Sienna Extended Care & Rehab

Reviews of Sienna Extended Care & Rehab

Nursing Home Reviews for Sienna Extended Care & Rehab

February 02, 2017

By az_foxy

My dad has been in there since this afternoon and I do not like it. He has no heat in his room. He has told them numerous times the heat is not working. They do not listen and will not give him an explanation as to why the heat is not working. He can't be in a room that is cold due to the meds he is on. I give this place a -0.

October 31, 2016

By Melissapharis

I would have given Sienna Extended Care & Rehab a zero rating but it was not provided as an option. We chose to place my mother in this facility due to it's location and on first glance it looked like a nice facility. While looking at several places for my mom I visited Sienna Care. I pushed the button on the outside wall and walked in. I walked around this entire facility without one person greeting me or asking if I needed help. When leaving the building the code to get out the door is on the key pad so I just exited and left the facility. My mother received very poor care while there. While visiting with her one day she told me she had not been getting a medication that she had been on for years. She takes this medication 3 times a day. I asked the LPN on duty for a print out of my mom's medication schedule and was provided with it. The medication was not marked as being given to her along with her blood pressure medication that she had been taking for years. My mother had not received these medications since she arrived at Sienna Extended Care & Rehab from the hospital. This was brought to the attention of the staff who stated that she had been getting them, that what I had received was just a quick printout. Immediately following this incident my mother began to receive the medications she had not been receiving. On one occasion my aunt went to visit my mother and she heard the CNA through the door tell my mother that she "would leave her sitting in that wheelchair for a good long time." For several days I told the LPN and Wound Care Nurse that my mom had a rash on her feet and legs that appeared to be a fungal infection and needed treated. She also had a pressure wound to her heel that needed the dead skin removed. I finally purchased anti-fungal cream and powder to treat my mother myself. Finally, I was told by the Wound Care Nurse that my mother had a fungal infection and the doctor ordered medication for it and that he had taken care of the wound on her heel. During a Care Meeting with the Caseworker Lee, my sister, my aunt and I attended, we were told that once our mother was released from skilled nursing that she would be allowed to stay at Sienna. Even if she didn't participate in rehab. According to them, "there are ways around that." On Monday, October 24th, we were advised that our mom would be discharged from Skilled Nursing and we had to find some other place for her to go. The excuse was that "they are trying to get more patients that are better able to take care of themselves." While visiting our mother after be told we had to find another place for her, we were chased down the hall by the Caseworker Lee trying to get us to sign discharge papers. Please do not put a loved one in this facility.

December 10, 2015

By KW5

Sienna Extended Care & Rehab is a nice place and close to my home. They are pretty heavy on the security, so, it was hard to get good information. I think they need to be more available to the people that are looking for information. Their manager is very difficult to talk to. It looked OK, so I would still recommend this place. I think they should have better management. My sister-in-law said the food is OK.

September 30, 2015

By Kathy112675950

The people there were fantastic at Sienna Extended Care & Rehab, and the food was good. I don’t have complaints; I thought they were great. The rooms were spacious and nice.

November 17, 2014

By April6

We chose Sienna Extended Care as it was convenient, and it was the only one that took Medicare. The facility is very nice, and there is plenty of space. The staff was very nice and informative, and if I have questions they tried to find out for me if they didn’t know. The actual room is private, but the entrance to the room connects to some other else’s and they're separated by curtains. They have arts and crafts and bingo, and I don’t think he has had any complaints about the food. It is very nice inside, and it didn’t smell. The landscaping is nice; they have an area within the hallways of the facilities where they can go outside of the building. They are kind of like in the center, and it’s nice to have benches outside that they can sit on.

September 12, 2014

By LovelyLady9852147

The staff of Sienna Extended Care & Rehab that took care of my father-in-law was very, very good and they took very good care of him. He passed away there, and on his last day one of the nurses even came in and gave us a break and sat with him and took the time to try to feed him and carry on a conversation, even though he wasn't talking back. They way they were set up was semi-private, but each one has his bed in a separate room, and then there was just one sitting area, so we were able to sit out there and deal with other family members, and we were really comfortable. It was a very, very clean facility. My mother-in-law and father-in-law both were very happy with the food over there, probably more so than the other place he was. They had more choices. I would recommend this place to anyone.

June 06, 2012

By unknowm

Siena is short staffed and does not meet the needs of their residents. My mom was there for a short time and we are very unpleased with the care she recieved. I wil not recommend this facility to anyone looking to place their love one into a LTC facility.

November 02, 2011

By Brian S.

The staff is great. My grandmother is very social and the staff is very social and friendly. The facility seems to be clean every time we go. The food is average by her standards but it is a nursing home. Overall it seems to be one of the nicer places around.

Services and Amenities of Sienna Extended Care & Rehab

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Individual
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Sienna Extended Care & Rehab

Sienna Extended Care & Rehab is a senior living provider in Midwest City, Oklahoma that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Sienna Extended Care & Rehab for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sienna Extended Care & Rehab