24 Assisted Living Facilities near Wake Forest, NC
With an average cost of $6,397 in Wake Forest, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 35 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Wake Forest.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wake Forest, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wake Forest
Situated just north of Raleigh, Wake Forest, North Carolina, has nearly 3,200 seniors, roughly 10.6 percent of the population. With only a tenth of the city's residents over the age of 65, Wake Forest is home to 24 assisted living facilities, with two directly within the city limits and 22 nearby. Within Wake Forest and across North Carolina, assisted living facilities are referred to as adult care homes (ACH) and are monitored by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. ACHs are defined as residencies in which 24-hour personal care services are provided to two or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wake Forest
- Wake Forest experiences a subtropical climate, meaning there are moderate temperatures throughout the spring, fall and winter. The city typically gets 45 inches of rain each year, slightly higher than the national average annual rainfall of 39 inches. Because Wake Forest is situated in the south, seniors who choose to live in the area will experience high humidity and little to no snow.
- The Wake Forest area is served by the Triangle Transit Authority mass transit system. Seniors qualify for more than half-off regular fare prices. For seniors who are interested in traveling by air, the Raleigh-Durham International Airport is the nearest major airport to Wake Forest.
- The Wake Forest area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, located in Raleigh.
- Wake Forest has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Northern Wake Senior Center, an organization that offers a full schedule of recreational activities such as aerobics, monthly social events and educational classes.
- The National Air Toxics Assessment measures the number of harmful pollutants in the air and assigns a numerical value on a scale of one to 100 to the air quality (with 100 being perfect air quality). Wake Forest's air quality score is exactly equal to the nation's average air quality score (58), making the city no better or worse for seniors who have asthma or other respiratory illnesses.
- Wake Forest's violent crime rate is 18.1 percent lower than the national average violent crime rate, though the property crime rate in this city is only 4.3 percent lower than the national average. The low crime rates in Wake Forest could mean this area is a safe option for assisted living.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wake Forest
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Wake Forest start around $6,397 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wake Forest and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wake Forest
The State/County Special Assistance Program (For Adult Care Home Residents) provides eligible seniors throughout North Carolina financial aid for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wake Forest
Wake Forest and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wake Forest, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wake Forest
Wake Forest-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wake Forest
Review of Brookdale Wake Forest
I went to Brookdale Wake Forest. The girl there who I talked with was very helpful and nice. She showed me around and took her time with me. She did a good job. When I went, they were having some t... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wake Forest
Brookdale Wake Forest was nice, it was my number two choice. It was nicer, as far as a newer, cleaner, just overall appearance of it, and also a little bit more expensive and farther away for me, l... Read more
Review of Nurturing Nest Family Care Home
I recently toured Nurturing Nest, Mellissa the owner is great. She shared that she built this for her own mother. I was completely impressed, the home is beautiful. It is immaculately clean, the li... Read more