Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Anchor Bay at Pocasset (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Assisted Living Reviews for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

March 23, 2015

I move my aunt in last Sunday. They are just kind of a good place. It has a nice dining room. The staff's work ethics are very good. The rooms are spacious.

January 18, 2015

By anonymous104645450

My parents are here. The facilities are beautiful like the dining area, and the staff is very nice. However, their apartment does not have a small burner range. They have a small refrigerator and a microwave, but that is all they have for the kitchen. My father gets up at five, and the dining room does not open until seven. I like all the outside stuff, but as far as inside the apartment, I am not really impressed. It has a beautiful landscape, but I noticed all the plants inside are plastic. They do take good care of the residents, and my parents are very satisfied.

October 25, 2014

My two daughters chose it. My room sure is large. I don’t know how they could give you a room this big, but I have it. The staff is very nice. I had pneumonia and stayed in my room for a few days, and I was brought my meals and was well taken care of. The food is alright. It’s not the best; it’s not the worst. They have bingo, socials, and card playing, but at my age, I don’t participate in anything but the bingo. I’m very satisfied.

December 24, 2013

By Lynn24

We chose it basically it was the only place my parent looked at. Even though she wanted to look at other places, but after she saw this place, she liked it so she decided to just go there. Location had a lot to do with it also. In terms of quality, we have not had one solitary bad review from anybody who either live there or know somebody there. Everyone has a good review. The staff is very nice. Her apartment is perfect. She has a gorgeous view of the woods behind her apartment. She's pretty happy there. Regarding food, I actually did try their food and it was pretty good. It's not like going to a restaurant, but it is not too bad. As far as activities, she has only been there since October but she has been on shopping trips and she has been to several parties. We even went to a Christmas party with her that was held there. She also goes to church and does things inside like bingo. They also have entertainment come in. Overall, they seem to have something more than a couple of things to pick from everyday. This facility is great. I would recommend them to others, and in fact, we already did.

May 29, 2013

By Jan12

We were able to visit the facility when we were looking for a place for my aunt. The people were excellent to deal with and very honest. It looked like a nice facility and the people were very friendly. She was about to move there except that she died right before she moved. After she passed away, they were phenomenal. They never even asked for payment for the apartment. I recommend this place to others.

Independent Living Reviews for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

March 28, 2021

By Stanley Lewis

The food and service is excellent. There are always two offerings for lunch and dinner. There are many various choices for breakfast. You can always find something to satisfy your tastes! Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much, Stanley for taking time to share your experience of Symphony at Cherry Hill. We value your opinion deeply and will share your positive review with our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you have anything further to share, please reach out to us as we love hearing from you! - Warm regards, Alison

January 12, 2021

By Rocco C

I wish I could say something nice about Anchor Bay other than the fact that there are at least 2 people who work there who seem to care about the residents. But I can't. I thought Anchor Bay would be the place where my mom and dad would relax and spend some of their latter years. No. This place is poorly run, management doesn't seem to care and my parents, and my aunt who all lived there almost 3 months have called crying saying they have to get out. Why? I honestly think the employees are miserable. It seems as every single request we make to help support our loved ones is met with rolled eye-balls or some oft-putting comment. It is awful. I think it must start at the top. Their executive director hasn't answered any of my emails or phone calls. It is like we don't exist. My parents room hasn't been cleaned in over a month, and mom has said to me many times - "I think they hate me here, i must leave." It makes me sad. It is a sad state when your octogenarian parents feel hated (or at least nor cared for) by their caretakers. Since COVID we understand that we can't visit, which is understandable. However, when perishable groceries sit in the lobby for 2 days because people are too busy to bring it to their room, you begin to feel as though the employees might consider working somewhere else. Dad says he is treated better at the checkout at Walmart. Requests to bring medicines to their room, to bring up gifts or food, or to get someone to bring fresh sheets, etc. often times go unanswered. I can go on and on. Suffice it to say that after only 10 weeks, we are moving them to another facility up the road. Already, I can see how much better their lives will be. I actually receive call backs. My emails are answered. I get the sense that people care - these are things that are missing at Anchor Bay. If you care about the elderly in your family, i strongly suggest you look elsewhere. It really pains me to write this review because of the few people who really try, however when speaking with other members of my family who have all had interactions with staff, they urged me to write this to hopefully save some of you out there who really care about where their elders go and how they are cared for.

