Atria Marland Place

Reviews of Atria Marland Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Marland Place

May 20, 2021

By Longshot

The staff is very attentive and professional with the residents. Marland Place Is well maintained and comfortable. Security is exceptional. Management is top notch.

Thanks for sharing your experience! We take pride in delivering quality service each and every day.

May 20, 2021

By cc1214

My grandmother lives in this facility and she loves it! She feels safe and the staff has been wonderful to work with.

We're thrilled to have your grandmother and your family part of the Atria family. Thanks for sharing!

January 27, 2021

By Reviewer RC#0104d

My mom is at Atria Marland Place. It's been genuinely good. A lot of staff turnover, especially on the leadership positions at the facility. I know it's tough with everything that's going on, but they've had a lot of struggles, I think, with keeping personnel, inconsistent support, and then they know they had a lot of COVID. That was more of our concern, was the COVID, 'cause I think they had a lot of temporary help in and out of there, but overall it's been OK. The food has been up and down. They've had three chefs since she's been there, so it's been a little spotty. Sometimes it's pretty good, and other times it's been not so good. They have a tons of stuff for activities. She kinda keeps to herself. She doesn't really care to participate in that stuff, but that's just her decision. They do a good job trying to get people involved, and there's certainly enough stuff going on.

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we take it seriously.

April 25, 2017

By Jim362480

My tour of Atria Marland Place was fine. The place was well kept, clean, and big. The rooms were average but in good condition. The residents I saw seemed fine.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for touring the community. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts.

November 05, 2016

By Chris678655

Atria Marland is nice. It is in a nice location. The place is very neat and clean, and they have a lot of activities.

June 06, 2016

By JP90187361

I say the memory care unit at Atria in Andover is not appropriate for residents with Alzheimers or advanced dementia. lack of attention and improper care. For Alzheimers, Life Guidance units, level of care is very limited, and you will quickly see the need for alternate placement.. The staff cannot handle those patients that wander or get very confused....Strange for this is Alzheimers behavior 101. They claim they are adapt at handling cases such as this but the truth is far from it...We installed drop cams to monitor and care and patience was severely lacking....The night staff put the residents to be right after dinner so they can sit and watch tv all night and not do anything....no wonder they could not handle a patient roaming or wandering due to confusion at night....

I appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention, and I'd like to help. Would you mind emailing me at customerservice@atriaseniorlilving.com? That way I can learn more and share this information with those who are best positioned to address the matter.

June 10, 2015

By CoachDiana

My husband was at Atria and repetitively acted up due to lack of attention and improper care. It is on this basis that I say the memory care unit at Atria in Andover is not appropriate for residents with Alzheimers or advanced dementia. While a beautiful facility, many caregivers are untrained and ill-equipped to handle difficult behaviors that are common to Alzheimer patients. Individuals with unique needs are seen as a burden and problem. With the exception of a few loving caregivers (real angels), a number of caregivers just want to do their jobs and go home. Some members of management lack empathy and come across as detached and uncaring. There's a cookie cutter approach to care. I would not hesitate to recommend Atria for assisted or independent living but not for memory care patients who need a higher level of care unless you are prepared to move your loved one quickly to another facility or have the means to supplement their care with extensive outside help. Now that I am in another and much better facility, I can see the difference and happily report that my husband no longer acts out and is very content I can go and enjoy him with peace of mind knowing he is loved and well cared for (something I didn't have at Atria).

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Atria Marland Place. Your comments are concerning to us, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. If you’re comfortable sharing more information with us, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

May 10, 2014

By Augusta1

We went to Atria Marland Place. It seemed OK. They treated us to lunch, and the food was very good. However, the rooms were rather small. It was quite a long walk to go to the dining area, and my husband wasn't too happy with it. Plus, I thought the upfront costs were a little higher than what we could manage right now.

