38 Assisted Living Facilities near Gresham, OR
Also serving communities of Troutdale.
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gresham area, with 10 in Gresham and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gresham is $3,590 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Camas with an average starting cost of $2,430.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gresham. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gresham 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Happy Valley with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Gresham find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gresham, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Gresham, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gresham
Gresham, the fourth largest city in Oregon, is home to Mount Hood Community College. This institution offers free and discounted classes to seniors age 65 and older.
Area seniors will also find activities and care just for them at any of the 63 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in and around Gresham. These facilities are regulated by the Oregon Department of Human Services. The State of Oregon defines ALFs as those housing six or more seniors in self-contained units.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gresham
- Gresham has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Multnomah County Department of Human Services, an agency that offers a variety of services for residents age 60 and older, as well as a senior center.
- The cost of living in Gresham (and Oregon in general) is significantly higher than in other parts of the United States. Health care and utilities are especially expensive in this area. The overall cost of living in Gresham is 23 percent higher than the national average. This could make living on a fixed income difficult for seniors.
- Gresham has a temperate climate, categorized by warm summers and cool, but not cold, winters. However, the city does get rain, especially from November to February. The average high temperature in Gresham in January is 46 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average high temperature in July is 82 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crime is a concern in Gresham, but it isn't nearly as bad as in other Oregon cities. Overall, the crime rate in Gresham is 10 percent higher than the national average. However, this rate has decreased by 26 percent in recent years, a hopeful sign for area residents.
- Gresham is bisected by both I-84 and US 26, making it easy to get back and forth to Portland. For public transportation, Tri-Met provides scheduled bus service around Gresham and Portland. Seniors, age 65 and older, ride for half fare.
- The Gresham, Oregon area is home to world-class medical facilities including Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gresham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Gresham start around $3,590 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gresham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gresham
Those Gresham, Oregon who meet the eligibility requirements will find several state and federal programs to help with the cost of an ALF, including the Community First Choice Plan (Oregon K Plan), and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gresham
Gresham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gresham, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gresham
Gresham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gresham, OR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gresham
Review of Prestige Senior Living Huntington Terrace
Prestige Senior Living Huntington Terrace was very nice. That would have been our choice. They were very nice and very informative, and we just liked the atmosphere of it. We liked the services, bu... Read more
Review of Courtyard Fountains Senior Living
We visited Courtyard Fountains Senior Living. It's on the top four of our list and it's a great contender. We really liked it. Their services are great and their fees are average. The staff was ver... Read more
Review of Bonaventure of Gresham
Bonaventure of Gresham was absolutely beautiful and very roomy. They had a cafe, a theater, a large spacious game area, a library, and lots of different activities. The rooms were spacious. They ha... Read more