Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Reviews of Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Nursing Home Reviews for Tockwotton on the Waterfront

July 19, 2017

By ezipp

It is like being at home, get up when you want to, eat breakfast when you want to. It isn't like being in an institution, culture change. Staff are the nicest, most caring people I have every met, they cater to every wish

October 24, 2016

By Michelle Snoeren

I was atTockwotton and there was only one nurse practitioner that finally was able to help me medically after coughing for seven days Clarise was my savior. Dietary I found careless and incompetent following diet. Was very glad to go home.

April 18, 2016

By feeling like a terrible daughter

if all that mattered were the beautiful window treatments and light fixtures, this would be the place. however, i've spent quite some time there in the last 10 days with my mother and i have to say i am afraid to go home at night and leave her alone. The nurses have been okay but the quality of the cnas is terrible. my mother has been left for hours, with no call button because they "forget " to put it back in her reach (broken hip and leg,bedridden) They are terribly rough with moving her- she is unbearable pain- and one CNA had the nerve to complain about her own bad back. Classless to say the least. My mother also heard them calling her derogatory names in the hallway . Terribly disappointed. wish i had done more research. Please don't be foo]ed by the private rooms and the building, the care is not on the same level . Not even close

November 19, 2014

By beanq

Tockwotton home is a very deceiving place, it is absolutely beautiful on the oitside as wwll as in, but once you realize what goes on in the inside and how understaffed u will see it all. There is never a nurse when needed or always on the other side. Know respect for there workers which makes the workers miserable and unappreciated

July 08, 2013

By phufnag

I am a daughter of someone who recently stayed at Tockwotton after a knee replacement. My mother didn't stay long, but I hope this review will help others who are evaluating facilities. Overall, I would say the facility looks great on the outside, but it is rather thin on the quality of care. The biggest issue is there is not enough help. Luckily my mother didn't need a lot of help but it would make me think twice for future needs. I believe there were only 2 aides for the entire floor. When I was there and my mother needed assistance to go to the bathroom after surgery, the aid never came 3 out of 4 times. There is no intercom or central switch board, so how do they know if it is an emergency or not? I would suggest to management they figure out a way to measure this proactively because at this point, there is no feedback loop to measure if patients calls are getting answered or not. My mother called once when she was in the bathroom and it wasn't an emergency, but they didn't come for 1/2 hour. The aids are the kitchen help so that makes it very difficult during meal time when they are delivering meals, but also doing dishes and helping people in their rooms. I heard people crying from their rooms asking for help while I was there which didn't make me feel good. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The facility is new and seemed very clean. The rehab staff was fantastic and gave my mother great support and a lot of dedicated time 7 days/week. I was impressed with that. I also had an issue with the Doctor on staff who is only there for a short period of time but was not reachable by the nursing staff and had not okayed a course of treatment with my mother's surgeon. I had to escalate and it was not easy to get someone to help. I think if the person doesn't need medical help or help in general it is a good place. The staff were all very nice to my mother but the management needs to increase the quality of care.

Costs for Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Photos of Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Services and Amenities of Tockwotton on the Waterfront

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: No Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: ALR01482 & LTC00781

• About Tockwotton on the Waterfront

Assisted Living Description

The River’s Edge at Tockwotton on the Waterfront is an Assisted Living residence where your independence, well-being and happiness are our first priority. The community has been designed to offer all the comforts of home—combining elegance with the feel of a comfortable seaside cottage. Our waterfront location offers commanding views of Providence from almost every corner of the building. It’s easy to find fellow residents enjoying a cocktail while catching a sensational sunset from the Sculler’s Pub or taking a stroll through the spacious waterfront park just steps beyond the front door. The gracious front porch is an ideal spot to sip on Del’s Lemonade and to watch the boats in the harbor. However you wish to spend your day, you will find Tockwotton embodies the spirit of friendship and the opportunity to enjoy life’s little pleasures.

Our exceptionally dedicated and attentive staff contribute greatly to the warm and caring environment at The River’s Edge and will be there to assist you whenever a little extra help is needed. Your private apartment, featuring a kitchenette and plenty of storage, is thoughtfully planned for your safety and comfort. From the moment your most treasured possessions are in place, The River’s Edge truly feels like home. Life here is filled with endless possibilities to be socially involved and culturally enriched. Our calendar is chock full of events, programs and classes developed to exercise your mind, body and soul… and simply to have fun.

Included in monthly rent:

• Scheduled transportation
    • 3 meals a day
    • All program offerings
    • Weekly housekeeping and changing of linens and bath towels
    • All utilities
    • 24 hour security and emergency call system
    • Wi-Fi
    • Use of laundry room and laundry supplies
    • Priority admission to Tockwotton Skilled Nursing if needed and available

• Library
    • Theater room
    • Fitness center
    • Media room
    • Gardens, decks and walking paths
    • Al fresco dining available on the outdoor terrace

ALZ Description

This is Memory Care reimagined. This is The Courtyard Memory Care at Tockwotton on the Waterfront. As an assisted living residence specializing in care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss, The Courtyard provides a safe and nurturing environment where highly trained caregivers focus on what is meaningful to each resident. Priority one is getting to know the resident and their family. Understanding your loved one—appreciating their likes and dislikes and knowing how best to maintain their well-being and peace of mind—allows us to create experiences that will foster positive emotions throughout their day.

The cognitive changes brought on by memory loss can cause a great deal of anxiety or stress. Something quite familiar can suddenly feel unfamiliar. That is why our surroundings have been designed to feel just like home. Residents reside in private studio apartments. We encourage families to fill the space with the resident’s favorite possessions or pictures. Built in a circular fashion, The Courtyard minimizes opportunities for confusion and agitation, while enhancing a sense of stability and calm. Central to life here is our beautifully landscaped and enclosed courtyard with an herb and cutting garden. Most of the apartments feature either courtyard or waterfront views.

The safety and contentment of each resident is a full time commitment at The Courtyard. The team approach of our highly trained staff ensures 24-hour care is consistent and compassionate. To that end, our commitment to care does not stop with the resident. We hold a special place in our hearts for family members struggling to understand the intricacies of Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairments.

Included in monthly rent:

• Weekly housekeeping and changing of linens and bath towels
    • All utilities
    • 24 hour security and emergency call system
    • Wi-Fi
    • Ongoing assessment of your health needs and periodic wellness checks by staff nurses (including blood pressure, weight, medical counseling and instruction)
    • Laundry and laundry supplies

• Fitness center
    • Media room
    • Courtyard gardens
    • Shaded walking paths

Tockwotton on the Waterfront provides greater Providence and all of Rhode Island with a variety of services designed to meet the changing needs of older adults and their families. We are a senior living community providing uncompromising quality and comfo

Map of Tockwotton on the Waterfront