42 Assisted Living Facilities near Danvers, MA
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Danvers area, with 3 in Danvers and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Danvers is $4,495 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Beverly with an average starting cost of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 256 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Danvers. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danvers 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lynnfield with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Danvers find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danvers, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Danvers, MA
39 Assisted Living Facilities near Danvers, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danvers
Danvers, MA, is located on the northeastern coast of Massachusetts. Its population as of July 2017 is estimated to be 27,558 people, 21.3 percent of whom are age 65 or over. To help support this population of seniors, there are 41 assisted living facilities in the Danvers area, with three located in Danvers and another 38 located in nearby communities, such as Wilmington, Burlington, Lynnfield, Beverly and Peabody.
In Massachusetts, assisted living facilities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences, or ALRs. The state's Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for the regulation and certification of ALRs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danvers
- Danvers has a relatively comfortable year-round climate. Spring, summer and fall are the most pleasant times of the year, as the average high in July is around 82 degrees and the area has an average of 201 sunny days a year. Winters can be a bit challenging for seniors, as Danvers averages about 42 inches of snow each year.
- Violent crime in Danvers is about on par with state and national averages. Based on a ranking of one (low crime) to 100 (high crime), Danvers is 34.7, compared to the state average of 31.6. Property crime, however, is a bit more common in Danvers than in the state as a whole. For property crime, Danvers ranks at 34.1, a bit higher than the state average of 21.1.
- Massachusetts is considered to be moderately tax-friendly toward retirees. Social Security and public pension income is fully tax exempt, but other forms of retirement income, including 401ks, IRAs and private pensions are taxed at the state's income tax rate of 5.1 percent.
- The Danvers area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beverly Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Individual response medical transportation is provided for Danvers residents age 60 or older, or disabled residents under 60. Seniors can make transportation requests and schedule times for pick up.
- Danvers has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Danvers Council on Aging, an organization that provides comprehensive services to enrich the lives of older adults in the Danvers community as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danvers
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Danvers start around $4,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danvers and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danvers
MassHealth, which is Massachusetts's state Medicaid plan, pays for services in Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes and other forms of elderly housing for individuals who meet certain criteria.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danvers
Danvers and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danvers, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danvers
Danvers-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Danvers, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danvers
Review of The Linden at Danvers
Place is disgusting. Stains on carpet outside memory unit Patients unkempt with food all over the front of them. Witnessed staff getting dining room ready for dinner Placemats with dry crusted f... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Putnam Farm
My parents moved into Putnam Farm of Danvers. We had looked at a number of other potential new homes for them and we knew that as soon as we walked into Putnam, our search was over. From our firs... Read more
Review of The Linden at Danvers
Brookdale Danvers has been very accommodating. They have done everything that we have asked. They have fulfilled everything that they promised. They treated my dad very well. They also treated me v... Read more