Cascade Inn

Reviews of Cascade Inn

Assisted Living Reviews for Cascade Inn

May 12, 2016

By PriscillaSAWDJ

Cascade Inn wasn’t as clean as the other facility I visited. The floor needed to be vacuumed. They had a list of activities. It was bigger and more hospital-like.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and review Cascade Inn. We are sorry to hear that the floor needed vacuuming. Our housekeeping team ensures the entryways, hallways and the resident’s rooms are always clean and well taken care of. I will work with our housekeeping team to see what more can be done in higher traffic areas. It is delightful that you were able to view a full complement of activities, our Activities Director is always searching for life enrichment opportunities for our residents. Here at Cascade Inn, our number one priority is the care and comfort for our residents, and we are glad you toured and wish you the best of luck with finding a community that fits your needs.

March 30, 2016

By Donna122818450

We chose Cascade Inn because they just seemed very caring and offered more help than the others. They were also helping us file for a VA benefit, if my husband was eligible for it. It was independent, but we had the option of going to assisted, if my husband's health got worst. I chose Cascade because once you were a part of that community and ended up graduating to the assisted living, you did not have to change apartments. You could stay where you were, which was pretty huge. We were actually very excited about moving there.

December 29, 2015

By Satisfied visitor3

We chose the Cascade Inn. They have an excellent sales representative who does the tour and fills you in on all of the things they have to offer, as well as compares everything they have to offer with other facilities. Other facilities are newer and flashier, but they cost a whole lot more and don't take Medicaid. If you go in as independent living, most of the places require you to change rooms when you transition to assistance. This place does not require that you change rooms unless you want to; you can go there and die in the same room. Other places look like five-star hotels; this place is much more like home. It's not classy nor fancy and doesn't have super high ceilings. They have wonderful menus with lots of choices. We didn't eat there, but the menu was better than other places. The staff seemed very personable. It offered everything that we were looking for in one place. It's an older facility, so the rooms are smaller than some of the other more expensive ones, but my mother's not going to care. This place offers a few exercise classes, they don't have a pool, and their theater is a lot smaller, but they do offer everything my mother is going to need.

November 11, 2015

By Larry111608350

We visited Cascade Inn. The people there were really helpful during our discussion. The residents that I saw walking around looked good and healthy.

July 28, 2015

My experience with Cascade Inn in the beginning was very good. As of right now, we do have some issues, but they're working them out. The rooms and apartments are nice. They're open, spacious, and very clean. We like the rooms very much. The food is really good too. They're very professional, very good, and very intuitive. They have group activities, they get to go on field trips, they go to the doctor, and they have group gatherings in all other places like piano forums and things like that. What they could improve on though is communication with the family members. Nevertheless, what impressed me most is how speedy and well they got us into the facility. They helped my parents got in.

May 29, 2015

By Troy4

Cascade Inn was well run, and the people were so friendly. We saw three different rooms with different sizes -- two studios and a one-bedroom. They were all very well equipped, and they showed what the possibilities were for furniture. They were really nice and clean. One set had a large bathroom where wheelchairs could go in to the shower. They had tons of choices for any kind of meal plan plus specials for the day, and they had diabetic menus. They had a movie theater inside which was well equipped. They had games, and there was bean bag baseball going on when we were there.

March 19, 2015

Cascade Inn is well, the prices were reasonable, and they had a lot of activities, so the people seemed to be happy there. They were pleasant, and I really didn’t have any negative things to say about them. They had rides to doctors and all that kind of stuff. I like it particularly because of where it was located, it was a walking distance to shopping areas, and they also had an extra large studio. They were the only ones that had an extra large studio apartment. They have exercise, game rooms, and party rooms. I would recommend the place.

October 16, 2014

By Connie38

I was very impressed with Cascade, even now they send us activity charts for the month and have invited us to come to play bingo or particular activity or taking a trip with their bus anytime and go with them. The director who was giving us the tour was very nice and friendly. I would recommend this community.

October 02, 2014

We found a place for a good friend. It is called Cascade Inn. It is a very nice place. She lived there once before with her husband, and she liked it, but he wanted to go home, so they moved out. She moved back in there because she liked it before. They take good care of her. They are very attentive to her. They have nurses there 24/7. It is a nice place. It has activities. They serve three meals a day. I recommend this place to anybody.

