St Johns Place

Reviews of St Johns Place

Nursing Home Reviews for St Johns Place

March 20, 2015

By Very pleased 2

I have had 3 family members at St. John's Place. Everyone was so helpful and kind to my mom, dad and aunt. A staff member stayed with my aunt until family could arrive so she would not die alone. My family always had the same caregiver and the owners and family were there everyday and greeted us every time we arrived. Any problems were addressed immediately and the DON was upfront with me regarding expectations of care and helped with not only my family's adjustment but my own adjustment to living in a long term care facility. I would place another relative there in a heartbeat. Excellent care.

January 20, 2015

By FREDDY1

DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILY IN HERE!!!!! This place has horrible care. My mom was in here for exactly one week and we pulled her out of there because the care was so terrible. Staff and OWNER does not care about the people there, they are rough with them, they are rude to them and the nursing care is very sub standard. BEWARE!!!

October 29, 2013

By relative of former residence

DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVE ONE IN THIS FACILITY. BEWARE. Upon first meeting the Administrator, he made the facility seem so caring and family oriented. It's the complete opposite. My relative was in St. John's Place a few months before I got feed up and reported them to the State. They kept promising he would see the podiatrist, but never did. His toenails got to an unhealthy length. The toilet in his room was full of feces for three days straight and was nonfunctioning the following week. Being visually impaired, the staff would sit his meals on his table without telling him what he was eating or assisting with eating. There was a bandage put on his shin for an injury that I was never notified about with a date of 9/20, when I saw him on 9/26, the bandage had not been changed (I took photos and sent to the State). I would notify the Administrator regarding each of these events, however, he had such a cavalier attitude and nothing was urgent. The staff is unprofessional and lacks compassion. The charge nurse hung up the phone on me on two separate occasions. My relative advised that the staff was stealing his candy. The nurses’ station was never manned with staff. Calls light were constantly on. Charge nurses could not answer routine question from families or troubleshoot any situation and would ALWAYS refuse to contact the D.O.N. or Administrator after hours. The D.O.N. was so unpleasant. No staff member ever greeted me when I came in. On the night shift, you can usually find about half the nurses on the patio smoking and socializing. The website claims to take the residents on outings and having so many activities. I have never witnessed an activities or been notified on an outing. Don't put your love one in this facility or their sister property, The Bentley.

About St Johns Place

St Johns Place is a senior living provider in Saint Louis, Missouri that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact St Johns Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Johns Place