Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

November 26, 2013

My mother was at Emeritus. I'd say it was satisfactory. The staff was nice. They had activities but she didn't participate. You had to pay a community fee that's non refundable. I did sign a contract but within 24 hours, my mom wanted to go home and they wouldn’t let me out of there. She got there on the 11th of October. With $1800 a month, she paid for the whole month of October. She stayed a week and they still billed her through November 15. She didn't even want to be there and it cost her over $4,000 to be there for one week. They can fill those rooms so I was angry. My disappointment was they're just more about making money than they are to patient care. I feel a little deceived and a little ripped off by them to be honest. They kind of drop you like a hot potato once they have your name on the dotted line and I did not like that at all. I would never go back there.

October 11, 2013

We moved my friend to Emeritus. The facility was quite satisfactory. It was clean. The rooms were nice and large. It's more than enough room for a double bed. It has a huge dresser, a flat screen TV, and chairs for the visitors. It was freshly painted, carpeted with a new air condition system. The staff seemed nice, and professional. They also seemed they have enough people to do the job.

October 09, 2013

I like Emeritus better than the others. It was clean and the room that my mother got was repainted and carpeted before she moved in to it. They have a friendly staff and I like the people. They had puzzles and a lot of activities going on.

August 21, 2013

By Barbara67828350

Emeritus at Beneva Park was nice and she enjoyed being there. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were not really big but it was adequate for one person. I tried the food once and it was tasty. I was not aware of all the activities they had but I knew she played bingo and went to happy hour every Friday.

July 25, 2013

By Greg5

Emeritus at Beneva Park was recommended by the rehab place that my mother was in right now. We chose it because it's on the same major road that I live plus it's not very far from her doctor's office and we are moving in next Friday. Her room is about a size of a motel room. I haven't tried the food when I visited there, but the menu looks pretty decent.

June 27, 2011

By babs

My mother stayed there. She got no help. I had to be there all day,every day to see that she was fed and got her medicines. One night she seemed"comatose" so they di nothing-no call to me or 911. The next morning she was gone. I blame them.

Nursing Home Reviews for Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

December 25, 2014

By JeffG78

The staff was extremely caring and friendly. The physical therapy was great! Very pleased with my experience.

October 23, 2012

By Kai101512

My visits to the facility were usually not planned. I never witnessed anything irregular. I typically visited during the day and my friend's wife always looked clean and contented. There is a beauty salon on the premises and I noticed that her hair was often styled and her gray hair was colored as she preferred. Sometimes she wasn't there and it was usually because she was playing bingo or some other game in one of the activity rooms with the other residents. Once, I walked in on her eating a meal- a steak and cheese sandwich with french fries which looked delicious and made me very hungry. The facility always looked very clean to me and nicely decorated. It did not have an institutional feel. It did not spell of urine and was rather quiet. The grounds were well maintained. My contact with staff was minimal, but the aides were always polite and friendly to me. I also witnessed them being very patient with my friend's wife. She could be demanding at times and I noticed that they attended to her quickly to see what they could do for her. All in all I rate this facility very highly from what I could see.

Photos of Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

Services and Amenities of Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

About Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

We welcome you to Lamplight of Sarasota, a lovely senior community set on several acres of lush vegetation and woods, a short distance from the heart of downtown Sarasota. Centrally located to airports, other health care providers, hospitals, shopping and restaurants, residents and their families can easily enjoy what Sarasota has to offer.Lamplight of Sarasota is dedicated to providing superior care at affordable pricing. We can help you identify possible resources that may be appropriate for your situation such as veteran benefits or private long term care insurance.

Amenities and Services:

• 3 dietician-planned meals served daily including snacks
  • 24-hour security and staffing
  • Daily activities, group outings and special events
  • Weekly light housekeeping and laundry
  • Large community rooms
  • Emergency call systems
  • Modern fire detection systems
  • Assistance with medical appointments and transportation
  • Wi Fi and Resident Computer
  • On Site Physical Therapy and Resident Gym
  • Pet Friendly/Resident Therapy Dog

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Lamplight family. Through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, we offer unlimited opportunities for you to get to know other residents and us.

Lamplight of Sarasota has a wonderful activities program with daily mental and social engagements as well as outings into the local community. Further detail on our activities program can be viewed here.

Map of Beneva Lakes Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center