43 Assisted Living Facilities near Lynn, MA
Also serving communities of Swampscott.
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lynn area, with 3 in Lynn and 40 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 250 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lynn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lynn 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Peabody with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lynn, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lynn, MA
40 Assisted Living Facilities near Lynn, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lynn
Lynn is home to three assisted living residences, as assisted living facilities are called in Massachusetts. Nearby are another 60 assisted living residences, dotted throughout neighboring towns including Quincy, Danvers and Brighton. These assisted living facilities provide personal care services to aging adults, including medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming, all within a safe residential environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lynn
- Because of Lynn's location next to the ocean, the hot summers and cold winters of the Boston area are a bit milder. Summer brings thunderstorms to the area, while New England's infamous "nor'easter" storms bring heavy snow and rain in winter.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Lynn is home to many historic sites, and the Lynn Memorial Auditorium serves as a draw for visiting concerts and shows. The Boston Red Sox sometimes play exhibition games at Fraser Field, which is home to a minor league baseball team as well. Single game tickets are only $6.00, making local minor league games an affordable entertainment option for most seniors.
- The Lynn area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the North Shore Medical Center's Union Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Although Lynn is not directly located on any interstate highway, it's a stop on the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority's light rail lines. Rail and MBTA buses connect Lynn to Boston, and from time to time, ferry service is also available. Seniors can get reduced fairs on MBTA transport via a Senior CharlieCard.
- Lynn has an array of community resources for seniors, including Greater Lynn Senior Services, an organization that provides legal advocacy and counsel, transportation and exercise programs to local seniors, as well as a senior center sponsored by the Lynn Council on Aging.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lynn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Lynn start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lynn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lynn
Group Adult Foster Care, which is available through Medicaid and Mass-Health, and Section 8 housing are among the financial assistance options available from the federal and state government to eligible senior adults in Lynn.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lynn
Lynn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lynn, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lynn
Lynn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lynn, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lynn
Review of Lynn Home for Elderly Persons
The staff here are very good at being available for you and your family member when you need them to be. Food is above average and they do well with making sure to follow the health guidelines and ... Read more
Review of Lynn Shore Rest Home
Lynn shore rest home is located on Breed Street in Lynn, MA. I am not employed by Lynn Shore Rest Home. I work as a homecare RN with elderly patients who reside in the home. I have been to Lynn sho... Read more
Review of Lynn Home for Elderly Persons
Lynn Home for the Elderly also known as Shore View House is situated on Atlantic Terrace street in Lynn, MA. I do not work for this facility. I'm a homecare RN and i usually visit patients in this ... Read more