Marian Oakland

Reviews of Marian Oakland

Independent Living Reviews for Marian Oakland

May 04, 2019

By Scott

Marian Oakland is nice and well run. It's an older facility, but it's in good shape. Everything has been good up to this point. My uncle loves the food and he's very happy with it. His room is not very big, but it's nice. Everything in there is brand new, even though it's an old facility. The tub has a cutaway, so seniors can get in and out of it. It's pretty accommodating for somebody like him. They had a Saint Patrick's Day party. They've been very helpful to me especially the director. They keep me in touch, and they contact me when we have issues with prescriptions. I've got no complaints. The seniors seem happy, even my uncle who's kind of a recluse.

Dear Scott, Thank you so much for the positive rating and for taking the time to post. We are so grateful for our amazing residents and family members at Marian Oakland and we work hard to provide a happy, healthy and safe environment for them. We appreciate your kind words about our community!

February 10, 2016

By Ronald25

I visit my relative here. I observe the interactions between all the tenants and the staff at the facility, and the staff seems to be on top of everything. Everything seems to be nice. The rooms are studios. They are not very big, but they are good enough for one person. For the most part, the amenities meet the needs of the residents there. The staff seems to be very friendly and helpful.

September 30, 2015

By Cara2

My mother lives in a studio apartment. All her meals are included. They have activities and field trips and the DSO is coming to play for them at no charge. The staff is wonderful. She gets housekeeping once a week. The people are wonderful, and the saleslady is fabulous. I can't say enough about it. We were in a really tough situation but my mom is doing really well now. We wished it was a little closer though. They have exercise class twice a week, bingo, for Grandparents Day they had a family barbecue, trips, movie nights, and ice cream socials. It's a really great place. They have extra services that you can purchase. You can hire people to come in if they need help with bathing, meds, etc., but it's strictly independent living.

February 04, 2013

By Susan24

It is inexpensive. Everybody there is very nice and very helpful. The food is excellent. The rooms are small with just a bedroom, a bath, and a closet, but it's very nice. The room goes directly outside and you walk on covered sidewalks to the dining room, laundry, the living room or sitting rooms.

Questions about Marian Oakland

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Marian Oakland. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The residents at Marian Oakland average age range is 60 - 80.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Costick Center is the Senior Center run by the City of Farmington Hills, and very active.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Marian Oakland has organized?

We do not have a Community Activity Director, but will plan to do more off-site events, post COVID.

What transportation services does Marian Oakland offer to independent living residents?

Weekly trips to grocery stores, and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Marian Oakland exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

All meals are fresh-cooked!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

There are four common areas, with TV and socializing.

If Marian Oakland accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are allowed with additional Deposit.

Costs for Marian Oakland

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Marian Oakland

All-inclusive Senior Independent Living for those 55 and better.

On-site laundry, beauty salon, visiting doctor, visiting foot doctor. Unbeatable staff!

Map of Marian Oakland