The city of Little Rock is located on the Arkansas River and is the capital city of the state of Arkansas. It has a population of about 197,000, and around 14.1% of residents are aged 65 and older. Seniors living in the city have access to excellent medical care at UAMS Hospital, which is a teaching hospital that is nationally ranked by USN in one specialty. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Little Rock is $6,083 for a semiprivate room, which is about $1,700 less than the national average.

Nursing home care provides assistance with the tasks of daily living as well as skilled nursing care, which is provided by a registered nurse and includes medical monitoring and treatment for chronic conditions. This type of care is not required by all seniors, and family members may want to look at alternative care options such as home care services and assisted living if they are not sure that nursing home care is the right choice.

This guide provides cost information on nursing home care and alternative options in Little Rock and surrounding cities.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Little Rock, AR

The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove

7801 Kanis Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72204

My mother needed rehab for her hip, and she went to get it at The Green House Cottages of Poplar Grove in Little Rock. It was great, so I would recommend it to anybody. She was there for about three w … (read more)

Encore at West Little Rock

12111 HINSON RD, Little Rock, AR, 72212

We will be moving my aunt into Encore at West Little Rock today. We chose it for its convenient location. It also has a great staff. They provide skilled nursing, and the facility is nice and clean.

Presbyterian Village

500 BROOKSIDE DRIVE, Little Rock, AR, 72205

Presbyterian Village is an assisted living community located in Little Rock, just a quick drive to numerous doctor’s offices, supermarkets and retail stores. Transportation is made easier by facilit … (read more)

Valley Ranch Nursing And Rehab Center

6411 VALLEY RANCH DR, Little Rock, AR, 72223

My grandmother is in Valley Ranch Nursing Home. She enjoys the company of the other residents and the staff. The nurses and CNAS are very polite and caring. I visit my grandmother several times a week … (read more)

Briarwood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center,inc

516 SOUTH RODNEY PARHAM ROAD, Little Rock, AR, 72205

My mother has been at Briarwood for over 8 years. We are extremely please with the care she has had.

Brookside Health and Rehabilitation Center

800 BROOKSIDE DRIVE, Little Rock, AR, 72205

On July 18, 2019 we had to make a decision that my mother had discussed with us in the past. She stated "never to put her in a nursing home". But my mother had a stroke and she required 24hr total … (read more)

Sandalwood Healthcare, LLC

2600 John Barrow Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72204

My mom was at Sandalwood Healthcare for over a year. It was a medium-sized facility but it needed an upgrade. The staff were good. I would not say I am satisfied or dissatisfied with their service bec … (read more)

Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at Good Shepherd

3001 ALDERSGATE ROAD, Little Rock, AR, 72205

My family member was at this facility for two weeks before they took his dentures out to clean. When he was transferred out of isolation I found him in the wrong bed. Aides not wearing masks properly … (read more)

Madison Health & Rehab, Llc

2821 W Dixon Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72206

The staff members at the facility were really nice when I was greeted at the front entrance. One particular day I went to visit my great grandfather and his room was dirty and he needed some assistan … (read more)

Abington Place Health & Rehab

1516 South Cumberland St, Little Rock, AR, 72202

Abington Place Health & Rehab is a senior living facility located in a quiet area of downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. Residents enjoy board games, educational lectures and day trips to nearby attra … (read more)

Hickory Heights Nursing and Rehab

3 Chenal Heights Drive, Little Rock, AR, 72223

I would not advise for anyone to place their loved one in these people care i have a family memeber who has been neglected and ignored due to poor staffing. Family memeber could have died under their … (read more)

West Markham Sub Acute And Rehabilitation Center

5720 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR, 72205

Do not allow anyone you care for or love to this facility. From top to bottom the staff is uncaring, too busy to bother and neglectful. They are all sweet and good to your face but as soon as you turn … (read more)

Colonel Glenn Health And Rehab, Llc

13700 David O Dodd Road, Little Rock, AR, 72210

My mother was in Colonel Glenn Nursing and Rehab for 2 months. They communicated with my daughter. I didn’t like that I received the notification on a Monday that I needed her to be moved on Thursday. … (read more)

Barrow Creek Health & Rehab

2600 John Barrow Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72204

My father is at Barrow Creek Health & Rehab. I guess it’s good for Medicaid. He only had Medicaid recommendations, if you’ve worked all your life and you paid into insurance you get a better nursi … (read more)

Chenal Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

3115 BOWMAN ROAD, Little Rock, AR, 72211

Dreadfully dated property with poor lighting and low ceilings. Rooms marginal and beds separated by curtains. Extremely crowded. Seem short-staffed.

The Waters of West Dixon

2821 W Dixon Rd, Little Rock, AR, 72206

I have visited The Waters of West Dixon, and it was a very rundown facility. I could see trash piled up on some of the patios. There is a filled-up dumpster with trash rolling out of it. I was going t … (read more)

Baptist Health Medical Center-Little Rock

9601 Baptist Health Dr., Little Rock, AR, 72205

Sherwood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

245 INDIAN BAY DRIVE, Sherwood, AR, 72120

My mother was recently at this facility. She was taken to the ER this morning in respiratory failure. She had a UTI so bad she was septic. She was severely dehydrated. This was after the nurses to … (read more)

Premier Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

3600 Richards Road, North Little Rock, AR, 72117

I wish I could give 0 stars. Don’t take your love ones here if you care about them. They treated my Father like trash. They neglected him, have him in his feces for hours. Never gave him a Bath. Whe … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Little Rock, Arkansas

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Little Rock is $6,083 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Looking at the average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home, the cost of care in Little Rock is significantly less than the national average of $7,756. However, it is similar to the Arkansas state average of $5,931.

The cost of care in nearby Hot Springs is identical at an average of $6,083 per month, while the average costs of care in Jonesboro ($5,779) and Fort Smith ($5,551) are less. Pine Bluff ($6,183) is the most expensive neighboring city.

Little Rock

Fort Smith

$6183

Pine Bluff

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It may be useful for family members and seniors to compare the costs of alternative types of care if they are unsure if nursing home care is right for them. The cheapest option in Little Rock is adult day care at an average cost of $2,167 per month. Both homemaker services and home health aide services have an average monthly cost of $4,157, while assisted living has an average monthly cost of $3,125. At the other end of the scale, nursing home care costs $6,083 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room.

$2167

$6692

Nursing Home Private

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Little Rock, Arkansas

Free Resources for Seniors in Little Rock, Arkansas

The following resources might be of interest to seniors in Little Rock who are looking at ways to continue safely living in their own homes. One resource discusses financial options for nursing home care for those who have decided to look at long-term care options.

ResourceContactServices
Meals on Wheels(501) 372-5300Meals on Wheels is a nonprofit organization that serves nutritious meals to homebound seniors who are unable to prepare meals on their own. To be eligible seniors need to be aged 65 and over and not have assistance at home. Meals are delivered from Monday to Friday by a team of volunteers. These volunteers are often the only contact that the seniors have with the outside world and they provide a valuable social connection as well as check on the health of the seniors. There is a small charge for the meals, but financial assistance is available.
Trans Net Care Rides(501) 500-2216This company provides transport to seniors to medical appointments, shopping trips, hairdresser appointments and church services. They can even accommodate seniors in wheelchairs on request. Caregivers can be provided to assist those who have difficulty walking or need help during their appointment. There is a charge for each ride, but financial help is available for those who can’t afford it.
SHIP(501) 371-2782SHIP is a federally funded program that aims to assist seniors looking at Medicaid benefits and options for financial assistance for long-term care. Counselors help the seniors to apply for any benefits that they are eligible for and explain how the benefits work.