Parkrose Chateau

Offers Independent Living

3141 NE 148th Ave, Portland, OR 97230
Parkrose Chateau (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Red Tag Special! Reduced rates on select apartments for new leases sign and move in by February 28th. Ask for details during your tour!

Reviews of Parkrose Chateau

Independent Living Reviews for Parkrose Chateau

May 31, 2017

By darrelyn

Parkrose Chateau is really cute and quaint. It was a little too expensive for my grandmother. We checked different rooms -- ones with a kitchen and ones with outside doors. Their representative was really great -- perfect person showing the place and all. The place is not so big. There were not too many people. I actually am looking forward to hitting 55 and going to move in there. I don't have to worry about anything.

March 07, 2017

By Judy781474

When we went to Parkrose Chateau, they were able to show us the apartment, and the rooms were a good size. They seemed perfect. The staff was very nice. The dining area is very nice, and they don't have any assigned seats. I was able to eat there, and the food is OK. I also saw some activities going on.

November 21, 2016

By Mira761668

We visited Parkrose Chateau, and we didn’t like it at all. The rooms were nice, but the food that they served for lunch was horrible. Everybody sat at the same time. It took us 2 hours to eat lunch because the service was slow, and the menu was very mediocre. The dining area was one large room. However, the residents sat at the same time. It was noisy at the dining room. The staff was very nice.

Hi Mira761668, we appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. We also appreciate your very kind words around our nice, clean rooms. The staff at Parkrose Chateau takes our reviews very seriously, and we really appreciate when folks reach out to share their thoughts and experiences with us after a tour. We also appreciate you taking the time to visit, and wish you a positive experience and the very best of luck in your search! Let us know if we can ever be of any assistance to you, or help answer any questions you may have in your search!

October 20, 2016

By Elena283255

I visited Parkrose Chateau. They were very friendly. I liked everything. I liked the clean environment. The food was wonderful. They were very attentive. The security was good. I thought price wise, it was really very affordable. They were multiple activities that people could take advantage of. They had spiritual leader. They had pianists, entertainments, and outings or field trips to the casinos and shopping. They also had a shuttle for doctor’s appointment. They really were well taken care of. You would be familiar with everybody because it was not crowded. You could have pets, and that was another plus. Location wise, it was very convenient.

September 30, 2016

By Suzy422140

Parkrose Chateau is very nice, and when you drive in, there’s an open atrium. When you walk in, there’s beautiful carpeting, and chandeliers up in the hall. They have very nice people. The room was a bit smaller, but it had a big window, one big wall to wall closet, a nice big bathroom, and a lot of cupboards. There was a theater there, some activities, and a sale going on.

August 22, 2016

By Karen178101

Parkrose Chateau was very nice. I like the idea of independent living all the way up to, heaven forbid, nursing care. The grounds were beautiful, and the staff seemed friendly. We didn't eat, but the menu looked delicious. The residents looked happy. It's a place I could call home. They have some exercise programs, outings, newspapers to read, movies, and companionship.

July 01, 2016

By Renee545777

We went to Parkrose Chateau. It was really great. One of the things I liked was that it was close to my mom’s current home. It was very pretty. The facilitator was really nice, and the people were friendly, and some of them talked to Mom. We’re actually considering it. The price was good, very competitive, and on the lower end of the ones that we were looking at.

May 22, 2016

By KathyUJPYE

I am living in Parkrose Chateau, an independent senior living with different apartments. I have a nice big one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchenette. The facility has a huge dining room that serves good meals. I have only been here for 10 days, so it very new as I get accustomed to the place. The residents are very nice.

May 17, 2016

By Happy VisitorNWGLE

Parkrose was nice and clean. The people were pleasant and very helpful.

May 12, 2016

By G.KYFRAU

Everybody was nice at Parkrose. They had an exercise room, a nice place to read, and a place for smoking outside. The studio rooms were nice.

February 02, 2016

By kayakjohn

Very nice facility and good food. The location isn't very handy.

December 16, 2015

I went to Parkrose Chateau. It was a very fine place. I met with one of the sales people who showed me around and explained how things were working. She was very kind and very helpful. I had a fine lunch. The facility had nice landscapes. I didn’t see many activities of a physical nature, but they seemed to have a room or two where they do activities.

August 27, 2015

By Joanne47

Parkrose Chateau was absolutely beautiful, and everyone would probably go out of their way to make you feel very comfortable. I just went and looked at the rooms there, and they were very spacious.

March 07, 2015

I chose Parkrose Chateau because it was friendly as well as the residents. They were outgoing, and the food was great. I had two meals there, and it is a good home.

November 05, 2014

By Caring91956450

She has already moved into Parkrose Chateau. She felt that it was the coziest. She liked the people that lived there. It’s clean, it’s comfortable, and it seems to be well run. They have games and outings. The staff is very nice. Everybody has been very pleasant.

August 28, 2014

By schwarze77

The cottages at Parkrose Chateau are like large condominiums and they are very, very nice. They are obviously set up for affluent customers. The facility is very clean and the landscaping is very nice. They have a very elaborate social schedule, and an exercise and gym-like area. They also have a game area and a library. I am rating them lower because they are not within my financial means, but I would recommend them if people have the money.

June 10, 2014

By Mr C

She moved in at Parkrose Chateau just before Easter. This is in Portland. She wanted a place that was multi-cultural. She also found out that the church nearby that she likes to attend has a more diverse multi-cultural population. A lot of the people in Salem tend to be conservative, and she has more liberal progress in mind. Salem had 5 days a week bus service, whereas Portland has 7 days. She also enjoys the senior center that they have there. She likes the alternative of taking the in-house activities and meeting new people from the outside. They encourage activities that are not passive, like current events, yoga, tai chi, and Scrabble. Carmela has a vulnerability to falling, and they include a necklace where if you fall you can push the button and get help. She has a studio apartment; she’s paying $1500 for rent now, which is good for a studio.

May 29, 2014

With regards to Parkrose Chateau, I like its location and their rooms. I would recommend this place. They contact me still every week and send me invitations to come to their activities. They have a lot of musical people who come in and entertain their residents. They have happy hour, beanbag baseball, and yoga classes. However, they're probably a little more expensive than I want it to be.

Costs for Parkrose Chateau

Photos of Parkrose Chateau

Services and Amenities of Parkrose Chateau

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Parkrose Chateau

Parkrose Chateau is located in Portland, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Parkrose Chateau for a visit...and stay!

Map of Parkrose Chateau