3 Assisted Living Facilities near Sandy, OR
Also serving communities of Estacada.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sandy area, with 2 in Sandy and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sandy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sandy 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sandy, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Sandy, OR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sandy
Surrounded by scenic landscapes, rivers and an abundance of wildlife, Sandy is considered a gateway to Mount Hood. The city has a population of more than 11,000, with 12% of its residents in the senior age demographic. As their needs change, some of these residents may consider the transition to a residential care facility.
The Oregon Department of Human Services licenses two types of residential care: assisted living facilities (ALFs) and residential care facilities (RCFs). In Sandy, seniors have five of these facilities to choose from, both locally and in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sandy
- In addition to its many outdoor recreational opportunities, Sandy has a number of unique shops, local restaurants and cultural attractions for seniors to enjoy, including exhibits and special events at the Sandy Historical Society Museum and theatrical performances at the Sandy Actors Theatre.
- At 124.4, the average cost of living across Oregon is higher than the U.S. national average of 100. The cost of living in Sandy is even higher at an index rating of 134, with the largest contributing factors being housing and transportation costs. This is something seniors living on a limited income may need to consider.
- Seniors may be comforted by Sandy's low crime rates. The city's violent crime is rated 10 and property crime is rated 27.5. These numbers are much lower than the U.S. national rates of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- While the overall climate in Sandy is quite mild throughout the year, winters can be cloudy with a large amount of rainfall. This may be challenging for seniors who enjoy spending their time outdoors.
- Local seniors have access to several transportation options, all provided by Sandy Area Metro (SAM). It operates three fixed routes, a shopping shuttle, STAR Dial-A-Ride on-demand service and Elderly & Disabled (ED) out-of-town medical transportation.
- Sandy has an array of community resources for seniors, including the City of Sandy Community Center, an organization that provides a variety of programming and services for seniors, including meals, health screenings, transportation and social programs, and is the home of the city's Senior Center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sandy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oregon
Assisted Living costs in Sandy start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sandy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sandy
Eligible residents of ALFs and RCFs in Sandy can take advantage of the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver program, through which the state covers the cost of residential care services. The state's Community First Choice Option (K Plan) also helps seniors access federal financial assistance to cover care costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sandy
Sandy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sandy, please visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sandy
Sandy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oregon are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oregon page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sandy
Review of Avamere At Sandy
In July of this year I had to place an elderly aunt into a memory care facility. Being from out of state we were very concerned about finding at minimum a clean place with adequate care. My wife... Read more
Review of Avamere at Cascadia Village
You could not ask for a more compassionate (residents, staff and management) community to be a part of. We looked at so many places for mom to live in, and knew when we walked in the door that thi... Read more
Review of Avamere At Sandy
My mom was a resident of the assisted living side for close to 7 years and then 3 months on the Arbor before her passing in April. On the assisted living side she had a studio apartment which was w... Read more