Cogir of Vancouver

Reviews of Cogir of Vancouver

Assisted Living Reviews for Cogir of Vancouver

July 15, 2021

By JC

Cogir of Vancouver was wonderful; I like them. We had chosen that one for my father and my mom to live in, they had a 2-bedroom, but unfortunately, my father passed away right as we were moving. I love the management there, they're just fabulous people. I like the care of the management; I think that's a big deal. Also, it feels like a wonderful place for people who want to not just sit in their rooms, it feels almost like a hotel to me. It's awesome. They have a nice restaurant, they have events, I think it's well-done. They offered us a meal when I brought my dad, this time since we had been there before. The first time I went there they had lunch so that my parents could see it together and it was very, very nice. I thought the food was great.

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. We were so sorry that we were never able to have your parents here with us but appreciate the confidence you placed with us. We are always grateful to have the opportunity to sit down and help families find solutions for their loved ones. Thank you again!

January 13, 2021

By Peggy

We really love Cogir of Vancouver Senior Living. They're wonderful and we would have placed my mother-in-law there. We would highly recommend them. They were very accommodating, they took their time it was a very good experience. We thought the atmosphere was nice and they just looked like a really nice place to have her go. The staff is very nice they listened, and they were very knowledgeable. It didn't feel at all like a nursing home, the dining room had really tall ceilings it looked like a vacation place they have a big fireplace, and they have a lot of different options for food. The rooms were actually bigger than the other places we looked at, and I think she would have been happy there.

Hi Peggy, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us this detailed review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and recommendation.

October 05, 2020

By Sandy

My dad moved into Cogir of Vancouver Senior Living. I think he's OK with the food. The dining area is more like a nice restaurant. The rooms have high ceilings, lots of light, a nice kitchen area, plenty of room, and he's in a studio apartment. It's a very good value.

Hi Sandy! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us 4 out of 5 stars - what can we do to make it a 5 Star experience for you? Let me know your dad's thoughts about the food, we are always striving to be the best we can be and your feedback is very important to us. As we open up more since the shelter in place, and we can begin to get Covid behind us, our full service dining will come back into place and our selection will be greater than what it is now. So please be patient with us, we are wanting to get back to our normal great dining experience. If you have any other concerns please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you again for your wonderful review, we are so happy your father is in our happy home!

February 14, 2018

By Janet

My mother has Ahlzeimer's, and the reason we chose Brookdale Vancouver Orchards was because it's quieter and easier for her. There are only three stories with different levels of care, and it's easy to find areas like the dining room. Everybody is very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Even the residents are very friendly and all come up to greet you. We love it here and recommend them. She has a large one-bedroom apartment with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, with a balcony, and a view. The rate is cheaper compared to the other place we looked at. The food is available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., but soup and salad bar are open all day. You can also go in and order breakfast, lunch, and dinner between those times.

May 08, 2017

By John211311

Brookdale Vancouver Orchards was very clean and very spacious. Everybody seemed happy, and we thought it was a good place. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were bright, clean, and spacious.

January 08, 2016

By lettingyouknow

Other

This place was great before Brookdale took over at the beginning of 2014. The new company has really ruined this place. It looks great from the outside but inside it's imploding. Brookdale treats it's employees worse than Walmart and is run by a top heavy, penny pinching management that could care less about it's staff and residents. Because of Brookdale this building has lost over half it's staff and they can't find anyone willing to work there. This company keeps raising the already outrageous rent here, while none of it goes to its employees or fixing the many problems this building has. All Brookdale cares about is taking as much of your money as possible, while underpaying and mistreating their employees -- leaving your loved ones needs overlooked and neglected.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents and associates are our first priority. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 09, 2015

