26 Assisted Living Facilities near East Providence, RI
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Providence area, with 6 in East Providence and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Providence is $4,470 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,595. Cheaper nearby regions include Providence with an average starting cost of $3,716.
To help you with your search, browse the 109 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Providence. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Providence 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warwick with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Providence, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Providence, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Providence
Home to the Crescent Park Looff Carousel, which is a national historic landmark and among the oldest operating merry-go-rounds in the world, East Providence is a city that brims with history and charm. According to Sperling’s Best Places, East Providence has also repeatedly ranked as one of the best U.S. cities for seniors. Altogether, citizens 55 years of age and older make up an estimated 31.1 percent of the town's population. To help serve this population, East Providence offers four different assisted living communities, with 47 more in neighboring cities such as Providence, Pawtucket and Warwick. Officially known in Rhode Island as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), these facilities are licensed by the Department of Health, Office of Residences Regulation. ALRs offer room, board, personal assistance and medication administration to residents who don't require a nursing home level of care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Providence
• According to Sperling's Comfort Index, East Providence's climate receives a below average score for comfort. Winters in the city can be harsh, averaging 36 inches of snow and a January low temperature of around 20 degrees.
• Seniors in East Providence can expect to pay more than the national average for such necessities as groceries and health care. Overall, the city’s cost of living is 13.2 percent above the U.S. average.
• The state of Rhode Island doesn't offer any tax breaks for seniors. Pensions, Social Security payments and all other types of retirement income are taxable.
• East Providence provides plenty of opportunities to explore nature, history, fine dining and shopping centers. As residents of assisted living communities in the East Providence area, seniors are never far from the historic Crescent Park Looff Carousel, built in 1895, as well as an array of nearby parks and golf courses.
• While East Providence’s violent crime rate is on par with the national median, its property crime rate is significantly lower than average. On a scale of one to 100, where the U.S. average is 38.1, East Providence’s incidence of property crimes is only 24.1.
• The East Providence area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Miriam Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Providence
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in East Providence start around $4,720 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Providence and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Providence
Rhode Island’s Department of Human Services offers a Medicaid waiver program for eligible seniors called the Rhode Island Comprehensive Demonstration that may help cover assisted living costs. The state also administers an Optional State Supplement (OSS) for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Providence
East Providence and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Providence, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Providence
East Providence-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Providence
Review of Anchor Bay at East Providence
I liked Anchor Bay at East Providence. It is more of a modern design because it's newer. I took a tour of the whole place and model apartments, and then the empty apartments. Their view is kind of ... Read more
Review of Tockwotton on the Waterfront
I toured the assisted living and skilled nursing at Tockwotton on the Waterfront. They've got everything anybody could want. At $6000 a month just for the assisted living, they better be, and that'... Read more
Review of Tockwotton on the Waterfront
We were very impressed with Tockwotton on the Waterfront. All the people there were very professional and informative, the setting was awesome and the facility itself was just beautiful. The staff ... Read more