August 31, 2014

We chose Cascade Inn because they take Medicaid. Also, the residents don't have to move when they graduate them from independent living to assisted living. They do have activities and I have seen the monthly calendars. She has gone to a couple of things. However, I have several issues with the staff. It's their training and their procedure. Regarding cleanliness, it is very good. However, I think their rooms are not made for those with mobility issues, i.e., getting walkers through doorways and the width of the hall in the room is too small. Apparently, her aluminum walker was also unable to get through the doorway, so it puts her at risk for a fall. I have been there for meals as well. They have a four-week rotation menu. Unfortunately, they use a lot of pre-processed frozen items, so they have a lot of salt and sodium issues. They did make a change after she moved in, to include "items" that the residents can always order if they don't want what the main offering is. However, they're not very good at estimating how many of the residents are going to want "X" and how many are going to want "Y," or how many are going to come to the meals because they frequently run out of something. The Cascade Inn is more interested in looking at their process and procedures than the needs the residents they have. The quantities of food for example, have been drastically reduced. They have had no special training in dementia, which impacts a lot of residents.

Thank you for your recent review of Cascade Inn. Our resident and family input is highly regarded and very important to all of us at Koelsch Senior Living communities. We are delighted to hear that your relative at Cascade Inn is enjoying the lifestyle and activities in our community. The safety of our residents is of the utmost concern at Cascade Inn and although our doorways and community entry points are well within safety and industry standards, we are considering future renovations to facilitate ease of mobility for residents who are using mobility devices. Because memory care is such an important aspect of Cascade Inn and Koelsch Senior Communities, all of our caregivers are qualified in specialty Dementia training within 90 days of employment and are required to have 12 hours of continuing education every year.

We understand that mealtime is an important part of the day for all of our residents at Cascade Inn. That is why we offer a full menu at each meal with eight delicious entrées to choose from. With all the selections we offer, we are improving daily on quantities available as we learn the specific food preferences of our resident ‘family members’. Just like ‘home’, the majority of our meals are made from ‘scratch’ while others are healthy selections from selective outside sources. We always welcome healthy suggestions and opportunities to make mealtime an enjoyable experience for everyone. Cascade Inn is passionate about serving our residents and family members with excellence in services and care and are honored with the opportunity to serve them.

Independent Living Reviews for Cascade Inn

Costs for Cascade Inn

Photos of Cascade Inn

Services and Amenities of Cascade Inn

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Cascade Inn

cascadeinnwashington.com

Cascade Inn is situated in a peaceful neighborhood in Vancouver, Washington. This oldest city in the state is steeped in history and its location on the Columbia River offers a range of activities and beautiful outings. Cascade Inn is within walking distance to vibrant shopping centers and is 5 minutes from the Portland International Airport and easy access to the interstate. Cascade Inn offers residents convenience, social opportunities, a pleasant environment, as well as extensive recreational and cultural options.

Our trained and tenured staff is here to serve the many differing needs of our residents, promoting creative thinking and learning, with patience, kindness and, above all, compassion. The later years of life can bring many joys and many challenges. We are committed to making these precious years fulfilling and enjoyable. And we will do this through our founding principles of excellent care and service.

The Freedom to Live as You Choose-In the Area you Know and Love

Whether you are looking for an independent lifestyle with help available as needed, or need regular assistance with the activities of daily living, Cascade Inn can provide the finest environment for senior assisted living. Our professional staff and 24/7 nursing team is passionate about caring for our senior population at every level of the aging process. We hold ourselves to high principles, working with each resident to create an environment and support that satisfies their specific needs. With vibrant activities every day, a pet friendly environment and a professional, dedicated team, Cascade Inn facilitates an independent lifestyle with support at every level. We take pride in our family serving yours.

Signature Programs

24-Hour Nursing

When you look for a senior care community to take care of your loved one, it is important to consider how their health needs will be taken care of and how qualified their staff is. At Cascade Inn, we have registered nurses or licensed nurses 24 hours and 7 days a week who are professionally trained to support residents with Assisted Living and Memory Care needs. Cascade Inn recognizes the complex and frail health conditions that many residents are experiencing and we believe our number one priority is caring for our residents with the highest level of care and professionalism.

Diabetic Care

At Cascade Inn, we’re committed to helping our residents live healthier and enriched lives with diabetes. Our team of professional nurses and staff members are trained in diabetic protocol and are efficient in identifying and responding to diabetic reactions.

We offer Rent Lock for Life; you will save money and know exactly what your expenses will be. We offer 24/7 on-site nursing.

Map of Cascade Inn