23 Assisted Living Facilities near Franklin, TN
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Franklin area, with 9 in Franklin and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Franklin is $3,988 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Brentwood with an average starting cost of $3,655.
To help you with your search, browse the 168 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Franklin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Franklin 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brentwood with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 13 families in Franklin find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Franklin, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Franklin, TN
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Franklin, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Franklin
Situated just 21 miles south of Nashville, Franklin offers both old-school charm and big-city amenities, giving seniors a small-town atmosphere and access to a booming metropolis. Franklin is home to some 78,321 people, and just under 12 percent of those locals are aged 65 years or older. Those seniors have a wealth of options when considering long-term residential care; there are 27 assisted living facilities in and around Franklin, including nine in Franklin proper. Those facilities are licensed and overseen by the Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities, which monitors and regulates all assisted care living facilities (ACLF) in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Franklin
- Seniors on a budget might find their dollar doesn’t go quite as far in Franklin, where the cost of living index is 132, almost one-third higher than the national average.
- Franklin is a very safe place to live. While the national average for violent crime is 31.1 out of 100 and the average for property crime nationwide sits at 38.1, those rates in Franklin are just 12.5 and 25.5 respectively.
- Seniors can catch a ride courtesy of Franklin Transit, a daytime service that runs throughout the city and includes both fixed routes and pre-arranged, curb-to-curb service. Seniors are eligible for half of the regular adult fare. Senior Ride Nashville also offers transportation to medical appointments and for other errands.
- Wet, hot summers and mild winters are the norm in Franklin, where the climate is best suited to seniors who don’t mind humidity and rain.
- The Franklin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Williamson Medical Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Franklin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Williamson County Parks & Recreation’s Senior Division, which offers a range of ongoing activities, discussions and tours, as well as several senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Franklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Franklin start around $3,988 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Franklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Franklin
Tennessee offers several programs for seniors that are design for those who plan to live at home or in a nursing home, however, the CHOICES program is designed to fund whichever Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) each senior prefers, including assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Franklin
Franklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Franklin, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Franklin
Franklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Franklin, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Franklin
Review of Belvedere Commons of Franklin
Everything was fine at Belvedere Commons, but after a few days of talking and going back and forth, they were pushy. The staff members were very nice, and the place was very pretty; however, I had ... Read more
Review of Southern Care II
My in-laws are staying at Southern Care. My overall experience has been very good. The woman who runs the place always listens to my complaints and tries to take care of them. I have no problem tal... Read more
Review of The Hearth at Franklin
I have have been associated with The Hearth since October. My father really likes living there. Most of the staff is very friendly and welcoming. I enjoy my visits there and I am there every d... Read more