7 Assisted Living Facilities near Zebulon, NC
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Zebulon area, with 2 in Zebulon and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Zebulon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Zebulon 3.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Knightdale with an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Zebulon, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Zebulon, NC
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Zebulon, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Zebulon
Seniors in Zebulon, North Carolina might enjoy fresh produce from the Zebulon Farmer's Market or attend events at Wake County senior centers. The town has a population of 4,433 people, 13% of whom are seniors 65 or over. Some of these seniors may require assistance with the tasks of daily living.
To accommodate this population, there are eight assisted living facilities in the area, including two in Zebulon. Both adult care homes and multi-unit assisted housing facilities are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Zebulon
- North Carolina, including Zebulon, is moderately tax-friendly for seniors. Social Security income is tax-exempt, but withdrawals from retirement accounts are fully taxed.
- At 96, Zebulon's cost of living matches the state average and is somewhat less than the U.S. norm of 100. Seniors may pay less for housing and groceries here than in the state or nation as a whole.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 is the highest crime rate, Zebulon's violent crime is 34.9 versus the U.S. norm of 22.7, while the city's property crime is 83.2 versus the national average of 35.4. Seniors and family members touring facilities may want to find out what security measures, such as cameras and guards, are available to safeguard residents.
- Seniors who dislike snow may be happy to hear that Zebulon only gets two inches per year. The annual temperature ranges from 27-89 degrees and there are 216 sunny days annually, 11 more than the national average. The city receives 46 inches of rain, 8 more than the U.S. norm.
- According to the EPA, Zebulon has an air quality of 63, five points higher than the U.S. average. The town's water quality is 90, 35 points higher than U.S. norm.
- The Zebulon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including WakeMed Health and Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Zebulon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Zebulon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Zebulon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Zebulon
Zebulon seniors and those throughout the state may be eligible for financial assistance through the Medicaid State Plan. Those eligible already receive the federal Supplemental Security Income payment and are low-income seniors. Family members can provide financial assistance for seniors who want a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Zebulon
Zebulon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Zebulon, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Zebulon
Zebulon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Zebulon
Review of Coventry Assisted Living
Coventry House was a nice, simple place; nothing fancy, but it was fairly new and clean. The rooms were fine. My mother stayed there for a month. The staff did a pretty good job. Most of them were ... Read more
Review of Zebulon House
The look of Zebulon House Assisted Living is fine. As we were touring, they said Mom can have this and Mom can have that.Once she got in, I think there was an oversell and under-deliver. For the pr... Read more
Review of Coventry Assisted Living
I really liked Coventry House of Zebulon, and it's reasonable. The residents there liked it, and it's out in the country so it's nice, quiet, and calm. I spoke with a couple of residents; they seem... Read more