Morningside in the West End

Reviews of Morningside in the West End

Assisted Living Reviews for Morningside in the West End

August 31, 2015

By Caring107832050

Morningside in the West End wasn't that big. It was just a two-storey building, and it was very nice and very clean. They had wide hallways, but I didn't really get that homey feeling from it. It was lunchtime, and there were a few people in the dining hall who were mostly asleep at the dining table. I didn't see any of the residents out doing anything. There were no activities going on at the time that I went by. The staff was very friendly, and all that I talked to were very nice. It was a good place; however, the feeling I got whether my uncle would be happy there would be a 4.

August 13, 2015

By Jane111800650

Morningside was really nice. The staff was very warm and friendly. They knew all the residents that we saw on the tour by name, so that was kind of nice. It was totally an assisted place. It was smaller, and the rooms were very smaller, but everything was really nice. I saw the dining area, and I saw some people eating. It looked like they had really good food. They provided transportation to doctors' appointments. The place was very nice. It was warm and inviting.

January 18, 2015

By Ruth49

The people at Morningside in the West End were friendly when I visited. They spoke to all the residents. The facility looked nice and clean. This one had an outside yard that residents could go and sit outside, and that would be important to my dad when the weather gets better. They had planned activities also. Overall, I was impressed with it.

December 17, 2014

By Lynne17

At Morningside in the West End, the staff was very helpful. It had a nice entrance with a piano and a foyer that we enjoyed, and the rooms were spacious. It was actually an upscale facility, and we felt that it offered more than what my father needed. The dining room was nice and homey. I thought it was an attractive and clean facility, and I liked the central courtyard that they had.

July 31, 2014

By Caring92066950

Morningside was a lovely community. I think by far, it had the most beautiful facilities. It was very clean and very updated. Their front office staff was very friendly; however, it bothered me that the sales coordinator didn't seem to greet any of the residents by name. I think he was more of an office person. I didn't get the feeling that everybody knew the residents and that's kind of important. I felt that was lacking. Also I felt like the feedback I had gotten from other people was not as positive. However, the facility was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful. The one they have that I have never seen before is that it is a two-story building and it is built in a square. There is a completely enclosed courtyard in the middle, so everybody has a view out their window. The downstairs units that are on the courtyard actually have a screened-in door that they can walk right outside the middle, but it is enclosed, they can't go anywhere else. That courtyard looked gorgeous.

May 29, 2014

We have an out-of-the-family guardian who selected Morningside for my father. This is a very conveniently located facility. The rooms were fine. The staff was very good. However, I would say that people should ask what we didn't ask - what the ratio of staff to the residents was. They have less staff on the weekends. My father is limited in mobility, so he doesn't participate in very many things, but he does go out to meals.

April 30, 2013

By Carmela2

We chose this facility because of the combination of the location, layout of the facility and the staff. The food is very good. The staff, particularly the director of nursing and the director of the dementia unit where my father is, I was really impressed with both of them. He stayed in a room with a bed, dresser, chest of drawers, a few chairs, a closet and a bathroom. It's a little smaller than some of the other ones I looked at but it was clean and I didn't get a smell. Even though the other ones appeared to be clean, sometimes there would be an odor. It seems to be, on the number of residents that they have that they're a little short staffed and should have more staff available.

May 29, 2012

By JWS001

My personal experience with this facility was great. My Grandmother was placed in this home in 2010 and we hardly heard her complain. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. There were a few maintenance issues which I cannot recall anymore but I do remember they took a little longer than expected to be fixed. The nurses were great and really knew what they were talking about. My Grandmother liked it enough to stay for two years until relocating out of state.

Memory Care Reviews for Morningside in the West End

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• About Morningside in the West End

With 6 levels of care tailored to our residents needs, Morningside in the West End Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Care offers Five Star service in a family-like atmosphere. For more than 10 years, we have helped seniors transition from living alone to our beautiful retirement community, giving them a less challenging living environment and enabling peace of mind. Along with assisted living, we also offer a special memory impairment neighborhood called "Bridge to Rediscovery."

Our staff is available 24 hours a day / seven days a week, helping with meal preparation and medication supervision.

Stop by today to see how our residents enjoy the quality care they have come to expect over the years, and why they call Morningisde in the West End home.

Assisted Living

Assisted living residents are those who do not need skilled nursing care, but may need assistance with some aspects of daily life. This can include personal care such as dressing and grooming, monitoring of health, safety, and overall well-being, coordination of outside health care providers, assistance with medication, companionship, and more.

Our assisted living residents at Morningisde in the West End live in their own private apartment within our community so that they have the support and services they need, while continuing to be as independent and active as possible.

Map of Morningside in the West End