Hello, Rocca C. My name is Alison, and I work at the Support Center. First, thank you for taking time to share your experience. I have shared your review with our community and regional leadership team. I’d like to learn more about your concerns. If you’re open to further discussion, can you please send us a private message with your phone or email address? We’ll reach out to chat personally. Thank you again, Alison

September 30, 2017

By Linda

I've been to here and it's a very nice facility. I visited the independent living. It was spotless, and it was like going into a luxury hotel. The grounds were immaculate, and it looked like condominiums to me. The staff was very friendly, and I met some of the people that reside there. They had a beauty salon, Bingo, exercises, arts and crafts, and they have movie night with popcorn. They had a full calendar of activities.

March 09, 2016

By Loving Daughter37

I like it because they have a separate building for independent living. It had a really homey atmosphere and an outdoor space with a deck or patio for every apartment. I had a light snack, and the food was really good. I liked the woman who showed me around; she was very knowledgeable.

Questions about Anchor Bay at Pocasset

What places are near Anchor Bay at Pocasset or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Situated on 16-plus acres in a park-like setting, Anchor Bay at Pocasset is a bright, warm senior living community located near Rhode Island Hospital, Providence Place Mall, fine dining at Federal Hill, as well as Downtown Providence, and Johnston Memorial Park. Wake up every day in a safe, intentionally designed living space. We tend to the cooking, housekeeping and home maintenance so you can participate in social, cultural and exercise programs including happy hours, walking clubs and seasonal crafts. Choose from a menu of seasonal, nutritious, chef-prepared dishes in the dining room. Enjoy discreet, supportive care, a maintenance-free lifestyle including scheduled transportation, and boutique amenities. Spend every day living fully and experiencing greater well-being.

What transportation services does Anchor Bay at Pocasset offer to assisted living residents?

Drivers provide residents with a ride to appointments and group outings by car or accessible bus.

What makes the chef or dining program at Anchor Bay at Pocasset exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community mealtime feels like a special event and is always enjoyed in the company of neighbors. Choose from rotating menus of nutritious, chef-prepared dishes made with fresh ingredients and served to your table by friendly staff who know your tastes and preferences. Menus are planned to meet your nutritional needs, and we easily accommodate special dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does Anchor Bay at Pocasset offer to assisted living residents?

Take comfort in knowing the following programs are in place to make our community a safe place to live and work. Trained team members are available 24/7/365 to assist residents. Enhanced Cleaning Practices- A touchless disinfection and sanitation program keeps surfaces clean and helps prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. 24-Hour Emergency Alert System Residents have wearable devices or mounted pull cords in their apartments to notify staff in the event of an emergency. Purposefully Designed Spaces and Features From wide walkways with supportive handrails to elevators and electronic doors, we’ve considered details with the safety and comfort of older people in mind. Team members monitor residents’ well-being during mealtimes, medication passes and care services, and more often as needed. Clearly visible signage located throughout the community helps residents and families navigate to dining and engagement opportunities. Evacuation Procedures and Protocols

Costs for Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Photos of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Services and Amenities of Anchor Bay at Pocasset

• Detached Homes

• State Licenses: ALR01490

About Anchor Bay at Pocasset

Nestled in a country setting with beautiful gardens, walking paths and outdoor seating areas, our Independent Living apartments have everything you need to simplify your life and accommodate your needs. The apartments are spacious, updated and include an outdoor balcony or patio. All apartments have individual climate control, microwave and kitchenette. We encourage all our residents to bring their own furniture for their own comfort.

Our monthly fee includes:

• Restaurant dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks and coffee throughout the day
  • Housekeeping services
  • Parking space should you elect to take your car
  • Transportation services at your preferred time and date, if you don’t wish to drive your own car
  • 24-hour emergency response available 7 days a week and 24 hours per day
  • All your utilities (gas, electric and water). Cox cable for your TV is just $28 per month.
  • Exercise and wellness activities to improve your physical conditioning
  • Daily activities (e.g. Bingo, etc.)
  • Weekly Church services
  • Onsite Library and transportation services to the Johnston Library
  • Onsite Beauty Shop, which is available for a small fee
  • Complimentary laundry rooms are available or for a small fee your laundry can be done for you.

Anchor Bay at Pocasset provides the opportunity to revive long lasting relationships and develop new ones. It all comes together in our community. Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you the freedom to live life as you choose and please.

Map of Anchor Bay at Pocasset