13 Assisted Living Facilities near East Greenwich, RI
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Greenwich area, with 2 in East Greenwich and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Greenwich is $4,197 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Warwick with an average starting cost of $3,587.
To help you with your search, browse the 82 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Greenwich. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Greenwich 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warwick with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Greenwich, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Greenwich, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Greenwich
East Greenwich, Rhode Island, is part of the greater Providence metro area. This suburb has plenty of things for seniors to do, from a stroll along the waterfront to shopping in the downtown area. The population of East Greenwich is 13,000, 16% of whom are seniors 65 and older, a group that will likely need accommodations in one of the city's two assisted living facilities.
Assisted living facilities in Rhode Island are licensed by the Center for Health Facility Regulations. Regulations define these group homes as having a combination of housing, meals and personal assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Greenwich
- The cost of living in East Greenwich is rated at 149, compared to the national baseline of 100. Housing costs are the main factor, at 245 compared to 100. Higher housing costs may increase the operating costs of assisted living communities and, thus, the fees for residents. Health care, important for seniors in assisted living, is just 82 compared to the national average.
- Weather in East Greenwich means cold winters with snow and warm, mild summers. The nearby Atlantic Ocean provides cooling breezes, which seniors who are sensitive to high heat may appreciate.
- Crime in the United States is measured on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest. The national average for property crimes is 35, while violent crimes are 22. East Greenwich is notably safer than the average, with violent crimes at just 9 and property crimes at 22. However, seniors are advised to use caution when venturing into Providence or nearby Boston.
- The East Greenwich area is home to world-class medical facilities, including South County Health Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Rhode Island does not provide any special tax breaks for seniors and is one of just a few states that levies state tax on Social Security income (although only that which is taxed at the federal level). Seniors on a budget may wish to keep this in mind.
- Seniors in East Greenwich are eligible for discounted fares on the Providence public transportation system, RIPTA.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Greenwich
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in East Greenwich start around $4,197 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Greenwich and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Greenwich
The state of Rhode Island combines its Medicaid Waivers for assisted living with state financial assistance plans into one program, the Rhode Island Global Consumer Choice Compact Waiver. Eligibility is based on income guidelines and the individual's own functional ability and need for assisted care services or housing.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Greenwich
East Greenwich and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Greenwich, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Greenwich
East Greenwich-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Greenwich
Review of Anchor Bay at Greenwich
Our experience with Anchor Bay at Greenwich was excellent. The staff was also excellent. The rooms that we saw were larger than we expected and were very clean. We saw their dining area which was a... Read more
Review of Anchor Bay at Greenwich
The women and men of the Memory milieu on the D floor of Brookdale East Greenwich RI deserve adequate commendation. Not only nurses and aides, but also cooks, cleaners and hair stylists. Our mothe... Read more
Review of Atria Harborhill
Atria Harborhill is very grand and very expensive for two people. We thought the rooms were small for two people but were fine for one person. The services were excellent. The staff was very profes... Read more