16 Assisted Living Facilities near Warwick, RI
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Warwick area, with 7 in Warwick and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Warwick is $3,736 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 91 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warwick. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warwick 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cranston with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warwick, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Warwick, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warwick
Warwick is the third largest city in Rhode Island, situated at the head of Narragansett Bay. Approximately 9.2 percent of Warwick’s population is between the ages of 65 and 74, which is higher than the state average of 7.8 percent. Seniors in Warwick have plenty of assisted living facilities from which to choose, with six in Warwick and 42 in surrounding areas such as Barrington and East Providence. Assisted living residences (ALRs) in Warwick and the rest of Rhode Island are regulated by Department of Health Office of Residences Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warwick
- There’s less crime in Warwick than the U.S. as a whole, which is good news for seniors. The violent crime rate in Warwick is 26.9, while the U.S. average is 31.1. Property crime is less prevalent as well, with a rating of 36.6 that’s lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Warwick has an efficient public transportation system with routes that run all over the city. Seniors 65 and older are eligible for a reduced price bus pass to make getting around more affordable.
- The Warwick area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kent Hospital and Cardiovascular Associates of Rhode Island, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Warwick is rated 113.2, so it’s more expensive than the national average of 100. Seniors may pay more for assisted living in Warwick; things such as housing, groceries and transportation may also be on the costly side.
- Warwick isn’t a tax-friendly city for seniors because the state of Rhode Island taxes Social Security benefits. There are no exemptions for retirement income, and there’s also elevated property taxes and an estate tax.
- Winter temperatures in Warwick can drop as low as 21 degrees in January. The city ranks 43 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index for its number of days between 70 and 80 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warwick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in Warwick start around $3,661 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warwick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warwick
Seniors who need help paying for assisted living may qualify for the 1115 waiver, which is provided through Medicaid. Warwick seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and reside in an assisted living facility may also be eligible for an Optional State Supplement (OSS) payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warwick
Warwick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warwick, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warwick
Warwick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Warwick, RI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warwick
Review of All American Assisted Living at Warwick
All American Assisted Living at Warwick was close to where we are. My father moved into assisted living. It's good. The staff was very good; they were helpful and friendly. From what I understand, ... Read more
Review of Commonwealth House Assisted Living
My grandmother stays here and the staff goes above and beyond to help our family out. She just turned 100 and they did a great job hosting a celebration for her during the pandemic when we couldn't... Read more
Review of Commonwealth House Assisted Living
Commonwealth House is great. Mandi and Graham care for everyone as family and they provide a home atmosphere that makes Commonwealth a rare treasure and comfort during times that can be difficult a... Read more