressive. We were called everytime there was a new situation. They p … (read more)

Encore at West Little Rock

12111 HINSON RD, Little Rock, AR, 72212

We will be moving my aunt into Encore at West Little Rock today. We chose it for its convenient location. It also has a great staff. They provide skilled nursing, and the facility is nice and clean.

Presbyterian Village

500 BROOKSIDE DRIVE, Little Rock, AR, 72205

Presbyterian Village is an assisted living community located in Little Rock, just a quick drive to numerous doctor’s offices, supermarkets and retail stores. Transportation is made easier by facilit … (read more)

Briarwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center,inc

516 SOUTH RODNEY PARHAM ROAD, Little Rock, AR, 72205

My mother has been at Briarwood for over 8 years. We are extremely please with the care she has had.

Hickory Heights Health & Rehab

3 Chenal Heights Drive, Little Rock, AR, 72223

I am staying in Hickory Heights Health & Rehab. I’ve come here for rehab several times before when I’ve been in the hospital. I like the people here. I’m in their nursing home now, and they have g … (read more)

Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at Good Shepherd

3001 ALDERSGATE ROAD, Little Rock, AR, 72205

I was at the Nursing & Rehabilitation Center at Good Shepherd for rehab. It was a better place than the one I’m in now. The staff was very good. I was very happy there. I had a private room with m … (read more)

Brookside Health and Rehabilitation Center

800 BROOKSIDE DRIVE, Little Rock, AR, 72205

On July 18, 2019 we had to make a decision that my mother had discussed with us in the past. She stated "never to put her in a nursing home". But my mother had a stroke and she required 24hr total … (read more)

The Waters of Cumberland

1516 South Cumberland St, Little Rock, AR, 72202

Abington Place Health & Rehab is a senior living facility located in a quiet area of downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. Residents enjoy board games, educational lectures and day trips to nearby attra … (read more)

Sandalwood Healthcare, LLC

2600 John Barrow Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72204

My mom was at Sandalwood Healthcare for over a year. It was a medium-sized facility but it needed an upgrade. The staff were good. I would not say I am satisfied or dissatisfied with their service bec … (read more)

The Blossoms at Midtown Rehab & Nursing Center

5720 West Markham St, Little Rock, AR, 72205

The Blossoms at Midtown Rehab & Nursing Center is a very good place, and I’m very happy here. I have a two-bedroom unit that I share with another woman, and it’s fine. We have a TV, and we watch w … (read more)

Madison Health & Rehab, Llc

2821 W Dixon Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72206

The staff members at the facility were really nice when I was greeted at the front entrance. One particular day I went to visit my great grandfather and his room was dirty and he needed some assistan … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in North Little Rock, AR

On a monthly basis, a semiprivate room in a North Little Rock nursing home costs about $6,083. Private rooms average $6,692.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Seniors in North Little Rock’s nursing homes spend about $152 a month more on their care than most residents of Arkansas’ nursing homes and $1,673 less than seniors in nursing homes across the country. On average, seniors in Hot Springs pay the same as seniors in North Little Rock, while older adults in Pine Bluff’s nursing homes pay $100 more for their care. With respective nursing home care costs of $5,779 and $5,551 a month, Jonesboro and Fort Smith are among the state’s most affordable cities.

North Little Rock

Jonesboro

$5551

Fort Smith

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

The most affordable type of senior care in North Little Rock is adult day health care at $2,167 a month, followed by assisted living at $3,125 per month. Home care and home health care have the same median cost, $4,157 a month. Nursing home care is the city’s most expensive type of senior care. When they opt for a private room, seniors pay an additional $609 a month over the cost of semiprivate accommodations.

$4157

Adult day health care

$3125

Assisted living

$6083

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6692

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for North Little Rock was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Little Rock, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in North Little Rock, AR

Many seniors and their families use some form of financial assistance to help them pay for nursing care. The main options available are Medicare, Medicaid and veterans benefits. These programs can be complicated, especially when it comes to benefit terms. Below, we give a brief overview of how these programs may be used to pay for skilled nursing care.

Free Resources for Seniors in North Little Rock, AR

We’ve compiled several programs that can help seniors learn about and obtain financing for nursing home care or delay institutionalization by receiving a variety of care services at home.

Resource

Contact

Service

As the Area Agency on Aging for North Little Rock, Care Link administers a comprehensive suite of services to help seniors age gracefully at home. For homebound seniors, Care Link offers in-home respite care, meal programs, home care services and Medicare counseling to help seniors save money on their prescription drugs.

The ombudsman works to protect the best interests of seniors living in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities by investigating and resolving their complaints and educating them on the rights they're entitled to by state and federal laws. Ombudsman services are provided free to seniors and their families.

CareLink's home care services are intended to give seniors the support and assistance they need at home instead of moving into a long-term care facility. Among the available services are mobility assistance, housekeeping, meal preparation and assistance with daily living activities such as eating, bathing and dressing. Care services may be provided from a few hours a day to full-time, and seniors currently enrolled in Medicaid may not be required to pay any of the cost.

Meals on Wheels is a national nutrition program that aims to reduce food insecurity in older adults. Volunteers deliver nutritious meals to seniors who are predominantly homebound and unable to prepare their own food. In addition to helping prevent malnutrition, Meals on Wheels provides regular socialization to seniors who often spend a significant amount of their time alone.