By Lynn115657250

My husband is at Brookdale Vancouver Orchards. It goes from independent living to assisted living, then it has a 20-bed memory care locked facility. They have four private rooms and 16 semi-privates. It’s very nice and very clean. There have been some issues related to his medications, so we’ve had a rough couple of weeks getting his meds straightened again, but their caregivers are mostly really good. There’s one or two staff members that this isn't best job suited for them, but in general, he gets very good care. I have been with him at lunch and dinner; it is good food with selections. They have a wonderful activity director. She’s there four days a week and takes them on outings. She does lots of stuff with them and has a wonderful personality. She’s perfect for these people and always has a smile on her face. I’ve been very impressed with how she is with the residents. The room is fine; it’s semi-private, and we were able to take his own furnishings there like his own rocking chair that he had at home that he sits and looks out onto the garden in through the picture window. They encourage them not to spend a lot of time in their rooms. They have a very large family room that has lots of couches and chairs including the lift chairs if they should need them. I’m happy with it.

October 16, 2015

We visited Brookdale Vancouver Orchards (Formerly Emeritus at Orchards Village), and it was very nice. The rooms were clean and small. The staff was very good.

August 05, 2015

Brookdale Vancouver was nice with nice little apartments. The staff was very nice and helpful. They have entertainment, exercise rooms, sitting areas, and a beauty shop. The atmosphere was very relaxed, but it was expensive

July 08, 2015

By perentsarehappy

My parents live here. They moved 2 years ago. My mom;s health and memory has greatly improved. She enjoys activities daily. My father is a leader now among the residents. He has resurrected the newsletter and shows a movie series every Saturday evening. They are so busy and happy they rarely answer their phone, The food is super good. I eat with them every Tuesday after a meeting I have there weekly. I am so happy they have found peace and happiness here. The staff are incredible and my parents are so happy!

March 19, 2015

When I got to Brookdale, it was happy hour on Christmas, and they were having a good time. It looked like a really fun place. My daughter was with me, and she liked that one the best. Everybody is having such a good time, they have entertainment going on. That was what I like the best about that particular place. They had an extra storage closet, which I thought was good. I liked their studio apartments; it seemed to be fairly good at 410sq. feet. It had this extra walk-in storage closet in addition to the clothes closet, which was nice. It had a little kitchenette. They have exercise, game rooms, and party rooms.

December 29, 2014

By Calvin4

I was very impressed with Brookdale facilities and the personnel. The person who showed us around was extremely helpful and very insightful. I was very impressed with the rooms, the dining is like a restaurant, and their grounds were very clean and well-kept. They have bingo.

October 16, 2014

By Connie38

Orchard Village was wonderful, bright, and clean. People seemed to be very friendly and engaging; I was very impressed. The dining room was wonderful, open from 7 in the morning until 7 at night and you could go anytime between. They had two trays that you could choose from during the meal time and they also had a salad bar that you could help yourself from. They have waiters and waitresses take your order. They invited us for lunch, and the food was good.

February 28, 2014

By Kim47

I like Emeritus at Orchards Village a lot. The layout was good. It kind of bordered a little bit on the big side and it also was very cozy. It looked like a lodge in the woods. The ambience of it wasn't like a medical facility or anything. This facility was able to accommodate a two-person assist that we like for my mother. They actually did a trial with my mom to see if she was a one-person assist or a two-person assist. They also had a memory care case my mother deteriorates even more. I was trying to find a place where I wouldn't need to move her again, so that was the next place that I was thinking that was going to do that. I checked their rooms and I like their sizes. They were very nice. They had washer/dryer in the room, which I thought it was very nice. The food was wonderful when we ate there. We did talk about activities. They did have bingo every night and other activities as well. The staff that I met was very nice. I really did like the facility a lot and it was going to be the place she would move into and may still be someday. They don't have many openings but they have always kept that door for us. They kept in contact with us to make sure she's still okay. I like that that they are giving us that personal attention.

February 27, 2014

By Liz Valentine

I visited Merrill Gardens and it was a cheery place. People working there were very friendly and the residents seemed happy. I thought they had typical activities like they played games and they took them out once a week to the grocery store. I was not sure about the doctor visits, if they transport them. Over all I had a good impression of it.

