Brighter Living Assisted Living

Reviews of Brighter Living Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighter Living Assisted Living

August 23, 2012

By JazzyLady202

I visited a relative of mine at this nursing facility and was shocked at how clean it was. The people that worked there are so caring towards my loved one and so helpful to me when I came to visit the first time. They invited me to stay and have lunch with my relative and set me up in the private dining area so I got to really visit with her and enjoy a wonderful meal. When I start looking for a nursing home, I'm gonna start my search at Brighter Living.

June 29, 2012

By cgrand93

When my parents told me that my grandmother would be moved from her home in Petersburg, Virginia to Brighter Living Assisted Living I was torn. The facility is actually closer to my house so I would be able to visit her more often as she became more and more ill, but the fact of leaving my close relative in the care of strangers made me sick to my stomach. Initially, the staff at Brighter Living put my and my family's minds at ease. They assured us that my grandmother would be well taken care of, looked after as if she was family. They stressed that they were a family, and residents were treated that way. Then, I felt a safe and comfortable as I could leaving her there. Weeks and months later, their attitudes seemed to shift. My grandmother was no longer a welcomed family member, but to me it seemed like she was a bother to them. She even told me she felt that way herself once. This made me angry and upset; I felt lied to. I'm not saying that my grandmother was physically abused or anything, certainly that wasn't my experience, but she was not welcomed.

June 26, 2012

By MsBarton4

When I first Visit the Brighter Living I was amazed how beautiful the inside was and how big the facility is. Some of the staff members were very nice in person compared to over the phone when i would call for my grandmother. I learned that brighter living has transportation for there residents, which i loved. Residents are able to go to the shopping center and shop. I like that the facility provides meals, the residents can dine with each other or alone if they like which is a plus for me because i know my grandmother likes to be alone some times. I like that they have Social activities also i came in everyone was playing BINGO. I like they have a 24 hour staff, and emergency kits if needed. The residents Rooms are a nice size, i think they are perfect for residents who aren't capable of doing too much. The pricing of this facility is not as expensive as most assisted living facilities. The only bad thing is the place is very far from family and I would rather have my grandmother closer. I do like when the nurses call me and inform me of how my grandmother is doing and how her behavior is. I like that they do inform me when her medication is being changed and when her doctor appointments are.

About Brighter Living Assisted Living

Brighter Living Assisted Living is a senior living provider in Hopewell, Virginia that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Brighter Living Assisted Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brighter Living Assisted Living