Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

Reviews of Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

June 18, 2016

By Sherrie021831

Mom is in here, and it’s wonderful. What stands out is the way that they treat my mom. They bend over backwards and really make her feel comfortable. It’s highly recommended.

April 15, 2016

By Pam122886250

It was nice. The apartments were nice and big with a bedroom, bathroom, and den area. The dining area was nice, too. They had a lot of activities. The residents were able to get around more. I would recommend this facility.

March 04, 2016

By Diane v1

Everybody seemed to be very happy; both the staff and the patrons. We had a very nice lunch, and the food was very good. I took my daughter, my grandchildren, and a lot of the people who were there were coming over to see the babies. They all were saying how happy they were there, and how much they enjoyed it there. It was not the best area, but once you get into the community it was like going into a different world. In the apartment area it was like you were in the middle of the mountain, and all you could see was nice scenery. It’s very serene. It was all accessible from inside so that people didn’t have to actually go outside the unit in case of bad weather or rain. What I didn’t care for was the size of the unit. My parents wouldn’t have cared for that particular one because it was only 400sq. ft. I did feel that it was very confined for them. For someone who is more immobilized that would have been fine, but for my parents they would not have enjoyed the size of the room. They gave me a copy of the menu, and I forwarded it on to my parents. They have different activities; movie nights, they go on little short trips, and to different shows. There was a lot to offer if you have great mind-set. Many of the residents have been there for many years. There didn’t seem to be a huge turnover. The staff was very helpful.

February 29, 2016

By Caring relative 007

My mother was in here. They had her over in the independent side and she was supposed to get extra help, but the extra help didn't come through. They reevaluated her and put her over on the assisted living side and that was a lot better. She did get a lot of help there. She stayed clean and they brought her dinner, got her up out of bed and help her get in her clothes and wash. The assisted living side was great. There were activities there to do, but she didn't go. The staff was very friendly. Her room was nice sized, which was a one-bedroom, very nice, and had a balcony, big closet and pantry. The dining area was very nice downstairs, big, and they had a fireplace running all the time.

May 01, 2015

My father is staying here, and it is very nice. He likes the facility very much. He has an apartment, a living area, and a full kitchen. His room is very nice. He also has a porch. The staff is very nice and very helpful. They are all excellent. With their activities, I know my father does exercise. He also does interact with other seniors in the place.

April 22, 2015

By Caring105431950

My mom spent a month here. It was a nice place. The staff was nice and helpful. The apartment that she moved into was really clean. I ate there, and the food was fine. The dining room was fine too. I don't have any elaborate words for it, but everything was fine, and I don't have any complaints. My mom stayed pretty isolated, and she didn't participate in anything there. I was really impressed with the director. I thought he was really nice, and he seemed to care deeply for the people there.

February 10, 2015

It is really nice; they had more than one meal a day, but the only thing I didn’t like is they didn’t have the alert system. It was also expensive. The room had a mini-fridge, the staff was fantastic, and the room was gorgeous.

September 10, 2014

By Caring95201350

I was very impressed. They were very personable, and I happened to know the marketing person there so I already had a relationship with someone in that building. The accommodations were nice, and I think they would have work just fine if my parents were ready to do this. The dining room was lovely, but I did not try the food.

August 31, 2014

It was great, but the level of care that they were able to offer was not as high as what my mother needs. They were very nice. They were really good. The rooms were actually bigger than where's my mom's at. They were designed probably more for independent living than for assisted living. That was nice but there was a lot of distance between the rooms and where the activities were held and for assisted living, that wasn't ideal. However, the apartments were very nice, even the studio apartments were good. We ate there. The dining area was very nice. The only person we interacted with was the person in charge of sales, she was wonderful. She was really, really nice. We like her a lot.

January 31, 2014

I was happy with my visit. The facility was clean. The staff was great and helpful. The room was adequate. They had a large community room with TV, which was nice. They gave me a print out of calendar of their activities. However, they were out of my budget. But I would recommend it to others who could afford it.

July 31, 2013

By Jenny6

It was fairly spread out facility and it had an apartment complex feeling. They had different exercises and services. The dining room was nice, and I would recommend the community to others.

