Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living

Reviews of Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living

Independent Living Reviews for Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living

January 02, 2019

By Katie

I liked Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver. It was a small facility, which was a plus in my book. They had a nice fireplace room. They didn't have nearly as big a library or activity room as others, but it's a lot less expensive. There weren't quite as many amenities. The people couldn't have been nicer. The dining area was very nice. The best thing that they had was very good people. Everybody knows everybody. There's a great focus on interactions. The staff was very caring and great.

February 26, 2018

By Margaret

I visited Kamlu Retirement, and I have a friend there. It's an older facility, very comfortable, and their dining facility is very nice, spacious, and attractive. It's nearby and close to things. The dining staff is helpful, thoughtful, and kind. My friend has a 1-bedroom unit, it's a nice size, they all have windows that look out on nice green spaces, the people are friendly, and they seem to be open to doing things together. My friend really liked living there.

January 18, 2017

By Chris630110

I thought Kamlu Retirement Inn would be perfect for my mother. You can have your own caregivers come in if you want and get services as you need them, so you can stay there for a long time without having to move. The location was fine and near the hospital in the neighborhood. The food was fine and in very small portions, but the elderly don't need much.

June 08, 2016

By Curious Visitor046134

I had a tour at Kamlu Retirement in Vancouver. The place was nice and clean, and the food smelled good. I looked at a small studio room. What I liked best about the place was that everybody was friendly and really care. I just hope they are not that expensive.

May 12, 2016

By PriscillaSAWDJ

Kamlu Retirement was very clean and the décor was nice. The people were friendly, and we liked that they have couples that live on-site. The food was good as well.

September 29, 2015

I found Kamlu through Caring.com. Kamlu had an opening when I wanted to move, that's why I'm here. Everything is just fine. The food is good. I've got a studio apartment, which is satisfactory for myself and my two small dogs. It is quite comfortable. They have bingo and games and they go different places and what-not, but I just haven't gotten into those yet. They have a large dining room and I get three meals a day. The food is quite satisfactory. The staff members are very kind people too.

September 29, 2015

We visited Kamlu Retirement Inn-Vancouver for our mother. It was an interesting place, but it was remote from my sister who's the person who would be the most intimately involved in keeping track of how our mother is doing, so we felt that it was not appropriate. The staff appeared to be competent, and the people with whom we spoke were helpful. Everything was clean. It seemed to be a good place, but as we say, the location was simply not appropriate.

September 14, 2015

My mother currently lives in Kamlu. It is fine. It is a nice place to live. However, I just want to get my mother in a facility where she can transition to assisted living, and Kamlu does not have that capability; that's why we're looking somewhere else. She likes Kamlu; there is nothing wrong with it other than the food. Food is pretty restricted. A lot of people complained about the food. However, everything else is fine. The rooms are OK. They have little kitchenette and what-have-you. They have different sizes for different places. The facility is older. My mother is OK there. She likes it. What they could improve on the selection of food and cleaning the floors. They have housekeeping provided in their rent, but they don't really clean the floors.

June 18, 2014

My mother was at Kamlu Retirement Inn. It wasn’t a facility for intensive care, but for independent living. Some people drove their own cars, and it was kind of like an apartment. They have people who come up to their rooms and clean them. The staff were very good at making sure everything was all right. With their activities, every day they have something going on. They have a bus that would take you shopping if you wanted to go.

Costs for Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

Payment options

• Check

About Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living

Kamlu Retirement Inn provides a fulfilling, independent and affordable lifestyle.

With warm summers, stunning fall colors and mild winters, she'll love coming home to the rustic splendor of Kamlu Retirement Inn.

We are just a few minutes from downtown Vancouver, WA and easily accessible to Portland, you'll love all the convenience and excitement that our central location has to offer.

Enjoy the region's shopping, dining opportunities, excellent health care and unique attractions from your home in the heart of it all.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:

• Private apartment suites
  • Daily chef-prepared meals from scratch
  • A variety of enriching Social & Recreational activities
  • Maintenance-free living
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Local, scheduled transportation
  • Most utilities including basic cable
  • Pets warmly welcomed
  • Home Health Care welcomed
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Pendant System with Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free Laundry Complimentary Use of the Washers & Dryers

Familiar Faces

From our pleasant housekeepers to attentive servers at mealtime, and helpful maintenance technicians who are there when you need them, our community is the new extension of your family. We're here to make your life easier in any way we can.

Private apartment suites

Choose from a variety of comfortable senior living apartments in various sizes and configurations allowing you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

• Our easy-to-maneuver floor plans are ideal for seniors and we offer 24/7 emergency response services.
  • We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time.
  • Holiday Retirement does not provide any health care services.
  • Residents are welcome to use outside home health care options that may enable them to continue enjoying life at our community and continue to age in place.

Map of Kamlu Vancouver Senior Living