Brookdale Chenal Heights

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Chenal Heights

August 02, 2016

By ashlee.1

Other

The business approach by phone contact was very warm and inviting; so cordial, I accepted to view their facilities and try the lunch...hope it goes as well as the invite!

April 15, 2016

By Pam122886250

Brookdale Chenal Heights was nice, but the rooms were too small for two people. The staff was really nice and helpful. I don't have anything bad to say about it.

March 30, 2016

By Matt C.

Brookdale was a nice facility with reasonable rates. The hostess who greeted us was very helpful. It was recently remodeled and in pretty good shape. They had a game room and TV room, exercises, and more with a calendar of three activities per day.

February 15, 2016

By Katie16

My mother was in Emeritus (Brookdale Chenal Heights) before. Emeritus was lacking in a lot of things and had a very institutional feeling. You could smell the Lysol and the urine. It’s for very low functioning people. It didn’t seem to have different levels; they treated the highly functioning people the same way as the people who couldn’t even feed themselves.

December 25, 2015

By Robert118367750

We chose Brookdale Chenal Heights for my father-in-law. We like that the rooms are bigger than the others we looked at. The staff seems more engage. They have a training program that goes all the way from their caregivers down to the regular staff workers, the ones who pick trash in the rooms and janitorial staff. We think the location is a lot better off. They have church services, trips to the malls, trips to go look at Christmas lights, outings to go to restaurants, and we are pretty happy with the entertainment they have to offer. As far as activities, everything is equal. So far, we are very happy. We are really impressed with the staff. Most importantly, my father-in-law is happy there.

November 17, 2015

By Rfvbates

Our parents gave been here for almost 3 years now, it is a really nice place, they keep it clean,but I have to say the food quality has went down as far as being food that older people like and can eat over the years it was really different when they first came here to live. The have been losing weight pretty rapidly over the last year, it's just not the kind of food people of their generation are used to, it's not only them there are LOTS of residents that don't eat their food, some of it they don't even know what it is, they ask the servers and they say they don't know either.

October 27, 2015

It’s a very well-run facility. The people working there are nice and accommodating when we visited the place. They didn’t have any vacancy at that time so Brookdale Chenal Heights was not an option for us but I really think it’s a great place.

August 31, 2014

Emeritus at Chenal Heights was the first place we looked at when we're looking for places. We chose this community because it was in the right part of the town, they had the right people and it was the first choice. They have one-bedroom and studio apartments. My mother is in a studio apartment. They do have activities. They have the usual things in assisted living facilities. They have games, movies and they can take you around if you need to. Food is good. The dining room is very nice. The staff seems very nice and they seem to care a lot.

June 26, 2014

Emeritus is very clean, very neat, and very well taken care of. I like the staff. They're very nice and helpful. The food is very good. My mom is not really social right now. She still has a very bad hearing problem, so she doesn't get out a lot. But the place is neat, has a very nice front, and inside the rooms are very nice.

December 30, 2013

By Evie4

The staff in Emeritus at Chenal Heights treated me fine, I had no complaints. But the place is a bit fancy. It didn't look like what my dad needed necessarily.

March 20, 2013

By Ann13

I have a relative who lives in Chenal Heights Retirement Living. The environment is pleasing and homey. The employees always seem to be attentive and kind to the people. The meals are served in smaller dining rooms so that the employees can watch over the patients a little more carefully than they would. Their menu varies because some people require special diets. The regular meals look appetizing. The place is very clean and doesn't have an odor about it. They have a wonderful common area. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

February 14, 2013

By Tish1

Emeritus at Chenal Heights was wonderful. I'm really considering that place for my mother. They were very friendly and they've given me lots of good information. Everybody seems happy there. I think it's a very nice place.

May 31, 2012

By A1LDZTVD5HLICK

It is a very nice facility my grandfather who was very independent didn't like the fact of having to live there. But soon after he was a resident he began to actually like living there which i thought would never happen and he was very relaxed and i was to because i didn't have to worry about him all the time. I would highly recommend this facility who has any friend or relative that needs assisted living. because my grandfather loved this place and im sure your relative would too. So don't be afraid to go to this excellent care provider they are for sure one of the best care providers out there. Trust me they are very reliable and very trustworthy, well they were when my grandfather went. Except my grandfather did have one complaint about the food not being very good but other than that they were very good. Also the place was very clean and smelled really good like flowers which to me is a really good thing.

September 29, 2011

By davidwilson

Before my mother was committed to the assisted living facility, she was becoming increasingly distant and non-communicative. She rarely left the home and when she did, never seemed to enjoy herself. She missed her health and her deceased husband, but perhaps most of all she missed independence. She did not like the idea of her children helping her when there were other options. That is when we stumbled upon Chenal Heights. Chenal is one of the most prestigious and safe communities in Arkansas and home to many financial institutions and fine recreational facilities. The assisted living facility in Chenal was no less more spectacular than the community that it resides in. The staff was very helpful and understanding. They valued my mother's independent spirit and seemed quite knowledgeable in their health. We visit whenever we want, and are never refused. The facility itself is state of the art. There are beautiful televisions, medical devices, and lounging facility. The food is equivalent to a nice restaurant as well as plentiful. The place is so clean that it reminds me of a hospital. Overall I love the Chenal facility and so does my mother. It makes me think that I should hurry up and get old.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Chenal Heights

Questions about Brookdale Chenal Heights

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale is proud of our ongoing training required by associates on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Chenal Heights. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 70's and up. We are proud to serve several residents 100+ years old. Some of the favorites are B-fit exercise programming, happy hour, card groups, entertainment, outings and religious services.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Chenal Heights offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Outings, exercise, arts and crafts, entertainment, men's club, religious services, pet therapy, multiple card groups, book club, etc

What places are near Brookdale Chenal Heights or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Conveniently located to a variety of shopping venues as well as physician offices and healthcare providers

What transportation services does Brookdale Chenal Heights offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transporation available

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Chenal Heights exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Three meals served restaurant style in our warm, homelike assisted living dining room. We can meet most special diet considerations with low sodium and sugar free options.

How does Brookdale Chenal Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular careplan meetings and scheduled family nights. We encourage families to reach out to leadership team whenever there is a need or a question.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Chenal Heights during daytime and nighttime hours?

At minimum, we staff according to state regulations. Due to our unique care rate system, staffing ratios will increase as care needs increase.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What programs or activities does Brookdale Chenal Heights offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We utilizes residents' histories to incorporate interests, hobbies and past lifestyles into their daily paths. Our Clare Bridge program director ensures their day is full of appropriately stimulating activities in both small group and indivdual settings.

the health and wellness director leads the clinical team. Our memory care associates are also a cricital part of ongoing assessments to ensure we are meeting needs of residents.

How does Brookdale Chenal Heights keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Chenal Heights. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Set in a residential area, Brookdale Chenal Heights offers green space views in a homelike setting.

Is Brookdale Chenal Heights affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Brookdale Chenal Heights

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Chenal Heights

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Chenal Heights

Brookdale Chenal Heights is a senior housing community that offers a homelike setting for its residents. The staff is professional and caring, always making sure to respect the independence of each resident. The restaurant-style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting all combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. There are opportunities for residents to get to know each other through special events and activities such as cultural enrichment programs. There is also daily assistance with bathing and dressing, medication management, dining assistance and special diets, an emergency response call system, housekeeping services and laundry services available.

Map of Brookdale Chenal Heights