December 18, 2013

By Marsha10

Mom is now at Merrill Gardens (Orchards Village) and the facility is extremely lovely. I couldn’t say anything negative about it. The staff that I've met have been extremely helpful. I don’t really know much of the activities, but I know they have church, they have games, and they have arts and crafts. It’s been only a month and she has some problems adjusting but it's mainly because she has a mild dementia which was untreated, but I think she gets a little more involved each day. I haven’t eaten there, but the food looks very pleasant. My sister thinks it's wonderful, but my mother doesn’t think the food is very good.

Independent Living Reviews for Cogir of Vancouver

Memory Care Reviews for Cogir of Vancouver

Questions about Cogir of Vancouver

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our care staff are required to have 12 CEUs annually. They receive 8 CEUs in Dementia classes and 8 CEUs in Memory Care.

What programs or activities does Cogir of Vancouver offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide range of activities from Bean Bag Baseball to outings. Cooking demonstrations and family history classes. Crafting to Happy Hours.

What transportation services does Cogir of Vancouver offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation for church services, weekly trips to the store and doctors appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Vancouver exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have any time dining service from 7am until 7pm daily. Our culinary team provides a broad range of options for breakfast lunch and dinner. Included are healthy choice and low sodium options.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Vancouver offer to assisted living residents?

In addition to the emergency pull chords located within the apartments, we also have them strategically placed in the hallways. In addition, we encourage our AL residents to take advantage of our optional pendent service.

If Cogir of Vancouver accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do except dogs and cats. All can enjoy the community excluding the dining room. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and residents must clean up after there pets.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are a 30 minute drive from Portland. Nearby you will find parks, shops, cafes and local grocery stores. We are also just minutes from the Vancouver Mall.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cogir of Vancouver has organized?

What transportation services does Cogir of Vancouver offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cogir of Vancouver exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have any time dining service from 7am until 7pm daily. Our culinary team provides a broad range of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Included are health choice and low sodium options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Residents can enjoy entertainment in our Bistro area for Happy Hours. Residents can also enjoy a conversation in our Fireplace lounge or a nightly movie in the media room.

What safety features or security measures does Cogir of Vancouver offer to independent living residents?

Our front desk is staffed from 8:00am until 6:30pm. After hours all main doors are locked and require a key card to enter.

We are pet friendly and small dogs and cats are more than welcomed in our community. Dogs must be kept on leash at all times and owners must clean up after them. They are welcome in any part of the building with the exception of the dining room.

Does Cogir of Vancouver work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our Director of Nursing (RN) is on site.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have 2 to 3 during the day and swing shift and 3 overnight.

What programs or activities does Cogir of Vancouver offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a dedicated enrichment coordinator that works with our memory care residents. The coordinator puts together a monthly activity calendar that is always working towards engaging the residents from exercise to meditation to working on scrap books and art projects.

This is done by our full time Director of Nursing (RN) every 6 months or after any change of condition.

What techniques does Cogir of Vancouver use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer appropriate diets. We cut food if needed or if someone needs modified textures. We provide oral cues to encourage eating and if necessary provide actual eating assistance.

How does Cogir of Vancouver keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Through care plan reviews with our Director of Nursing. Any urgent or emergency situation is handles appropriately.

Describe the neighborhood around Cogir of Vancouver. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are nestled in a quiet neighborhood setting. Off the main roads lends itself to a "homey" atmosphere for the community.

Is Cogir of Vancouver affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We have two hospitals in Vancouver and work with both extensively.

Costs for Cogir of Vancouver

• Check

• Licenses: Boarding Home License

About Cogir of Vancouver

Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Housekeeping

For seniors needing any level of daily assistance, there are plenty of on-site activities and trips specially geared to your needs and preferences. Eat well, partake in an enriching past-time, and enjoy your comfortable home.

Map of Cogir of Vancouver