July 31, 2013

By arisaidh

My visit to Emeritus at Pleasant Hill was very nice. The young woman that I talked with was very informative and empathetic. I was the only person she had to deal with all day long. She didn't hurry me up or make me feel that she had to talk to anybody else. I felt like I could stay all day long and that would have been fine with her as she would have kept talking to me. I also met Heather from the memory center. She was very personable, empathetic and tells me what they'll do if my mom went there. The rooms looked like studio apartments and were nice. They were well kept and well maintained. They had a bus that took the residents to grocery stores once a week. I saw several women playing bridge. Every woman that I saw were well cared for. Their hair were done and they were dressed nicely. It was really obvious that the people who worked there gave importance to them. I would recommend them to others. My only concern was that when my mom took her car, she would have to walk a distance to go to the door.

Independent Living Reviews for Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

September 11, 2014

By Kay30

My mother-in-law chose it because it was in her price range, she liked it, and it was close to the hospital and doctors she goes to. She liked what they told her about the place and the rooms. I know they have an exercise class, Bible studies, and they take them to places. The downside is they have no visitor parking. There are nice people there, and they are very attentive when my mother-in-law has questions, and when she had concerns like helping her to get all the paperwork done to move in. We can come and visit anytime we want.

November 21, 2013

By Evie3

It is a very nice place. My dad is happy there. The staff is very pleasant, outgoing and nice. They’re very generous, professional and knowledgeable too. They’re great in escorting him to places he needs to go. I’m very satisfied with the service. He gets his meals, there’s a car service, and they take them to doctors, outings and places about nature. There’s a lot of stretching classes too. I’m happy with him there.

August 21, 2013

We went for a visit and it was a very clean facility. The staff were very friendly and the food was very good. The rooms were average.

Questions about Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 70's and up. We are proud to serve several residents 100+ years old. Assisted Living residents are able to enjoy activities in both assisted living as well as independent living. Some of the favorites are B-fit exercise programming, happy hour, card groups, entertainment, outings and religious services.

What programs or activities does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Outings, exercise, arts and crafts, entertainment, men's club, religious services, pet therapy, multiple card groups, book club, bingo etc

What places are near Vitality Living Pleasant Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Conveniently located close to major roadways yet in a residential area. Bus transportation allow residents access to many shopping venues and entertainment options.

What transportation services does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation is provided.

What makes the chef or dining program at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Three meals served restaurant style in our homelike assisted living dining room. We can meet most special diet considerations with low sodium and sugar free options.

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offer to assisted living residents?

All side entrances are locked at all times.

How does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular careplan meetings and scheduled family nights. We encourage families to reach out to leadership team whenever there is a need or a question.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills during daytime and nighttime hours?

At minimum, we staff according to state regulations. Due to our unique care rate system, staffing ratios will increase as care needs increase.

If Vitality Living Pleasant Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes. Smal pets are welcomed with a pet deposit and monthly fee.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale is proud of our ongoing training required by associates on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 70's and up. We are proud to serve several residents 100+ years old. Some of the favorites are B-fit exercise programming, happy hour, card groups, entertainment, outings and religious services.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There is a variety of shopping options in close proximity to the community as well as doctors' office and healthcare professionals.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills has organized?

Local restaurants, theatre, musuems, parks, etc.

What transportation services does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled transportation is provided.

What makes the chef or dining program at Vitality Living Pleasant Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Residents enjoy a hearty breakfast and lunch each day in our spacious, inviting dining room. Dinner options are available as carry out for a small fee.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Beautiful library, theater room, fitness center, ample outdoor sitting areas including a gazebo and patio options, beauty shop, etc

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offer to independent living residents?

All side entrances are locked 24/7.

Does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes. Please discuss needs for resources with the sales team.

What safety features or security measures does Vitality Living Pleasant Hills provide to protect residents who wander?

We partner with our sister community that offers memory care if wandering becomes a safety concern.

Costs for Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

• State Licenses: # 083

• Independent Living Starting At: $1995/month
  • Get Costs

About Vitality Living Pleasant Hills

You’ll find us nestled in a scenic residential area in the hills of West Little Rock, Arkansas. Residents here enjoy sights of the Arkansas River, events at the Reynolds Senior Center, local restaurants, and several shopping venues including Promenade at Chenal, The Outlets of Little Rock, and Bass Pro Shops. Your future favorite trips might include surrounding attractions like the Clinton Library, the Robinson Theater, and the Arkansas Arts Center.

Vitality is your premier choice for senior living in Little Rock. Vitality Living Pleasant Hills offers a variety of living options: independent living cottages and apartments and assisted living apartments. You bring the love, and we will take care of the rest. Spend time enjoying life again. Your life, your choice!

Map of Vitality Living Pleasant Hills