Hazelwood Community Apartments

Reviews of Hazelwood Community Apartments

Independent Living Reviews for Hazelwood Community Apartments

July 10, 2019

By Sally

The Hazelwood was very nice and would have been our second choice. The atmosphere was very pleasant and nice. The surrounding area outside of the community was a pretty precarious area. It's a little dangerous if you go outside on the main street because there's a lot of homeless. The staff who helped me with the tour was very pleasant, and the rooms were nice. The rooms had a patio which my mom likes, but they didn't have an overhang so you'd have to get your own for that. They had security because when you go into the place, it's down an alley, and they also have a secured garage port. When I was there, one of the ladies was complaining that there are people outside that looked like they were stripping a brand-new car, so that was concerning. Their dining area is a very nice facility, and it's a restaurant style just like all the senior places I've visited.

August 16, 2016

By Patricia636481

I’ve been to Hazelwood before, and it’s very nice. They have a gym and do a lot of bus trips to different places like the grocery store and doctors' offices. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford it.

March 08, 2016

By Arlene18

Hazelwood felt better for my needs. I chose a large, clean two-bedroom apartment.

June 26, 2013

By Helen16

The environment is outstanding and I liked the friendliness of the people and the freedom they have to walk around the place.

Questions about Hazelwood Community Apartments

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Hazelwood Community Apartments. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 62+ and/or disabled community with a wide variety of residents with varied interests. Our library is heavily frequented, scrabble and bingo are the games of choice, and you will always see friendly residents out and about walking the property with their neighbors.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are within walking distance of Walgreens, we sit atop Glisan Street Station mini mall, so there is food, salons, Dentist, Veterinarian and shopping out your back door.

What transportation services does Hazelwood Community Apartments offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation to medically related activities and appointments

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large Library Space, a Hair Salon, Puzzle Lobby, Putt Putt Golf, Shuffle Board, Gardening Pots, Community Decks, Exercise Room, and a Large Activity Room equipped with a pool table, TV, and piano.

What safety features or security measures does Hazelwood Community Apartments offer to independent living residents?

We have Camera systems, and are a gated community with only authorized access

If Hazelwood Community Apartments accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have a beautiful walking area behind the community for animals and their owners to walk and enjoy

Does Hazelwood Community Apartments work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have many residents that use multiple services through various agencies. We have partnered with Assisting Hands who have been a wonderful addition to our community network and are a great agency that can provide a wide variety of care needs to any resident that should find themselves needing a little extra assistance.

Costs for Hazelwood Community Apartments

Photos of Hazelwood Community Apartments

Services and Amenities of Hazelwood Community Apartments

• Get Costs

About Hazelwood Community Apartments

The Hazelwood Retirement Community empowers you to live life to the fullest! As our resident, you can choose your own level of independence. Whether you like to walk for fitness or play cards to keep your competitive edge, our community provides the setting to experience it all at a price you can afford!

• Fitness Room/Gym