35 Assisted Living Facilities near Camas, WA
Also serving communities of Washougal, Stevenson.
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Camas area, with 3 in Camas and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Camas is $2,430 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,495.
To help you with your search, browse the 186 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Camas. Better rated regions include Gresham with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Camas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Camas, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Camas
Along the north bank of the Columbia River, Camas, Washington, is part of the Portland, Oregon, metro area. The town can be an attractive option for seniors who love the proximity to Portland, with its many options for entertainment, outdoor activities and cultural enrichment, but like the relaxed pace of a smaller city.
Seniors seeking assisted living have two facilities to choose from in Camas, with 59 more scattered throughout the Portland metro area. In Washington, the Aging and Long-Term Support Administration licenses assisted living facilities, which provide room, board and daily living assistance to residents. In Oregon, the Department of Human Services handles the licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Camas
- Seniors in Camas may need to pay more for assisted living. On a scale representing housing costs, with 100 representing the national average, Camas scores 217. Being close to Portland is nice, but the financial tradeoff may be difficult for some.
- Forest fires in summer can affect the air quality in Camas. To stay safe and healthy, seniors should heed any air quality alerts. Overall, Camas scores 55 out of 100 for its air quality, slightly below the national average of 58.
- Camas gets lots of rain, averaging 50 inches annually, while the nation averages 39 inches. The town sees a mere 143 sunny days per year, while the nationwide average is 205 days. However, many enjoy the fact that Camas averages just 3 inches of snow annually. That, plus January lows of 34 degrees, may make winter excursions tolerable.
- Camas puts up low crime numbers, which may put seniors’ minds at ease. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 representing the highest crime rates, Camas scores 27 for property crime and 22.1 for violent crime. The U.S. averages are 38.1 and 31.1.
- Clark County’s C-TRAN provides public transportation in Camas and surrounding areas. Seniors 65 and older can qualify for discounted fares, and those with disabilities that prevent them from riding the regular bus may qualify for C-VAN, a reservation-based paratransit service. Getting to Portland may be a bit complicated for some seniors, as it can involve multiple bus transfers.
- Seniors may enjoy excursions to downtown Camas, which is tree-lined, cozy and walkable. Vancouver, a Washington city adjacent to Camas, offers local arts and culture resources such as public art galleries, the Clark County Historical Museum and excellent public libraries.
Paying for Assisted Living in Camas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Camas start around $3,060 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Camas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Camas
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Camas
Camas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Camas, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Camas
Camas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Camas
Review of Kent Place
My parents are on the waiting list of Kent Place. The tour that we had was a great tour, they took us around and showed us everything. They also had us stay for dinner, and it was really nice. The ... Read more
Review of Kent Place
I'm pleased with Kent Place. They're taking very good care of my father. The place is clean, beautiful, and friendly. They do a great job with meals, medications, and whatever his needs are. They'r... Read more
Review of Kent Place
I’m living in Kent Place. The staff people are very nice, knowledgeable, and well trained. It’s a nice, clean place, and I think everyone living here is very satisfied. We have all kinds of in-hous... Read more