Thanks for visiting our community. I’m sorry to learn that it isn’t a perfect fit for you husband right now, but welcome you back any time. If you want to share any other feedback, feel free to send me an email at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

February 28, 2014

My mom is now at Atria Marland Place. We interviewed with them and decided that we like what they offered. At Atria Marland, they were upfront with everything. Unlike just about every place that we called, they did not tell us about the upfront fee until the very end when we were considering it and getting close to contracting with them. The upfront fee ranged up to $6000 and it's no refund. So if your parent happens to get sick just before they are about to move and can't move in, you would lose the money ? period. No refund. Atria Marland Place is a very nice place. My first impression of it was that it was warm, inviting and welcoming. The residents seemed happy. They were warm, friendly and inviting to my mom. She is in a shared room and this is one of the things that sold us on for this particular facility because it has a shared main living area, the living room-kitchenette area. Each of the two occupants has their own spacious bedroom and bathroom. That?s really ideal because they can be together when they want to be and they can be private when they want to be. Regarding the staff, since my mom has been there, we have been very pleased with them. They are being very helpful and friendly. My mom loves the aides. She thinks they are the nicest and sweetest women and she calls them "her girls". The food is excellent. The dining room's ambience is very nice. The wait staff is very friendly and warm. They are just cheerful and fun. They would joke around with the residents. For activities, they have groups coming in, they have parties at different holidays, they have movies, games and card games and then they also have exercise classes. They even have a van that takes them to places. Overall, we are delighted with it.

February 24, 2014

By charles0167

Atria was very well organized. The staff that I talked to seemed to be knowledgeable and friendly. I liked the building, it was an old fashioned building that was done over. You always felt that it has a lot of room and not cramped. We had dinner there and it was excellent. It was well prepared and well presented. The facilities were restaurant style and were nice.

September 26, 2013

By Jim34

Atria Marland Place is in the same town that my dad grew up in. Its apartments are nice. The activities are good. It's as good as we can do.

June 12, 2012

By alundquist

It was a really nice living facility in a really wealthy upscale town. It is a peaceful place that looks newly renovated and taken care of really well. There service is good and all the people working there were really friendly and quick to help. Also it seemed like they really cared for the people living there and it seemed like a nice place for someone to live. The best thing about it though was probably the food and waitstaff they had. It seemed like the food was catered because it was very high quality and seemed very fresh, which is much more then I can say for the other assisted living facilities that I have been to. There is also a good amount of parking that is available, it is also a very safe place to park and just generally be at. There is little to no crime in the neighborhood where it is and it seems incredibly safe which is crucial for it to be a good home.

January 25, 2012

By Jennie13

Thank you for your review and I would like to address your concern about the care levels of our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood. Each new resident receives an assessment at the time of move-in and periodically during his or her stay. These assessments help us tailor services to individual needs. We offer 3 levels of care for our residents with memory impairments, and additional personal care of up to 21 hours per week is available based on assessment results. Care may include personal grooming assistance, assistance with self-administered medication management, escorts, accommodations for special diets, and incontinence care. If a resident requires more care than we are able to provide, we work with the family as they consider their options.

In addition to our personalized assisted living services, Atria provides a specialized program called “Sharing the Way” for people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of memory impairment that can mean more positive experiences for residents and families. Our program features supervision 24 hours a day from specially trained caregivers, familiar routines, structured involvement and reminiscence activities, a custom-designed neighborhood with secured entries and exits, focus on abilities of each resident and individual quality of life, delicious dining served in a more intimate setting, personalized wellness care plan, housekeeping services and laundering of bed linens, personal care assistance and medication management, maintenance of apartment including necessary repairs and replacements.

We are always happy to discuss the needs of any family researching memory care options. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Marland Place

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Atria Marland Place

For more than 18 years, Atria Marland Place has been the senior living provider of choice for Andover's wisest older adults. Building on this foundation of trust, they've recently completed a thoughtful, thorough renovation to expand and enhance their community including the addition of Atria Marland Falls, an independent living residence located in the fully restored east wing of the community.

Residents enjoy a host of exciting new living spaces and upgraded amenities including a new fitness center tailored to seniors, a full-service salon and spa, new lounge with bar and grill, a modern bistro, custom-designed movie theater and an expanded Life Guidance&reg memory care neighborhood with a new restaurant and outdoor garden deck.

Located in a renovated historic mill on the banks of the picturesque Shawsheen River, Atria Marland Place is comfortably situated on the north end of Andover's town center. This vibrant assisted living community is convenient to many of the area's best shopping, dining and entertainment destinations.

Atria Marland Place offers private apartments, a professionally certified, 24-hour staff, and a full range of personal care services, including medication reminders. Residents enjoy full-service dining experiences, an active social calendar, housekeeping services, local transportation, and a warm community of friendly neighbors. Most importantly, residents and their families experience greater peace of mind knowing that professional assistance, if desired, is available around the clock.

Guided by a tenured management team with extensive experience and a proven reputation in senior living, Atria Marland Place is committed to providing residents with exceptional accommodations and a superior level of service.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Marland Place