15 Assisted Living Facilities near Maumelle, AR
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Maumelle area, with 2 in Maumelle and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Maumelle is $3,720 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Conway with an average starting cost of $2,570.
To help you with your search, browse the 105 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Maumelle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Maumelle 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Maumelle find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Maumelle, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Maumelle, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Maumelle
The city of Maumelle, Arkansas, is home to a network of bike paths, giving active seniors a unique opportunity to enjoy and explore the city. There are more than 18,000 residents in Maumelle, 14% of whom are aged 65 and over.
There are 15 assisted living facilities in the Maumelle region. Two of these facilities are in the city proper, and the other 13 are located nearby in Little Rock, Sherwood and Conway. In Maumelle, assisted living facilities are categorized as Level I or Level II facilities, depending on the level of care they provide, or as residential long-term care facilities. All types of facilities are governed by the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Maumelle
- Property taxes in Maumelle are very low, but the state's sales tax rate is high. Social Security income is not subject to state income tax, and other types of retirement income are only partially taxed.
- The air quality in Maumelle is very good with low levels of ozone and particle pollution. This may be beneficial for seniors, particularly those with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- The Maumelle area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in North Little Rock.
- The overall cost of living in Maumelle is only about 2% higher than the U.S. average but roughly 18% higher than the state average, which may be a consideration for Arkansas natives living on a tight retirement budget. The cost of housing is about 11% higher than the national average, which may drive up assisted living costs.
- As is typical of Arkansas, Maumelle has a warm climate with hot summers and relatively mild winters, which may suit seniors who are sensitive to cold weather. The hottest months of the year are July and August when highs are in the 90s, and the coolest month of the year is January when highs are around 50 degrees.
- The combined property and violent crime rates in Maumelle are lower than the national average, with a majority of the city's crime being property-related. This may appeal to seniors seeking a safe community for their retirement years.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Maumelle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Maumelle start around $3,720 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Maumelle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Maumelle
Personal care services in assisted living facilities in Maumelle may be covered through the Medicaid State Plan. Services provided in a Level II facility may be covered through the Living Choices Assisted Living waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Maumelle
Maumelle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Maumelle, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Maumelle
Maumelle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Maumelle
Review of Elmcroft of Maumelle
So far, we're totally satisfied with Elmcroft of Maumelle. The staff, so far, is awesome -- the ones that we've met. She's got dementia so you can't tell she's gonna be angry with anybody, but the ... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Maumelle
We visited Elmcroft of Maumelle and it is an amazing place. It was very clean and very nice, with very bright people. The staff was absolutely amazing and very helpful. I saw a room through a video... Read more
Review of Stonehaven Assisted Living
Stonehaven Assisted Living offers me everything that I need. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I couldn't ask for anything better. They play volleyball, bingo, uno, there's classic TV, t... Read more