17 Assisted Living Facilities near Peabody, MA
Also serving communities of Salem, Marblehead.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Peabody area, with 3 in Peabody and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Peabody is $4,557 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Swampscott with an average starting cost of $3,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 142 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Peabody. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Peabody 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Danvers with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Peabody, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Peabody, MA
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Peabody, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Peabody
Peabody is located in Essex County near Boston Bay. Seniors make up over 20 percent of the population in Peabody. To accommodate this growing group elderly residents, there are 16 assisted living facilities in the Peabody area, with three in the Peabody city limits and 13 located in nearby communities Lynnfield, Danvers and Beverly. These facilities offer assistance with daily living such as bathing and dressing, provide room, board and nutritional meals and organize social activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Peabody
- In Peabody, the summers are warm and the winters are cold and wet. Throughout the year, the temperature typically varies from 21°F to 82°F and is rarely below 7°F or above 91°F, making it a fairly mild climate most of the year for seniors.
- Seniors in the Peabody area with respiratory illnesses don't need to worry about the outdoors aggravating their condition as an air quality rating of "good" is consistently awarded to the area.
- The cost of living in Peabody is 31 percent more than the average cost of living in the United States, and the city is rated the 53rd cheapest out of 56 cities in Massachusetts, making Peabody one of the most expensive places in the entire state to live.
- The Peabody area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Peabody is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Peabody has an array of community resources for seniors, including the The Peter A. Torigian Senior Center, an organization that encourages seniors to socialize, exercise and enjoy life to the fullest, as well as three more more senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Peabody
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Peabody start around $4,557 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Peabody and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Peabody
In Massachusetts, the state Medicaid program, MassHealth provides financial assistance with the costs incurred from living in an assisted living community. The Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program may also provide some assistance for those looking to live in senior communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Peabody
Peabody and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Peabody, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Peabody
Peabody-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Peabody, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Peabody
Review of Sunrise at Gardner Park
The rooms at Sunrise at Gardner Park were small. The building was old and refurbished. I didn't care for it, and it's very expensive. The staff who showed me around was very nice and very good. Read more
Review of Brooksby Village
Arrived from out of town to search for facilities In the area that would best for the needs of my husband and myself. We expected at the least to be warmly greeted and provided with information to ... Read more
Review of Brooksby Village
Brooksby Village had many amenities like stores and a real bank. There was no underground covered parking. It's a huge complex, but they require you to park your vehicle outside and they take you t... Read more