Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Anchor Bay at Pocasset (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Assisted Living Reviews for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

September 07, 2015

At Pocasset Bay, I like the size of the apartments, the facility itself, and its setting. It is a nice country setting. The staff was helpful in making arrangements. They have singing and exercise classes. They would let some entertainment in. Pocasset Bay offered my parents an opportunity to start off with independent living and not assisted living, so they're getting some care, but not medical care. However, it is available if they need it. I'm happy with my choice so far.

March 23, 2015

I move my aunt to Pocasset Bay last Sunday. They are just kind of a good place. It has a nice dining room. The staff's work ethics are very good. The rooms are spacious.

January 28, 2015

By Desertfan

My mom went from independent living in a senior complex to assisted living at Pocasset Bay Manor. Downsizing was a bit of a concern, but her room was bright, pleasant, spacious and well appointed. The attractive communal dining room is restaurant style with entrée choices available, but more importantly, the competent staff call her by name, and she gets her vital meds right on time, three times a day. One of the most valuable things in life is simple and straightforward 'Peace of Mind'. Our Mom is very well cared for, and we have that all important 'Peace of mind' of knowing she is in a beautiful, well managed place.

January 18, 2015

By anonymous104645450

My parents are in Pocasset Bay. The facilities are beautiful like the dining area, and the staff is very nice. However, their apartment does not have a small burner range. They have a small refrigerator and a microwave, but that is all they have for the kitchen. My father gets up at five, and the dining room does not open until seven. I like all the outside stuff, but as far as inside the apartment, I am not really impressed. It has a beautiful landscape, but I noticed all the plants inside are plastic. They do take good care of the residents, and my parents are very satisfied.

October 25, 2014

My two daughters chose Pocasset Bay Retirement Living. My room sure is large. I don’t know how they could give you a room this big, but I have it. The staff is very nice. I had pneumonia and stayed in my room for a few days, and I was brought my meals and was well taken care of. The food is alright. It’s not the best; it’s not the worst. They have bingo, socials, and card playing, but at my age, I don’t participate in anything but the bingo. I’m very satisfied.

March 20, 2014

By daughter23

After visiting the facility, I was very impressed. It has an elegant and pleasant decor. The people I dealt with were knowledgable, friendly, helpful & responded promptly to my e-mails & phone calls as we went through the process of arranging dad's placement. The accommodations were more spacious than some of the other facilities we'd considered. My dad really wanted a private room & bathroom which we were able to get for him at Pocasset Bay. The suite even has a little kitchenette and the closet is quite large with deep shelves at one end. The dining room is lovely, the meals are nicely prepared with a number of choices. I really felt this was the best choice for my dad.

December 24, 2013

By Lynn24

We chose Pocasset Bay because basically it was the only place my parent looked at. Even though she wanted to look at other places, but after she saw this place, she liked it so she decided to just go there. Location had a lot to do with it also. In terms of quality, we have not had one solitary bad review from anybody who either live there or know somebody there. Everyone has a good review. The staff is very nice. Her apartment is perfect. She has a gorgeous view of the woods behind her apartment. She's pretty happy there. Regarding food, I actually did try their food and it was pretty good. It's not like going to a restaurant, but it is not too bad. As far as activities, she has only been there since October but she has been on shopping trips and she has been to several parties. We even went to a Christmas party with her that was held there. She also goes to church and does things inside like bingo. They also have entertainment come in. Overall, they seem to have something more than a couple of things to pick from everyday. This facility is great. I would recommend them to others, and in fact, we already did.

May 29, 2013

By Jan12

We were able to visit the facility when we were looking for a place for my aunt. The people were excellent to deal with and very honest. It looked like a nice facility and the people were very friendly. She was about to move there except that she died right before she moved. After she passed away, they were phenomenal. They never even asked for payment for the apartment. I recommend this place to others.

April 27, 2012

By Mick jones

Overall, I am pleased with the care my father received at this assisted living facility. The facility is kept very clean, and my father's needs are attended very well. The food is better than most institutional food, and residents are given choices. They do a good job of trying to get residents to participate in activities; however, I would like to see more variety. Everyone seems so gracious and gentle here. I had never been there before however I had driven past there at least a thousand times. The grounds were very nicely kept and the staff was very knowledgeable. My father never had any complaints about the way he was treated and said he would miss bath time when his stay ended. My first impressions were good. The outside of the building was clean and the people that I did meet were very cordial. The very front part of the inside was clean and the staff seemed pleasant. I am former US Army so I pay attention to my surroundings more than other people. I notice things that other people do not even comprehend. I would recommend this facility for loved ones.

Independent Living Reviews for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Costs for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Photos of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Services and Amenities of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

• State Licenses: ALR01490

About Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Nestled in a country setting with beautiful gardens, walking paths and outdoor seating areas, our Independent Living apartments have everything you need to simplify your life and accommodate your needs. The apartments are spacious, updated and include an outdoor balcony or patio. All apartments have individual climate control, microwave and kitchenette. We encourage all our residents to bring their own furniture for their own comfort.

Our monthly fee includes:

• Restaurant dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks and coffee throughout the day
  • Housekeeping services
  • Parking space should you elect to take your car
  • Transportation services at your preferred time and date, if you don’t wish to drive your own car
  • 24-hour emergency response available 7 days a week and 24 hours per day
  • All your utilities (gas, electric and water). Cox cable for your TV is just $28 per month.
  • Exercise and wellness activities to improve your physical conditioning
  • Daily activities (e.g. Bingo, etc.)
  • Weekly Church services
  • Onsite Library and transportation services to the Johnston Library
  • Onsite Beauty Shop, which is available for a small fee
  • Complimentary laundry rooms are available or for a small fee your laundry can be done for you.

Anchor Bay at Pocasset provides the opportunity to revive long lasting relationships and develop new ones. It all comes together in our community. Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you the freedom to live life as you choose and please.

Map of Anchor Bay at Pocasset