5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ouachita Parish, LA
The average cost of assisted living in Ouachita Parish is $3,072 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Lincoln Parish with an average starting cost of $1,920.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ouachita Parish. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ouachita Parish 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lincoln Parish with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ouachita Parish, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ouachita Parish, LA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ouachita Parish
The relaxed vibe and abundance of natural beauty of Ouachita Parish in north Louisiana makes it a great place for active seniors who love the outdoors. About 14.3 percent of the almost 156,000 residents in Ouachita Parish are over age 65, and the area has five assisted living communities to support area seniors who need assistance with everyday activities and medication management.
As throughout all of Louisiana, assisted living facilities in Ouachita Parish are called Adult Residential Care Providers (ARCPs). These facilities are licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health and categorized into four levels based on the resident population of the facility, types of accommodations and programs offered.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ouachita Parish
- Ouachita Parish is 12.1 percent cheaper than the U.S. average when it comes to overall cost of living, but health and transportation are slightly above the national average, which may be of concern to seniors in assisted living facilities in the area.
- Air quality in Ouachita Parish is great, and the American Lung Association gave the region an A grade for both ozone levels and 24-hour particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory concerns can typically enjoy outdoor activities in Ouachita Parish without having to worry about excess pollution.
- As Louisiana citizens, Ouachita Parish residents can take advantage of some of the tax breaks the state offers. Louisiana doesn't tax social security, public pensions, some private pensions and some retirement income, leaving seniors with more money in their pockets.
- Ouachita Parish has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Ouachita Council on Aging, an organization that provides advocacy, information, legal aid and wellness activities, as well as multiple senior centers, such as the West Ouachita Senior Center.
- Ouachita Parish is home to world-class medical facilities, including Glenwood Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Individual cities in Ouachita Parish operate their own public transit systems, including the Monroe Transit System and West Ouachita Public Transit System, which may offer specific discount to seniors living in the area. The Ouaichita Council on Aging also operates a van system that transports seniors to non-emergency destinations.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ouachita Parish
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Louisiana
Assisted Living costs in Ouachita Parish start around $3,072 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ouachita Parish and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ouachita Parish
The Louisiana Department of Health offers a program of Medicaid Long-Term Care Services for seniors who meet income eligibility requirements and need assistance with the daily activities of living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ouachita Parish
Ouachita Parish and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ouachita Parish, please visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ouachita Parish
Ouachita Parish-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Louisiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Louisiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ouachita Parish, LA
Assisted Living near Ouachita Parish, LA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ouachita Parish
Review of Azalea Estates of Monroe
The staff at Azalea Estates of Monroe was much more attentive and the food was better than where I am now. My room was small, but it was adequate. I had a studio in that facility. I was there in th... Read more
Review of Rosemont Assisted Living
Rosemont Assisted Living and Memory Care was very nice and the person during the tour was very informative and very knowledgeable. The room was nice and had just been remodeled. The dining area had... Read more
Review of Savannah Grand of West Monroe
Savannah Grand of West Monroe was very nice and a little bit newer than others. The room was pretty clean and nice. I've visited people there and the staff was very professional and kind. They were... Read more