34 Assisted Living Facilities near Beverly, MA
Also serving communities of Ipswich.
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Beverly area, with 2 in Beverly and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Beverly is $3,650 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 226 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Beverly. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Beverly 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Danvers with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Beverly, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Beverly, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Beverly
Beverly, Massachusetts, is home to a large number of historic homes overseen by the Beverly Historical Society and sits right next to the famous city of Salem. Seniors can take in the beautiful beaches, tour historic sites and choose from two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits, as well as 58 in the surrounding area. These facilities are referred to as Assisted Living Residences in Massachusetts and are certified by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. ALRs offer supervision and assistance from trained staff to aid residents in personal care needs and basic medical care such as medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Beverly
- Seniors with a limited income may find Beverly a bit expensive. The cost of living is 45.5 percent higher than the national average, which could make it difficult for some to save money or afford local entertainment.
- Seniors in Beverly experience all four seasons. With warm summers that have an average high temperature of 80 degrees, seniors can get out and be active. The winters are chilly, with a low average temperature of 19 degrees and 42 inches of snow, so seniors with limited mobility may have difficulties getting around.
- Seniors and their loved ones may feel very safe in Beverly, due to the low crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 19.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is much lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 25.1, which is lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Beverly’s air quality was given an ozone score of D by the American Lung Association, which may affect seniors with serious respiratory illnesses. Beverly also received a much higher Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A.
- Seniors in Beverly can attend doctor’s appointments and enjoy shopping by using the Cape Ann Transportation Authority (CATA) Yellow Line. This service offers a senior discount and has regular stops to the local hospital, downtown shopping, and local attractions Monday through Friday.
- The Beverly area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beverly Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Beverly
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Beverly start around $3,650 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Beverly and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Beverly
Low-income seniors in Massachusetts may be entitled to receive help covering assisted living costs through MassHealth, the state’s Medicaid program. In addition to this, the state offers the Supportive Senior Housing Initiative, a non-Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Beverly
Beverly and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Beverly, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Beverly
Beverly-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Beverly, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Beverly
Review of Herrick House
Herrick House had a real nice setup. It's a 100-year-old building and the only problem I found out was the apartments they showed me were too small. They had a bigger apartment but they didn't have... Read more
Review of Landmark at Oceanview
It was a converted, old school, but it's in reasonably good shape and has high ceilings. The apartments are cozy but don't have full kitchens. The man who took me around was lovely and the staff th... Read more
Review of Landmark at Oceanview
It was very nice. The person that assisted me was very helpful. They had trips, Bingo, card games, movies, and arts and crafts. We had a meal and it was good. They had a library, and the room that ... Read more